Dream that was FALSE- hurt my faith in dreams...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream that was FALSE- hurt my faith in dreams...

Post by John7 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 am

Had a dream sometime ago about my brother. He said some pretty nasty things about me, it was a short dream and had the flavour of being from God if you know what I mean. After sometime I did see my brother after not seeing him for a while, and he was quiet nice to me, nothing happened that was reflected in the dream. Do you think that dream was from my fears? Or from the devil?

Any comments are appreciated

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream that was FALSE- hurt my faith in dreams...

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:11 pm

I do that too. I believe they are worry dreams because i worry alot and they come out in my dreams and later prove to be false. There is a verse in Ecclesiastes about a dream that comes when there are many cares. Dont let it shake your faith that God speaks through dreams. that used to happen to me as well..i just had to remind myself that God has spoken to me through so many dreams that i couldnt possibly give up on it. Hope this encourages you
God bless!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:26 pm

I agree with Daphanie. It used to happen to me until I began praying over my mind and subconcious mind before going to sleep. I also practice casting all of my care over to the Lord throughout the day...it helps to keep a peaceful heart.

My prayer is that God restore your faith in Him, as it relates to dreams, because TRULY dreaming is an awesome way for Him to communicate with us whenever He needs to.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue101 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:49 pm

I kinda feel that way about a particular dream I had back in Sep titled "He cuts my finger like he was waiting on confirmation. This dream really spoke to me because it was very specific. I basically was invited by my pastor to view this house he was thinking about buying. I walked in and saw some members from the church that had already met us there. They were in the livingroom when I walked in. I explored this large house (which appeared small on outside). He called me forth, for some reason I told him I missed him. He pulled me forward, turned and grabbed a piece of glass off counter and slit my left index finger. He waited for the blood then held my hand and we walked to the front on livingroom.

Now I'm wondering if this dream is of the Lord because it looks like he's interested in someone else... .but im not sure......im just waiting to see if it will be fulfilled cuz that's the only way ill know if its from the Lord....but I can say this, he let me borrow his mac comp recently and I end up running into some photos on his comp of some houses that he was viewing with another minister. They were beautiful houses along with some single story houses as well.....so welll see what happens....

So

Blue101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks for your comments blue. I appreciate your input.

I guess we need to be able to discern whats from God and what is not, and you are right, sometimes it just comes down to what manifests and what does not.

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:39 am

Hi J7, just wantd to add..i write down everything .. i keep a journal..
im so gllad i did b/c there were some drms i had years ago..that i thought were wrong an not from God and thought that they didnt come to pass..however im know getting prophetic words about it... sometimes it might seem literal but it's symbolic.

just something to think about... i luv reading my drms i had couple of yrs ago..b/c thy r now coming to pass.... some were symbolic even tho they felt sooooooo literal... scratching chin :angel:

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:41 am

John7 wrote:Had a dream sometime ago about my brother. He said some pretty nasty things about me, it was a short dream and had the flavour of being from God if you know what I mean. After sometime I did see my brother after not seeing him for a while, and he was quiet nice to me, nothing happened that was reflected in the dream. Do you think that dream was from my fears? Or from the devil?

Any comments are appreciated

hmmm just thinking out loud here.. brother sometimes also is a symbol of body of christ, as in the Church.. as in when they say " brother in Christ or Sister in Christ"

j Scratch Chin nerd cud be a symbolic drm an not literal... Just a thought... wow but it cud be as u said not frm God.. something to pray about

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add sentence)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks for your response sisterinchrist. I will definitely be praying about what you said

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top