I was Helen of Troy feeding shark fins to the poor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I was Helen of Troy feeding shark fins to the poor

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Ok this one is a bit off the wall but i know it has meaning so i'm posting for confirmation...

My dream was set in ancient time and i knew that i was Helen of Troy laugh laugh laugh
There were also two ancient cities located directly beside each other. One city (the one i lived in) was so very rich that they were harvesting black tip sharks from the ocean and feeding the black fins as a soup to their gladiators just so the people could watch them destroy each other for entertainment. The other city was so poor that they were just about to start eating each other because they were so starving! When i saw this, i made a decision that i would confiscate the sharks and bring them to the starving city. I knew it was all the rich city had to spare, but they had it in such abundance that i knew it could feed the starving city.

Next scene: I see my friend, who is also very lovly and of noble blood (the daughter of a king) and she is riding on a donkey. I see her cross a river while riding the donkey and next i see myself (as Helen) walking beside her holding a huge armful of all these black tipped sharks. I knew we would recieve ridicule on the way to the starving city, but we were on a mission and onward we went!!
The next thing i know i'm under the see watching how people harvest sea snails for eating..i knew it was another way they survived off the land.
end of dream

Ok so i know that shark fin soup is SOOOOO ILLEGAL but in the dream, it was in ancient times where they didnt have such laws and i knew the starving people would eat the whole shark and they wouldnt go to waste. I also know that its illegal to own a black tip shark so i think the shark represents something thats borderline illegal...

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was Helen of Troy feeding shark fins to the poor

Post by Deborah on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Helen of Troy was considered the most beautiful woman in the world. One scholar says of her:

Contrary to the popularly held belief that she was a coy and seductive woman, she was quite different from most other women who are described as exceptionally beautiful in literature in that she never "employed her charms in the interests of power of self-aggrandizement."

It seems like this woman in your dreams is very selfless, sort of a Robin Hood character. I'm wondering if the central theme in this dream is a frustration you have for injustice? I think the feeling runs so deep, you'd be willing to do something extreme to eleviate the injustice. Just my thoughts here.....

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

you're right on!!! on target

Thank you that made me feel really good :)

So the dream manifested today. My sister in law was very sick and asked for a basket of goodies. I offered to make her soup and sent some food to her house. My husband is working out (the gladiators) and is on a special diet so i felt kinda like i was sneaking his food into her basket (i never told him about it either) LOL he actually went into town this afternoon to pick up a donkey! LOL we couldnt get him to fit in the back of the truck though but he will be here sunday. Anyway i ended up making my sis in law the soup and was reminded of this dream. I remembered how that one city was so poor so i added extra goodies to her box :) it made me feel good.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 pm

lol! you\\'re welcome! A donkey, huh? Is it true they'll eat thistles?SmileyCentral.com

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top