Please Interpret Dream for me...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please Interpret Dream for me...

Post by musical_one on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:22 pm

In 1995 I had a dream unlike any I have had before or since.

I was trying to conceive a child with my husband, my second child. I had no fertility issues so I was not worried about if I would conceive or not. I had a recent ob check-up and everything looked good for me to conceive.

Fast forward a few days and I am alone in my room asleep, my husband working out of town.

The dream:
In my dream I was in a light-filled space with no walls, no buildings, no shadows, no horizon
only pure brilliant light. My first reaction was "It is the end of the world" and "this is my judgement day".
I was sure I was in some form of God's presence.

As I looked around in this intense light, I saw four circular illuminations (like the sun) but it was made clear in my dream these were not planetary objects but instead beings (no, not aliens).

In my dream I was reassured I had not died, and not to be afraid.

I was in awe of what I was seeing and not understanding what the purpose of my being there might be (where-ever I was). I did not get the feeling I was dreaming...but certainly I was not in my room in my home either.

A non-audible voice told me I was pregnant, and apparently knowing I wanted a girl answered the unspoken question with, "It will be a son".

There was no other message I can remember right this moment.

I remember waking up with a jolt, certain I was pregnant.

I laughed to myself the next morning thinking that if I dare tell anyone they would certainly think I was imagining being kidnapped by aliens, so I told no-one.

Soon after I went to the ob doctor. I didn't mention the dream, just that I was pregnant. Once there he did not believe I was pregnant because he had just seen me about a week before (before the dream) and tested me and had already told me "No" I was "not pregnant" at that visit.

I insisted on the test. At the positive result He seemed genuinely flabbergasted.
I assumed it was because he believed either the act of sex and my expected ovulation didn't quite line up with what he believed would result in a conception per his timeline.
Whatever his reason for surprise...I gave birth to a son the following January.

I have not had another dream that compares since, though I have had moments where earnest prayer was answered concerning the child. At one point I was worried about his future and what I should do to make sure he was being raised in God's will (to be doing God's will). I was frettfully asking God, "What will he be?" Thinking God would somehow tell me of some specific occupation. I was thinking doctor or attorney...something along those lines. I certainly didn't expect a direct response...but the answer came quickly as I sat praying at the doorstep of my hime (not exactly out loud), I was told in a stern 'voice', "He will be...Mine." Again I laughed at my worrying, What a silly child I was to fret.

The child is now 12. He will be 13 on the 13th of January.
He is at an critical age...much can change quickly for him and I want to be careful to protect him.

I am not sure if I should be seeking spiritual guidance about him based upon the dream of his conception, I mean God didn't need to announce the pregnancy in a dream I could figure that out soon enough on my own, and certainly no brilliant heavenly light was required to inform me.

I want to know if anyone can help me interpret what it might mean (if there is a deeper meaning beyond telling me I was pregnant). I feel a little silly asking, and so late after so much time has passed.

Many Thanks for any help.

musical_one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Interpret Dream for me...

Post by butterfly on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:50 am

I am not a dream interpreter or anything like that but I hopefully I can give you some advice concerning this situation.

My first advice to you is not to be overly caught up about your son and what he will be in the future. Allow him to be who he is, give him room to breathe. Don't fuss or worry over him because he could pick up on that up and start to feel anxious.

My next advice would be to treat him like you would any other child. The truth is he is like any other child. Sure God may have a particular calling for him but that does not make him greater than or better than other children. You also were wondering based on that dream if he might call to be a doctor, lawyer etc. My advice is to just love your son and accept him the way he is. Leave his future in the hands of God. God knows what he is doing. God had told you about your pregnancy before hand and yes God has a good plan for your son (just like he has a good plan for any other child as well) but it may not be in line with what you want him to be. So in otherwords be very careful. Your son might not be called to be a doctor, lawyer or anything prestigious like that. When God has a calling for persons he gives them the desire for that particular calling. So for e.g God might call someone to be an actor or an actress, and as a result that person will love acting, will want to act and will have the talent for acting. So whatever your sons desire to do with his life even if it does not seem major or prestigious you need to be able to embrace it. As I said before leave him in the hands of God, God knows what he is doing. Don't dwell on it.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:36 am

God gave you the dream as devine confirmation that you would indeed be pregnant. In my personal opinion, He wanted him to be a boy instead of a girl for a reason.

When God told you "He will be Mine," I felt so strongly in my Spirit a Joy that I cannot explain and it made me cry. Your son is in the mighty Hands of the Father and he is predestined to belong to God!!! :clap: happy dance praiseGod :PTL:

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."

Ephesians 1:3 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves."

Ephesians 1:11 "In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory."

love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

This special announcement to you may be a source of strength for you regarding your son in the future. Meaning: Your son may try your patience or may go wayward for a time. Or, his health may be threatened. I don't know what. But perhaps your son will require a lot of prayer and love. That moment/dream/encounter could serve as hope and reason to continue to intercede in prayer on his behalf. I am not saying this is necessarily the case, but it is one possible reason.
I am the classic worrier. I worry not because I do not trust God, but because I do not trust that the things I do will be good enough. I am aware of it and work hard against that perfectionism. So, I cannot encourage you enough NOT TO WORRY. God has planted this encounter/dream with you. WHen you need the lesson from it, He will give it!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

I too, am sitting here in awe of God. When I read that part where God told you "He will be mine" I thought about Samuel. Hanna gave Samuel back to God and He lived in the temple and became a GREAT man of God. Hallelujah!!!

I agree, do NOT worry about your son. Do what Hanna did, Give him to God (in your heart and mind) and allow the Lord to direct Him. He is hidden in the wings of the shadow of the Almighty...no evil shall come near his dwelling because HE BELONGS TO GOD!!!!!

What a MIGHTY God we serve. :clap:

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by musical_one on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:34 pm

Thank you everyone for your time in prayerful thought and reassurance. Your words of wisdom enouraged me to be confident in God's plan (even though I am waiting for it to be revealed). There is a sense of release from the burden of feeling alone. Thank You and Bless You!

musical_one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top