My 3 1/2 year old doesn't want to sleep

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My 3 1/2 year old doesn't want to sleep

Post by Sirianta on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Hey guys, I don't know what to make of this but my little girl (she is 3 1/2 years old) doesn't want to sleep at school. She sometimes cries and tells me that I should please come and fetch her before she sleeps at school. At home I kind of have the same problem. She is scared to sleep alone. I must sleep with her every night and then she is very clingy. It's as if she is scared of sleeping or something.

Do you think that she has nightmares or something like that? Has anybody else experienced something like this with their children. Or maybe there is some natural explanation, something emotional. I don't know. I even thought of taking her to a pshyciatrist for help.

Blessings
S

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My 3 1/2 year old doesn't want to sleep

Post by Cholette on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Pray and anoint your home...and pray and anoint your children. Speak the word over her and say that the Lord gives His beloved SWEET SLEEP! (Psalm 127:2)

Our children go through trial and tribs of their own...that is why we have to pray...especially when their behavior changes.

Hope this helps.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:59 pm

I agree with Cholette, prayer is the most powerful thing we can do for our children to make it through difficulties and trials.
Does your daycare/preschool have a place where you can observe unoticed? Even if you cannot be behind a two way mirrior, If you could volunteer half a day to observe as you do other work you might have a better understanding of what is making your daughter uncomfortable.

I know that sometimes it is something that only you might notice. As an example, my little grandson Kio, is 4 and in his assessment recently, the teacher told my daughter and her husband that they might consider holding him back a year (before going on to Kindergarten) because even though he is advanced in the academics, he chooses not to play with the other kids during recess. He in instead chose regularly to ride one of the bikes at every single play time.
I have worked with children for years and knowing Kio, I knew that he loves to play with others, the reason that he was choosing to ride the bike was that right now he is living in a home without any sidewalks and a very bumpy yard. His only chance to really have fun riding a bike is at school.
After I talked to Kio's parents they asked kio to invite some other boys to follow him with their bikes and pretend that they were going places and he did and this game has given the parents and the teacher a better understanding of the situation.
This is important and I will pray for you daughter as well.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:52 pm

Thanks guys! I' surely going to annoint our home and keep on praying for her.

Linda, that is very interesting that you've told about your grandson. Just shows you. I went to the school to talk about this and her teacher said that one of her friends is very dominant and a bit minipulative. They have seperated them a bit now. We will have a meeting again to discuss her progress. They've also put Craigen my son with her in the same class when they are sleeping to see If she won't feel more secure.

Thanks again for the replies!

Xxx
S

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi,

Biblically, it is okay to ask God for angels to guard your daughter in prayer. And you can also tell her that God's angels are watching her always! and God is far greater than anyone.

You may explain Psalm 91 to her and...Ps 34:7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

It works for my 5-year old son even when he was 4, I hope it works for her also.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Thanks Owen! I do pray for angels to protect them everyday and I also tell them about angels and that they are with them all the time to protect them.

I also plead the blood of Jesus over them every night and during the mornings.

I do believe angels are there to protect all of us, because there is so many scriptures in the Word of God speaking about how angels protect us and I thank God for that!

God bless

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top