Help Guide on Understanding Symbolism~Part 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Guide on Understanding Symbolism~Part 2

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:09 am

2. Common symbols-

Common symbols are symbols that you see over and over again, not only in your dreams, but others as well. They are a little tricky at times because there is a broad spectrum of things they could represent. Also common symbols can also be literal. Say for instance, a baby. Either the baby is about a real baby or real pregnancy, or it’s symbolic for a responsibility that takes up time and energy. The possibilities of the personal meanings for babies is limitless. I've had babies mean so many different things such as: School, ministry, work, a new relationship...you get the idea. It’s usually something new or time consuming that eventually becomes "your baby. The same goes for tornadoes and volcanoes.

When I dream of volcanoes, I usually have drama in my life where I “erupt” emotionally. tornado I’ve also had them represent issues in my life that are out of my control but usually always cause drama and destruction. Tornadoes are pretty much the same. If they aren’t literal, they represent issues in my life that are out of control that the devil uses to put fear in my heart. Remembering the way you felt in the dream will always clue you in when the manifestation occurs. Is there an issue in your life that is terrorizing you the way that tornado did last night?

Death is another symbol that is commonly misconstrued. All the dreams I’ve had of death were either literal or symbolic for change.

A close friend of mine had a dream that her daughter was sitting on a hill by two graves. As she approached her, she came to the understanding that the people in the graves were her grandson and her daughter’s boyfriend. She watched in horror as her daughter caressed the blades of grass that covered their graves. She explained that she didn’t want to do it, but she had to kill them because they got in the way of her lifestyle. My friend said she felt her daughter actually thought she had done the right thing. End of dream.

what You can imagine the panic my friend felt after waking from such a dream! But after praying about it, we both knew it must be symbolic about the lifestyle she was living. We both felt that in some way she would push her son and her boyfriend out of her life so that she could be as free as she wanted to be. Several years after the dream, she left her boyfriend and her son now lives with his biological father. Conclusion: Death= change, transition, an end to something.

Ever dream you were flying? Flying in a dream normally means something you are doing that you are very good at. You may be flying out of control, which usually means you are operating your gift, but haven’t mastered it yet.

There are so many other common symbols and any common symbol can also be a personal symbol. But the key to understanding them is not a dream dictionary, but by careful study of your own dreams, and prayer and listening for the Lord. You will find out soon that you are His student and he is willing and ready to teach you anything you want to learn! “It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.” (John 6:45, New International Version)

3. Biblical Symbols-

Have you ever had a dream that you knew was truly from the Lord? Perhaps it was parabolic in nature with mountains, valleys, rivers, sheep, vines, and fruit? Usually if we have a dream with these symbols, we wake up knowing the dream has meaning. The first place you should seek for guidance, along with the Lord, is the Bible. God once told me, "If you don’t know the meaning of a dream, go to the original source, My Word."

It’s amazing what God uses straight from His word. There are common verses I see the Lord use. For example, if someone dreams of eating ripe juicy fruit, the verse to reference would probably be Galations 5:22: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

I have also dreamed of a vine that produced fruit which stood for my finances. In the bible, people who grew fruit from the vine did it to their benefit. If they had a vineyard with a bountiful crop, they were well off. Here is a good example of a biblical dream with fruit:

I dreamed I was in a garden surrounded by a forest. In the garden were several berry bushes with green berries on them. I looked around me and noticed several other people around berry bushes and we were all waiting for these berries to turn red so that we could pick them. I knew once the berries ripened, everyone would start picking like mad and I saw there was a man beside my berry bush and I knew he would get to them before I did. Then an announcer, who was also my relative, was there next to me and said it was almost time to start picking. Then she whispered in my ear to look at the man next to me and I did. Then she says: ” Make sure you ask him if I can have those berries off that bush and then give them to me.” I told her I would because I knew she desperately needed them. Then she gave me specific directions which she repeated to me several times to make sure I remembered them when I woke up. She said "Make sure that when you pick/receive them from the man, you do so with your LEFT HAND on the outside. Keep your right hand completely out of it..." (I saw her demonstrate how to receive the berries and her right hand wasn't even touching the berries. "MAKE SURE you keep your left hand holding the berries on the outside of your right hand so I will know that I can go ahead and receive them."Soon the berries turned red and I began practicing how I was going to ask the man and receive the berries for the woman in need. End of dream.

The dream reminded me of a verse in the bible so I did a keyword search and was led straight to the interpretation.
Matthew 6:1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”

The dream manifested that day. My husband and I were anticipating our tax return to be applied to our bank account, which they were that day. I also knew I would need to ask my husband for money so that I could help out a friend in need. But God used this dream to correct me so that I would go about it the right way.

There are other dreams that leave me scratching my head scratching chin and I think there's no way it could be in the bible. However I’m often surprised at the answers I find.

One woman dreamed her stomach was swelling and her thigh was rotting away. She saw her sister across from her and knew that she was sharing in the same sin her sister was.

I found in the Old Testament where the priests were to give a woman accused of adultery a test in Numbers 5:19 "Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, "If no other man has slept with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have defiled yourself by sleeping with a man other than your husband"- here the priest is to put the woman under this curse of the oath-"may the LORD cause your people to curse and denounce you when he causes your thigh to waste away and your abdomen to swell."The question I was left to ask the woman was, "Is your sister comitting adultry?"

Why God speaks in Parables~
This is the reason that I speak to them in parables: because having the power of seeing, they do not see; and having the power of hearing, they do not hear, nor do they grasp and understand. In them indeed is the process of fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah, which says: You shall indeed hear and hear but never grasp and understand; and you shall indeed look and look but never see and perceive. For this nation’s heart has grown gross (fat and dull), and their ears heavy and difficult of hearing, and their eyes they have tightly closed, lest they see and perceive with their eyes, and hear and comprehend the sense with their ears, and grasp and understand with their heart, and turn and I should heal them. But blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) are your eyes because they do see and your ears because they do hear. (Matthew 13:13-16, Amplified Bible)

There you have it! God speaks to us in parables at night so that we will not harden our hearts, but heed his Word and obey and be healed. What a friend we have in Him! happy dance

Last edited by daphanie02 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Guide on Understanding Symbolism~Part 2

Post by James Gerald on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:15 am

daphanie02 wrote: Why God speaks in Parables~
“This is the reason that I speak to them in parables: because having the power of seeing, they do not see; and having the power of hearing, they do not hear, nor do they grasp and understand. In them indeed is the process of fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah, which says: You shall indeed hear and hear but never grasp and understand; and you shall indeed look and look but never see and perceive. For this nation’s heart has grown gross (fat and dull), and their ears heavy and difficult of hearing, and their eyes they have tightly closed, lest they see and perceive with their eyes, and hear and comprehend the sense with their ears, and grasp and understand with their heart, and turn and I should heal them. But blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) are your eyes because they do see and your ears because they do hear.” (Matthew 13:13-16, Amplified Bible)
There you have it! God speaks to us in parables at night so that we will not harden our hearts, but heed his Word and obey and be healed. What a friend we have in Him!

Very well said Daphanie02/Laura GOD BLESS YOU!

i did not know how to move what you said highlighted or i would have done it that way.

James Gerald

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:53 pm

LOL thats ok James! I fixed it for you! whenever you want to quote someone, just go to their post and click on the "quote" button located beside their posting title.
Thanks for reading and i'm glad you liked! thumbs

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by James Gerald on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Thank you Laura GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU!

James Gerald

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by judylanescheihing on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:21 am

thank you for this insight , understanding god . gifted for the help of others. again thank you. judy

judylanescheihing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimere on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:00 am

AMEN!!! Well said! :D

Chimere

View user profile http://amzn.to/ICKWgM

Back to top Go down

Post by baffling on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!