common dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

common dreams

Post by sonoftheKing on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:18 pm

OK I know that God gives us dreams to get our attention and warn us. I also know that we dreams simple dreams based on things that have happened to us that day or recently. My question is where do parallel dreams come from like screaming when the bad man is after you but nothing is coming out of your mouth. I remember alot of those and everyone usually has had similar dreams like that. Another one would be finding yourself naked in the hallway of you highschool with no way to get out. crying Another one would be drowning, etc. Its easy to disregard a basic dream composed of material that you just saw the day before. That makes sense to me and its even easy for me to get prophetic dreams because thru prayer God reveals the answer to me and its always dead on. But why do people have similar dreams throughout their lives dreams that are patterned the same way and come out of nowhere. My thoughts are is that there is symbolism and definite order to dreaming. I am new to this group and have been worked on for three years by my amazing wife daph and have decided to commit to recording my dreams. I would appreciate any feedback on similar dreams that everyone has and whether they are meaningless or not.

sonoftheKing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: common dreams

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:45 pm

I am new to this group and have been worked on for three years by my amazing wife daph and have decided to commit to recording my dreams

It's funny that you bring up being naked because I just recently had a dream that in a cafeteria and was horribly embarassed.

I'm not usually naked in my dreams, it's only been partially and just a couple of times but it usually has been symbolic for a real event where I lost a button or something OR it's been that I've been embarassed in front of someone.

Running from a bad man that I can't really see has always been fear for my health because of some perceived illness or something.

Another one that seems like a pattern in my life is tornadoes. Whenever I see one of those in my dreams they usually precede a serious emotional upheaval.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kellsy2004 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:09 am

Hi SonoftheKing,I understand what you mean by patterns and recurring themes in dreams.I recently realize that the recurring theme of packing my stuff in my dream is symbolic of oncoming changes in my life, like God is saying,get ready for change. thumbs

kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:34 am

i heard a lot of drms as such.. i never had them, but i know of people that did...they are common drm themes..

being naked: to me it's about being exposed and vulnerable... like transparent.. just a thought i wanted to share. duh Scratch Chin

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonoftheKing on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:51 pm

thanks for the input that helps its funny because God has given me reoccuring dreams like i am driving the wrong way down a highway or i am driving a car from a remote in my hand while im driving another car down the highway thats a crazy one have had that alot. I get these one that im heading down the wrong path and I need to turn around mmm God is so good I love that one and the other one that im trying to control too much and need to let go of the situation. these and many others are personal reoccuring dreams that God gives me in details that make up my life. I guess im just wondering if these so called broad spectrum dreams like nakedness, tornadoes, bad men chasing and cant speak, and many others are symbols placed there by God or are they placed there by our own subconscience dont get me wrong I am well aware of God's place and working in dreams its just its hard for me to define the gray areas sometimes then again maybe i overanaylize things i rambling now ill stop lol thanks for the feedback though im leaning towards they are placed their by God

sonoftheKing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:52 pm

The dreams that precede a situation are definitely from God because the bible says that only God can tell the future before it happens.

[I am] God, and there is no one like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things which have not been done (Precept Ministries International).

Hypothetically: Let's say that your dream about being controlling is something is currently going on in your life, and then you dream about it, and you wonder if it's your own heart talking to you; the following scripture says to me that our conscience is intertwined with the Holy Spirit and is one with God so therefore the recurring dreams that you have - which may deal with recurring issues - are coming from within your spirit to remind you to deal with the issues that are present.

Our Spirits are One with Him

I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost............

22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

It's like a mom reminding her son not to wear his shoes in the house. She keeps saying it because he keeps doing it.

Anything good within us, like our hearts telling us that we need to work on these things or trying to help us heal of things, is coming straight from God. It's because He is in us that any good is within us. So anything good that our heart is trying to tell us came first from Him.

I hope I didn't confuse what I was trying to say.

I know what I mean!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top