What exactly is a vision?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What exactly is a vision?

Post by christi85 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Are you awake and actually conscious while it's happening? Like I read about biblical experiences of visions and they seem very real. I've heard people talk about having visions that they can actually participate in?

:idontgetit:

If you have visions what is that like? How/when does it happen to you?
-please do not respond if you are not absolutely certain that you have visions-

thank you

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What exactly is a vision?

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi christi.. I had open eye vision. ( there r also visions u see in ur minds eyes, some have like moving visions where u see like movement etc..)

I prayed for something for a long time.. like days.. read the word and really seek'd him for it.. then one day I woke up an i opened my eyes and i saw a Vision of what i was seeking..the Lords answer to It. It did come to pass. it was like seeing a picture right infront of me with my eyes open.

Just an example of the vision I saw. I was not seeking a vision. I was just seeking Him for help.

praying oldguy

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:25 am

That is amazing sisterinchrist. Thanks a lot for sharing. Its great God got the message to you in such a profound way.

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:38 am

that's awesome! I'm trying to think of something to relate it to try to understand, this may sound silly, but I will ask anyways... You know when you look at a bright light then look away? You see this shape, like a glowy red/pink blob or a glowy blue blob. Is it like that?

-lol- I don't know?

I think I understand what you mean about in your minds eye. I can be conscious, close my eyes and see pictures in my head. Sometimes about what I'm thinking about. But if I just close my eyes and pay attention I will see things that I don't understand but I usually don't pay much attention to them. Nothing I would count as special though. I am sure if I had a vision I'd know it, like you did sister.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 am

Hey J7! Yes GOd is awesome!! We just have to not put Him in a box and let Him talk to us all the ways He wants.. I just keep reading the word and "expect" to hear from Him in all His ways!! He's is so incredible! thumbs

Christi, God can do stuff in all ways! but yes thats how I saw teh vision an othr visions as well... it had kinda like a glow 2it in the bak..but im sure Lord does things in all Diff ways...Just praise an thank Him for it all happy dance huggins

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:57 am

christi85 wrote:
I think I understand what you mean about in your minds eye. I can be conscious, close my eyes and see pictures in my head. Sometimes about what I'm thinking about. But if I just close my eyes and pay attention I will see things that I don't understand but I usually don't pay much attention to them. Nothing I would count as special though. I am sure if I had a vision I'd know it, like you did sister.
um i thnk u have the gift of pictures Scratch Chin i got a pics at times an i luv it!! it's awesome!! God is so creative! it is exactly how u explained it ( and again, God can do things in all ways so im sure this is not just the only way) but if we continue to seek HIm and ask Him and as long as it goes w/His word, He will bless us w/these gifts to use for His kingdom.. :jesusfish:
i thnk u shud pay attention to them...my frnd has a gfit of pics as well, she wud ask God a ques an He wud give her the ans in pics... :praiseg-d:

As in everything always Pray and ask God for the gifts an also for the interpretations.
The more i read His word the more He blesses me...
HOpe i was able to shed some light for u...
I use to be curious just like u... idea an then i started seeking Him an He started blessing me w/these gifts but it was when He thought i was ready to recieve.. but He always gives to all those that Ask.....

hee hee big hug 2 Cheering

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:03 pm

I don't know how I missed your responses!!

Thanks so much sis! You know what I think my problem is? It's like I've had so many supernatural manifestations of stuff that aren't common in a local setting or at least not openly discussed, but when you hear about believers experiences around the world it's not unusual, that It began to frighten me some. I didn't have anyone to relate them with so I began to shut myself off toward them. I think I need to have confidence in His ability to work through me and not worry about trying to explain the details of how He does it until He gives me revelation on how to share it and with whom.

-lol- It would make sense for the Lord to speak to me in that way because I am a very visual person. I was praying about something once, I can't remember exactly what it was. I think it had something to do with Lord, how can I stay focused on you instead of all this junk going on around me... and this image flashed into my mind of like a sock puppet hand shooting out to the side like a photographer would do to take a picture of a little kid.

I was like Bwahahaha! Your a hoot Lord! It was like He was saying, Look over here at me, at the cross and smile about what I've already done, while I deal with this little snapshot of time in your life.

You are so right about the BOX!!!!! He's dealt with me recently about that and was like you need to get back to what I first taught you, when you let me flow unrestricted and just payed attention watching with awe, "There's a box?" :-)

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 am

Thats awesome an i know what u mean..it's the same thing w/me.. othr than a few ppl, an this site ( which i luv) not many ppl understand or im afraid they might think its " airy fairy" kinda stuff..lol

Best way to know if it's the Lord is to try an align things w/His word and keep praying and asking Him for confirmations... for everything ( thats what i do)

Personally it sounds a lot like the gift which my friend has & it's soooo awesome happy dance :praiseg-d: I too am a visual person and God blesses me w/some incredible experiences, esp when i focus on Him, while worshiping...

I luv this gift of pictures!!! I am seeking Him for it..I love how He answered u!! It actually blessed me b/c I had the same question,,,
type i prayed about it lasts night..to help me focus.

God will also give u the revelation/interpretation for these pics..

Bless You :bible: :goodpost:

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by postmodernseer on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Visions vary it sounds like. I have never heard of the gift of pictures. However, I have seen television snapshots with people or things(book, bat) inside them. I have also seen angels and other demonic forms. Visions can be used to edify you, edify the church or others, or they can be for guidance, protection, direction. I would keep your focus on Christ Jesus and He will give you the answers you seek. I believe this forum is very useful in bringing revelations to the images we see...... www.post-modernseer.blogspot.com God Bless You

postmodernseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by v3ryan on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:03 pm

We were praying over missionaries in church tonight, when I asked God to "open my spiritual eyes". I saw tounges of fire on various members of the congregation in my mind's eye. It was very cool. Some flames were different shapes than others. Like one was tall, but skinny, a few were kind of like what you'd expect to see in drawings. I assume the different shape means the different way The Holy Spirit works through people.

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:27 pm

GOds so awesome!!!! Thats wonderful !! PTL

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:28 pm

When I pray for someone, the best way I can explain my visions christi is I see them in my imagination. MOST of the time I know what it means, and it will assist me in praying a specific way for someone. For instance, I knew of a family member that was in need of prayer, and during prayer, I could see a festering wound, puss and everything...but the thing is that there was a foreign object in there...so in my prayer I knew I was to pray that whatever that foreign object was, that it could be removed so that the wound could actually heal properly! The foreign object ended up being an abusive thing that happened in the past, causing this person shame. Because it wasn't dealt with, it was causing this person to have emotional problems and depression. Once it was dealt with in counseling, the depression did have hold on this person anymore. Does that make sense? Im sure everyone's experience with visions is unique, depending on how God uses individuals with their calling and gifting though. As of lately though, I feel like I have been entering into a new level in this gifting. I have been seeing these pictures right before falling asleep at night, but I am still awake and can remember them in the morning. Mia referred to them as night-visions. I had one the other night about marbles...I seen all these marbles going all around this contraption. The next day in conversation with a friend, she told me she felt like she was 'loosing her mind!!!' I instantly thought of the night vision, and realized I was suppose to be praying I think. I encouraged my friend that NO she was not loosing her mind, but that God has given her a spirit of POWER, LOVE, and a SOUND MIND!!!! This part is new for me...so I am still learning how to handle this gift. Any thoughts or experiences on this appreciated....

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:20 am

SisterinChrist wrote: I was not seeking a vision. I was just seeking Him for help.

I LOVE this truth you wrote here sister! :loveit:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Habakkuk on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Can a vision also be a sudden thought?
It is not as if I was hearing voices, but sometimes there is a sudden thought in my mind that seems to come out of nowhere. Sometimes the wording is so 'not me' that I either have a mind that comes up with wordings that are not typical for me, or there is somebody else at work.

Crazy thing is, sometimes these comments feel bad, sometimes they feel right. It is as if some are coming from an evil source, while others come from a good source so to say.

Habakkuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie444 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:31 am

Habakkuk -

Yes! I have had this happen to me a couple of times.

In one case when I was in college I was praying for a family that my classmate whose name I did not know - it was a big class :-) - had prayed for in class. I was using the words that the girl had said in her prayer, then said, in my prayer, "Just like that girl said, what's her name?" and all of a sudden a name popped into my mind. It didn't sound familiar at all, but there's no reason why it should have since I had never known her name. So I wasn't really expecting that to be her name, but then I found out that it was!

That's definitely my best example, but I've had a couple other times when there has been a thought that just suddenly pops into my mind like that when I'm talking to God. Basically, he answers!

I've had the pictures, too, but mostly God speaks to me through feelings. This gets frustrating because it's not always easy to put feelings you can't express in words into prayers, but I guess it's also possible to just pray "in the spirit" without words. I like praying this way and I think it's an important and valid way to pray, but I also think for me it's important to discipline myself to try to formulate words.

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:10 pm

I have only had a couple of waking visions, where I was aware that I was awake, I could see where I was, but the vision was interposed over (hallelujah, it is still strange, beautiful and frightening a little) my surroundings, and I couldn't snap out of it until the vision was completed.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top