Dream of Dogs and Cats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream of Dogs and Cats

Post by kstripes1522 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:08 am

In the dream my husband and I were at the grocery store. I asked if we could get a dog (neither of us care for dogs) and he said yes if we could find one that would behave. We were standing at the register during this conversation.
My brother came up to us pushing a cart with a dog in it. He said he had to call the service desk to return the dog. He left and returned with an adorable little dog sitting quietly in his cart.
I loved the dog as soon as I saw it and asked my husband if we could have that one. He said yes and took the dog outside while I paid for groceries.
When I got outside, my husband was complaining about how stupid "that cat" was. I looked up and saw the dog (which suddenly seemed much bigger than before) jump from the cart and chase my brother's pet cat across the parking lot.
I ran after them as the dog caught the cat in his mouth and ran back a little way, dropped the cat and ran to my SUV.
I hurried to the cat, who had now turned into the cat my husband and I have as a pet. She is an all-black cat with yellow eyes, and in the dream she had three eyes. Her body was a little crooked from being carried in the dog's mouth.
I picked her up and put her in the car with my husband and the dog, and the two animals immediately began to fight. I shut the door and headed back towards the grocery store to retrieve my cart of groceries. Before I got there, I woke up.

kstripes1522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream of Dogs and Cats

Post by Deborah on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Just a thought here--but your dream reminded me of that saying "Fighting like cats and dogs." Do you think this dream could reflect some strife that's going on in your life?

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kstripes1522 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 am

My husband has moved out due to an affair he has had and does not know whether he wants to stay married or get divorced. Being in limbo creates much strife in my life. I thought the dream might be related, but I'm not sure how.

kstripes1522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:41 am

Well it's like ownership in your dream (fidelty in real life) is skewed. First the dog was your brother's and then you wanted it, only to find out it wasn't as cute as it initially seemed (like your's husband's mistress probably). Then the cat was your brother's and then it was yours and your husband didn't like it and said it was stupid. The cat appeared out of nowhere in your dream, probably like the mistress in real life.

I'm so sorry for what's going on in your life. I pray you'll draw close to Jesus through this, the One Who will never leave you or forsake you. Take at gander at Isaiah 54 when you get a chance.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kstripes1522 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:54 am

Thank you so much. Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. I've been struggling with these feeling for four months and have grown closer to God through it all. Lately I've been having very vivid dreams that I remember, and I feel as if God is trying to tell me something through them. Isaiah 54 is a great passage!

kstripes1522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:58 am

thumbs Bless You you\\'re welcome!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down