Recurring Themes ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recurring Themes ??

Post by mascara on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:58 am

I'm sure we've all had recurring themes in our dreams. Lately I have been dreaming of my primary school. When I think primary school, firstly it's childhood and given that primary school was largely a pleasant experience for me outside of a dysfunctional family, I can always look back at school with fond memories. By the way, I believe primary school is the same is elementary school.

So what do you keep dreaming of -- and why do you believe you have these recurring themes?

(I've posted 5 dreams in the INTERPRETATION forum that have recurring themes, I believe linking them together)

:)

mascara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recurring Themes ??

Post by kellsy2004 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:12 am

Hi Mascara,I have similar experience of having recurring dreams about my high school,and the dreams always come true,and every time I have any ''high school'' dreams,I pay close attention to it and pray about it.I have always wondered why I have recurring dreams in my Old high school,and the events take place in different classes and locations in my High school buildings which are also symbolic.The higher the grade of the class the dream occurs,the Higher the spiritual implications for me....I am still learning more about this,and its very intriguing... thumbs And sometimes I wonder,WHEN AM I GOING TO GRADUATE?! laugh Maybe God is saying we are actually learning,hence the School symbolism..and the name of my High school is GRAY'S,maybe its a spin-off on the word GRACE... scratching chin

kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:49 am

yes, school settings often represent a period of training/learning/testing/etc. in a dream. It can also be a time marker. all depends on the dream itself.

kellsy2004, I have the same experience with my dreams - the higher the grade, the deeper the spiritual issues.... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kellsy2004 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:01 am

God is awesome,speaking with us,His children!! flower

kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mascara on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Very interesting stuff! And especially with the grading corresponding with your spiritual lives. I've never thought of it in that context. I tend to dream more outside the classrooms, but at specific areas i.e. the play field, the library, the church, the pavillion.

lola21st - when you say 'time marker' what do you mean? Does this relate to grades and the times at which they denote in our lives?

mascara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kellsy2004 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi mascara,I do see myself also on the football fields,the school fountain,different classrooms denoting depth of spirituality....and I realize that this is the phase I am in,with my walk with God.God is teaching me and testing me,and generally it implies this is where my life or spiritual life is right now,a certain period in which God is taking me through.

For example,I had a dream about being in the 7th grade and everyone had to take a test and I didn't have,I was told I don't have to take the test and I was so happy,and the next week,I had a dream I was in 11th grade praying and having a very hard time accomplishing something-few days later,I did do some serious praying about some issues in my life,it was serious spiritual warfare-This explains the depth of spiritual issue.

Each event that takes place in different parts of school's building are just symbols,but the big picture implies that,this phase of my life is the ''high school'' phase and God is teaching and testing me and someday,I will graduate or I'll just have to see how it unfolds.......Life is a journey with God and every step of the way-even though we don't know where it may lead-we have the assurance of God being in control. thumbs

Last edited by kellsy2004 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 pm

By time marker, I mean that the level of schooling may reflect the time in your life that the dream is addressing. So to dream of being in elementary school might be that the dream's message may be linked to an issue from that time period in one's life....again, that isn't always the case, just sometimes, depends on the dream...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:26 pm

may reflect the time in your life that the dream is addressing. So to dream of being in elementary school might be that the dream's message may be linked to an issue from that time period in one's life....again, that isn't always the case, just sometimes, depends on the dream...
I agree with that, it actually happened to me last night.. I've been doing some serious God-and-soul-searching about an issue in my life for God to please show me where it came from. Well, i had a dream last night of a specific event (that i wouldn't have remembered consciously) in my primary school time that must have been an open door for the enemy(but i didn't know as i wasnt saved then). Then the second part of the dream I was in my current home when some people entered my home, I didn't want to let them in, but they turned out to have a key.. God showed me the connection between that event from my primary school time and that influence that's been working in my life now.. Praise God for His revelation.. I've got some prayer work to do.
Felt I had to share this.
God bless you all.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top