Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linda Irish

DONT HAND YOUR POWER OVER TO THE ENEMY....

CAST YOUR CARES ON THE ONE WHO CARETH FOR YOU.
Don’t hand over your power to the enemy.

How do we hand over power to our enemy? By insisting on our own preconceived ideas. By setting ourselves up all throughout the day to for wins and losses, again and again. By holding others accountable to be judged by our standards. By making provision for sin. We do it to ourselves day after day, month after month and year after year. We own it; it belongs to us, and it is so not from God.

The enemy keeps us in a whirlwind of struggle, with our minds engaged in our problems instead of entering in to the peace that passes all understanding. How often do we choose to stay wrapped up in our struggles and playing the same game over and over again instead of making the giant leap of faith which is actually to apply the word of God in our lives? Actually to cast our cares on the God who loves and cares for us, and to ignore the tacks in the path that the enemy constantly throws our way. “Greater is He who is in me than he that is in the world….”

As children of the living God, we are instructed to keep our mind on the higher things (what is good and pure and of good report). Instead of honoring those instructions, we set ourselves up for continual anger throughout the day.

Many of us walk through each day as if it were a contest, or even worse, as if we are walking through a mine field. “I will be angry if I don’t make that traffic light.” “I will be angry if I get one more bill in the mail…if that car pulls in front of me…if I forgot something at the store… if the line at the bank is long…if I forgot my wallet in the car…if, if, if.”

Do we forget that we are created in God’s image and that God has given us instructions on how to walk through the day, really? Do we know who we are in Christ Jesus? Jesus was tested in the wilderness for 40 days, and we cannot go through even one day without complaining about insignificant things that happen in this very day that the Lord has made?

Truly we need to say to ourselves; “This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!” And we need to mean what we say. We need to pray for a passion for God’s heart in us, and the desire to walk in thankfulness for all that Christ has done to give us, His children, good things. For everything good is from God.

Shall I find fault with my brother, talk about my sister, roll my eyes at my husband (just an example), grumble about the bills?

God tells us that when we can be faithful in the small things, He will give us charge over the larger things. Walking through the day being angry at every little thing that does not go our way is ruining the quality of our life. It is dangerous for our health and it is a shallow way for an ambassador for Christ Jesus to live, for it is ruining our ability to shine the light of Christ on others.

How can we shine if we are too busy being ugly? Really!

As Christians we have an enemy that seeks to destroy us. If the enemy cannot destroy us, he will work very hard to destroy our walk with Christ, and to make sure that we do not draw others to Christ by leading us into this life-choice to continually be angry with the little things that go wrong in our daily life. This should not be.

We have the power of the living God inside of us. We have the ability to do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Shall we then begin again…to honor God and walk in this light? Shall we make a choice to walk in God’s ways and in His peace? Or will we choose to continue in our own way?

Life is too short to choose our own way.

I am listening to the words that God has given to my heart, and I am choosing to begin again. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. We can do this.

Let us not make provision for sin.

For more about author see http://lulu.com/product/paperback/its-a-god-thing-my-sheep-will-hear-my-voice-2nd-edition/14456456