Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eagle's wings

Living for Jesus

“He had done no wrong & had never deceived anyone…., but it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him & cause him grief.” Is. 53:9a, 10a
A body had been prepared for Jesus to do the will of His Father. Beyond healing the sick, raising the dead casting out demons…, His ultimate assignment was the cross- To pay with His life for man’s sins. No scripture captures his suffering better than Is. 53. Is. Is.52:14 says that He was so badly bruised & disfigured (by the soldiers, italics mine), that no one would know that he was a man! Man’s sins were so weighty, & the consequences so grave that only divine sinless blood could adequately atone for it. Mk. 15:33 shows us that Jesus hung on the cross for at least 3 gruesome hours. As He hung between heaven & earth, he must have tasted the feeling of abandonment by the one He called ABBA, denied by the one had named the Rock & betrayed by the disciple who was from the sane tribe as him. The only thing that kept him on the cross amidst the jeers & taunts was YOU & I. (Heb. 12:2) He bore it all and chose to bleed till only water poured from his sides. He left the glory of heaven & became a servant on earth with one burning desire etched into every fiber of His being- Reconciling us back to the Father.
Truth is, whenever we hear the story of His death & resurrection, we are filled with awe & love for him & many times shed a tear or two. But we so often forget the dear price that He chose to pay for our lives with no thought for Him at all. We put our eyes off Him & allow the hurts & betrayals from those we trust, the disappointment from failed promises, the pleasures & pressures of the world to woe our hearts away from the Father.
My earnest prayer for us today & always is that our hearts will be melted & remolded by the Potter, that our love for Him grows daily, & that no other throne survives in our hearts but HIS. He deserves our ALL, as the song writer put it,… Like a rose trampled on the ground, He took the fall & thought of me above all”
SHALOM

Eagles Wings,

I feel the same way. No one, not one person here on earth is worthy of his most precious gift except that he loved us and gave his life for us. It says also in the Word, No better friend does a man have than one that would lay down his life for a friend. I was thinking that He did not even know my name and gave his life.....but He did know my name and still gave His life as a sacrifice for my sin and the sin of all the world from the beginning of time to the end of all things. That is a lot of sin and alot to bear. He bore it because it was the will of the one who sent him and his name is Jehovah God! We are covered by the blood shed on Calvery and we are forgiven because he forgave us first. He prayed for us in the garden of Gathsemene. In the book of John and I believe it is the 16th chapter. Don't quote me. We are so blessed and half the time we don't even appreciate it. Sometimes I think to myself, what would have happended to us if Jesus did not save us from our retched selves? All I can say is it would not have been pretty at all. Let's just say we would not be where we are today. I personally cannot thank Him enough for all He has done for me. Excellent post by the by. Great topic. Keep it coming. It is good to be reminded of the penalty that was paid for us. He bought us with a price, his own life.

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins