ESTRANGED BROTHER FINDING OUT WHERE I LIVE!!!! Looking for confirmation please...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ESTRANGED BROTHER FINDING OUT WHERE I LIVE!!!! Looking for confirmation please...

Post by Daisy on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 am

I had a dream that my brother (estranged) was coming to our house. Our house was part restaurant, part house. It was really weird. He was coming to the restaurant part of our house for some reason, he HAD to...I cant remember the reason though. Colors were dark brown woodwork everywhere, like would be in a restaurant in the evening. I do not remember interacting with him at all. I remember thinking "o he would never even know that this was our house, he will just think its a restaurant." Then I realized on the outskirt of the restaurant part of our house on the lower level was our living room (was not dark brown in this part of the house, it was lighter colored, brighter). Then I was thinking "Crap, it's obvious that this is our living room, he will figure it out ater all!" The rest of our house (bedrooms and stuff) was upstairs of the restaurant, out of sight-if it wasnt for the living room downstairs he would have never known. I didn't want him to know where my house was at all!

***Think I have an idea of what this could mean...but I am looking for a strong confirmation on this dream as well...thanks! =)

Last edited by Alexis25 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESTRANGED BROTHER FINDING OUT WHERE I LIVE!!!! Looking for confirmation please...

Post by owen on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 pm

QUestion,

Is your brother a Christian?

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESTRANGED BROTHER FINDING OUT WHERE I LIVE!!!! Looking for confirmation please...

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:09 pm

do you feel obligated to help him out in some way, perhaps with groceries or something, but you dont want him taking advantage of you after that? Its easier to help some people from a distance because they can be a bit too familiar. There is a verse in the bible about not going to your neighbors house too much...Hang on let me look it up....

Proverbs 25:17 (New International Version, ©2010)

17 Seldom set foot in your neighbor’s house—
too much of you, and they will hate you.

This verse helped me out because I had some issues with our neighbor being too close for comfort by coming over all the time unannounced almost every day. I knew as Christians we are supposed to give more than we are asked of, but when its your home.... duh

just some thoughts, God bless you!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:35 am

Owen, My brother sort of is a christian. He believes but really hasn't been living it~he has a lot of problems. In the past, he has used the idea of church and God as a sort of manipulation. My mom wants him to live his life for God so bad that will believe him that he is on his 'God' kick and then will help him. He has used it to get help from her and she has a habit of enabling him...so its hard to know if he is for real or not. I do think he believes in his heart, it just hasn't shown much fruit in his life and actions yet.

Daph, no Im not really afraid of him taking advantage of me. I really feel not one ounce of obligation to help him at all. We do not talk at all as of right now. There are some really complicated family matters that are keeping things this way right now and probably will keep things like this most likely forever. I am not open to even having a relationship with him right now.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 am

Reading about your brother and your relationship with him made me very sad. crying
I love Psalm 68:6 "God sets the solitary in families"
When I was first saved years ago, I was thinking about my Christian family--those in my church, in my Bible study, etc. and I realized I had brothers and sisters in Christ with the same names as my own estranged family members! I had been feeling all alone (solitary) and then God put me in a great big family (His Church).

Then one day I was in the New Testament and I was reading where Jesus' mother and brothers were standing outside but Jesus said (Matthew 12:49, pointing to his disciples) "Here are My mother and My brothers!"

So don't feel like you're alone, Alexius! I hope your relationship with your brother gets healed, but in the meantime, God has placed you in a great big eternal family!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Another thing I wanted to add was to the way the restaurant looked. It was dark brown woodwork, but very rich looking...like a fine dining restaurant!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 pm

If you know the whole story it really isn't sad that Im estranged from my brother. Deborah, I sent you a PM with a little more detail of the situation.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 am

I am so very thankful for my church family though~in many ways it has been closer to me than my own family at times! Flower Power

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 pm

You know daph~I reread your post...and even though I don't feel any obligation to help my brother, there is a family member that was pressuring me a few weeks ago to help him out and let him back into my life. I know it may sound like I'm a horrible christian, but once again...if I could post the whole story on here it would make more sense. Even though I don't feel obligated to help him, someone else has been trying to make me feel obligated.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:09 am

Thanks everyone for you posts! I really appreciate your input! :ilovethissite:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top