Speaking in tongues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Speaking in tongues

Post by Sirianta on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:00 pm

Last night I just realised again how powerfull it is to use the gift God gave all of us to speak in tongues!

I looked at a sermon of a guy who spoke a little bit of the power of praying in tongues and I realised that I did this so long ago. He said that we should speak in tongues every day. Then last night I put on some praise and worship music and started praying in tongues. While doing this I just started crying and crying. What amazes me is that I don't know what I'm praying but I'm crying. This is really such a wonderful way of speaking to God 'cause then it shows you that your spirit takes over the physical. When I looked up to the roof after having my eyes closed for a long time (our roof is white put with patterns on it) it seemed like all the patterns were gone and everything was as white as snow. I don't know how to explain it. It is as if I witnessed the presence of the Holy Spirit.

I want to encouage every one to start praying in tongues regularly. It is such a blessing that God gave to us!! We have so much God gave us to our advantage that we don't use. It is in our lap, we have to use it more often :hooray:

Love in Jesus

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speaking in tongues

Post by Sirianta on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:38 am

I just want to ad this: maybe some of you haven't received this gift yet and I just want to encourage you by this testimony:

Quite a few years back a lot of my friends went on a womans church camp and I couldn't go with 'cause my husband didn't want me to go. The Saturday my hubby wasn't at home and I cried out to the Lord because I had to sit at home and loose out on the blessing of the camp. I really wanted to go on this camp to receive the gift of tongues. I wanted someone to pray for me to receive the gift. And the Lord spoke to me and said: "You don't need a camp to receive this gift, just ask me now" I was stunned!! I then started praying and asked Him to bless me with this gift and then it happened. I just started speaking a language I couldn't understand! And it went on for about10 minutes. All the hand gestures went with this language I spoke like when you are in conversation with someone. I cried whilst praying in tongues. Why, I don't know, but what I do know is that it is the work of the Holy Spirit!!

That is where I got my username Sirianta. That was the first word I spoke in tongues. My real name is Mariaan. I don't know what the word Sirianta means, I looked it up on google but couldn't find anything.

We don't need other people to bless us with this gift as with other gifts as well. Just ask and you shall receive. God knows how important it is for you to use so why won't He bless you with it? Just ask wink

Love in Christ

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:33 pm

what a blessing sirianta you have been!!! I always thought, someone had to pray over you to recieve the gift. a few years back a couple prayed that I would have the gift of tongues, they were like open your mouth and speak ....nothing came out then like 2 yrs ago I was praying and being real honest with God, pouring out my heart, it happened the words were flowing and i couldn't stop them, flowing from my heart

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:19 pm

I knew there was a reason I love your name laugh

Thank you for posting this huggins

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Hey Gissy! Yes isn't God awesome!! When we want to be blessed by something we can just ask Him. It's not about people but about God thumbs

lol! Hind'sfeet. Thank you! I also loved the word, that is why I used it flower

God bless

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 am

I thought it was your real name before you told your testimony!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:53 am

wow!! awesome!!! I love this!!

thank u so much for sharing!

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Love it too SisterinChrist!! God is amazing thumbs

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Your testimony is a blessing Sirianta, It is so true how much of a true blessing it is from God to pray in tongues, and yes God can and does bless His chidren weither they are with others or alone with Him. I recieved the gift of tongues before I knew there was such a thing...I didnt know about being baptised in the spirit or a heavenly language. I was in the shower praising God one night when a song came out of me that I thought was beautiful and I didnt know a word of it or ever heard it before and yet I knew it. It felt like God and like it was familiar to me. In times of deep passion it bubbles out of me, from the deep part of me....I am praying that all of our brothers and sisters who long for this gift from God will ask for it and recieve it in faith
in Gods perfect timing
Siranta, thank you again, you are a blessing sister.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:02 am

Aw, thanks Linda! huggins This is why I love this ministry, we are all here to share our experiences and learn more from each other. I can not tell you what a blessing this ministry is for me personally. I learn so much here and love it!!

Love in Christ

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shany on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:25 pm

I can't speak in tongues :( Is every christian suppose to be able to do this? What is holding me back from doing this? I know its a gift but am I doing something wrong?

shany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:44 am

Hey Shany! It's been a while since I've been on this site and only see today that you asked this question.

This tool / gift has been given by God to everyone who wants to use it!! That is the beauty of it happy dance Ask and you shall receive. Like I've said previously you don't need someone like a pastor to pray for you to receive it. I've found it much easier to receive on my own, because then you don't feel pressured! I once went on a church camp as well and a prophet prayed over me to receive this gift and it didn't happen, because I felt self conscious because of all the people around me and the prophet standing right in front of me.

I would suggest pray about this to God and ask Him that you really want to receive it. It happens differently with every one, but anyone can receive it if they are longing for it and God WILL give this gift to you.

You can try putting on some praise and worship music when you're by yourself and just start praying and longing for the Lord and ask Him that you want to be blessed with this gift. Don't feel like you don't deserve this, because non of us are perfect and everyone can receive it. I just find p&w music to bring me into the presence of the Lord and it is at that moment that "things" start happening.

Hope this helps huggins

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shany on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:23 am

Thanks Sirianta for the response. I really appreciate your words.

shany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Crying when praying in tongues

Post by shalom on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:00 am

Hi,

I have been praying for my children in tongues.
A few times when praying for something specific for them in tongues I find myself crying loudly with tears when praying in tongues.
What does this mean? Does it mean what I am specifically praying for in tongues is not according to The Lords will as the Holy Spirit prays according to the will of God, or it is a no from The Lord for what I am specifically asking the Holy Spirit to interceed for?
At other times I pray normally without tears and crying.
What is the difference between the two as I am praying in tongues both times?
Many thanks for your help.
God bless.

shalom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top