Exoteric or Esoteric Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exoteric or Esoteric Christianity

Post by dreams3 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:31 pm

please i need to understand what are these. Does this mean the same. OR are they new age doctrine or what. i have try to check it up on the internet..still dont get it.

i will appreciate discussion on this. thanks.

dreams3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exoteric or Esoteric Christianity

Post by True Flight on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:55 pm

I found this
People examining religion have stated that religious traditions have both exoteric and esoteric aspects. For example if you look at orthodox christianity there is the aspect of the religion that deals with certain beliefs, dogmas, and rituals. Thats the exoteric aspect.

The esoteric aspect is the aspect of the religion that deals with the deeper meaning of the religion. What the symbolism of the rituals is. Some have suggested for instance that the resurrection of Jesus symbolizes the change of seasons from winter to spring. That would be considered an esoteric interpretation of the scripture.

It seems though too that there is something happening in physics which parallels this situation in religion. In physics there is the study of the outward manifestation of phenomena which is the study of the motion of matter through space and forces such as gravity and and various electromagnetic phenomena.

Also in physics there is the study of things in the inner depths of phenomena, this is called quantum physics. In quantum physics it seems as though the ordinary laws of physics don't apply.

This is similar to religious scripture. In scripture there is the literal statement(the exoteric aspect) and the hidden meaning of that statement is the esoteric message/meaning of that statement/verse. And when you understand the esoteric meaning of a verse in one religious scripture you can find that scriptures from other religions have verses that convey the same esoteric message but use different symbols to do so.

Quantum particles behave in ways that can be interpreted as being either as a wave or as a particle depending on the manner in which it is observed. Similarly there are a variety of manifestations in which esoteric truths present themselves.

the exoteric is like the story's in the Bible, the esoteric are the hidden nuggets that the Holy Spirit shows us that are hidden within the stories
Thats why the Bible is a mystery to those that haven't received the Holy Spirit

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreams3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:45 am

thanks for this. The reason also i am asking this question is because my husband claim healed in Asoteric Healing...and that these people belief in God and called Jesus . But what i dont understand is what is the Asoteric or exoteric healing(pendulum, energy etc)..is this not new age or what . i am searching this so that i can know on what direction to pray for him. You can see i wrote a prayer request to this effect. Becos our pastor told him this is not biblical but he argued there was no harm in it.

dreams3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 am

With Jesus we do not need a pendulum or other devices or energy to be healed. We need only believe that Jesus saved us and has died for us and has risen again that we may live. He is Jehovah Rapha, our healer. Read Isaiah 53. Places that teach you need a divice to be healed are not teaching the truth. Your church should be bible based and teach what Jesus taught. If it does not then seek one that does. The way to know for sure is to study the word of God. The truth will set us free. If you stay in the word and stay in communication with God, then the truth about it will be revealed.

I hope this helps,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by James Gerald on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:41 am

AMEN! praying

James Gerald

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:04 pm

Sponsored content