Living as Children of Light

Go down

Living as Children of Light

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:23 pm

We ask that all members in the forum uphold what the Bible teaches about Christian conduct.

Ephesians 4:1 says: "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

If you have a problem with another member, please send a personal message to Mia and the moderators. We will handle the situation with prayer, careful consideration and with forgiveness in our hearts. Remember, we are the body of Christ and should bear the spirit of unity and not division.

"Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need." (Ephesians 4:25)

If you are involved in a discussion that you happen to disagree strongly with, dont allow satan to get a foothold and cause division.There is a way to disagree without being downright rude and ugly. We are here for each other, to build each other up and not tear each other down.

Ephesians 4:29: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

If you feel someone is in the wrong, please state it in such a way that is edifying and not condemning. Hateful talk GRIEVES the Holy Spirit. IF you happen to be offended, we ask that you offer the same forgiveness that Christ shows you. And it never hurts to pray for the person! praying Ask yourself, by correcting this person am I adding any value to the kingdom of God?

When I was little, my grandmother would ask me a question about my attitude and things i would say out of spite: "Is it true, is it kind, is it nessesary?" She was teaching me to watch my words and speak out of love.

Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

We love you all dearly and pray that your membership here is a blessing to your life!

Love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER
daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Living as Children of Light

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Amen. Thank you, Laura.

As we grow we see more and more people join but unfortunately there are many people who wear the label of Christian without wearing the Spirit of Christianity (Godly character). That's like putting makeup on a monkey or lipstick on a pig. It's even uglier than what it was before. So please please please as we go into the world let us please live up to the standards that God has set for us and the standard that the world expects of us. We are always being read by unbelievers who are waiting for a reason to believe us or for a reason to ignore us. Let's please give them a reason to believe us by the lives that we live.

Love,
Mia

Last edited by Mia on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com
Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:39 pm

:yes: amen!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER
daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down