God's Showing Me Who's Ministry to Follow? Or Who's Ministry to Avoid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

God's Showing Me Who's Ministry to Follow? Or Who's Ministry to Avoid?

Post by v3ryan on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 am

Hello, this is a dream (sort of) which I had this morning. This is my first post.

Now by sort of, I mean that I was dosing off reading the Bible this morning and this image came to my head. Now...I'm not entirely sure how to post this dream without breaking forum rules, since it involves a specific teacher. I'll try to give a vague enough description of this preacher before I continue.

This teacher seems to preach that those who continue living in lives of sin after accepting Christ, aren't really going to Heaven, this I agree with, but he preaches in a manner which makes anyone who has simple struggles feel very condemned. He also has preached some things which seem contradictory, and very condemning, in one case, a woman asked him what she should do to be saved when living in sin, and both times she asked him (on both separate occasions) he told her to go home, and cry out to God, and cry out to Him until He moves in her, and basically gave the impression that she needed to beg God for mercy and to help her to stop sinning in order to be forgiven.

Now, I struggle with who's right and who's wrong. Which is why I want to rely on God to clear up anything any false teachers have taught me, but this dream has both shaken and encouraged me, but I don't know which is true.

The dream:
I dreamed that this teacher was teaching...I don't remember what he was teaching, except that as he was teaching, another teacher of mine who I do trust (He has spiritual gifts, and preaches God's love) was carefully examining this preacher's preaching word by word, and somehow in the dream I understood this to be meaning that this second preacher (God's love preacher) was accepting the teaching of the first teacher. (Repent or be doomed preacher) Then I woke up.

I felt a bit distraught, because my initial understanding of this dream meant that this Repent or be doomed preacher was what God wants me to follow. I have been asking God to reveal and show me the truth, about these things I find confusing, such as these ministries, (I always seem to believe everything anyone tells me about spiritual matters, a struggle of mine), however I also felt that God might have reminded me that dreams should not be interpreted literally. Also, since I dosed off and had this come to my mind as I was reading The Bible, I continued reading, and read this passage:

"And if a prophet is deceived and gives a message anyway, it is because I, the LORD, have deceived that prophet, I will stand against such prophets and cut them off from the community of Israel. 10False prophets and hypocrites----evil people who claim to want my advice----will all be punished for their sins." Ezekiel 14:9-10 NLT. (Wasn't sure if verse 10 struck out at me as I read as well, but I know verse 9 did)

Now this is what I seemed to feel like God was saying (I often doubt what God tells me too, I often can't decide if what I hear is myself or God, or the enemy) that this particular preacher, (Repent or be doomed) was not of His will. Now this preacher is a bit hellfirish, and makes people feel terrible, (see above) and the messages of God's love just doesn't seem to fit in his type of ministry. I'd love for you to pray over this and tell me what you believe God is revealing to you about this. I've told God that if this Repent or be doomed teacher is from Him, and He wants me to accept it, I'm ready to accept it, although I might need help to accept it. Thanks so much, and God Bless.

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: God's Showing Me Who's Ministry to Follow? Or Who's Ministry to Avoid?

Post by Linda Irish on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:29 am

Right before I read this Ryan...I got up to go get a cup of coffee and God was talking to me about grace. Then I came back to the computer and read your piece and I know why God was talking to me about grace. God sees the intent of your heart Ryan.

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. What God was telling me in the kitchen while I was pouring my coffee...(before I read your post) As I was pondering what God put on my mind, I realized God wanted me to think more on His grace. What does that mean, in ancient days in particular, men carried fear ~ much more than today. I was pondering what God was saying, but in the states here where I live, we as children, most of us were in homes where we did not live in constant fear (in general) that we were not beaten criminally, we were not tortured and starved and fearful that the King or some other kingdom would take us over and make us into slaves.
We mostly have warm beds, clean clothes, food on the table and shelter. In addition we had sports, movies, slip and slides and sometimes birthday parties.

Most of us cant begin to know the fear of living in a place where there is not safety and you are continually living under terror. Some places, not all of course but some peoples in the Bible were at the mercy of whoever seemed to be in power.

God was telling me that I need to ponder this grace of God...and what it is all about.

To be offered a life in God, a life lived without fear given to you through the sacrifice of Jesus. Living in the love of Christ for eternity.

When I prayed for you Ryan, for your earnest struggle. I felt God sharing the words PEACE BROTHER. He will keep thee in perfect peace whos mind is stayed on thee. You have been saved by the blood of our Lord and Savior ~ (basically I am hearing: as if, you are to go out in the backyard and play (cast your cares on Him for he careth for you, if you then cast your cares truly on the Lord you are then carefree) , as all is well)

I learned something this week. If you do not have discernment yet...while you are being built up in the ways of Christ look to God and look to His word~ prayerfully~ after repentance and good sharing time, praise and worship and fellowship with God, then turn to the word of God ~ the new testement can be more clear in that it is all about how life is for us now that Jesus has come and delivered us from the enemy. God will make the words come alive for you as you continue to stay in His Holy Spirit.

If you do not have the peace or discernment about listening to certain preachers...Go to God and be built up in the word...stay in His spirit. Stop all other sources. for a time..God is our source. I have been loving Christ for more than half my life and I need need need that alone time and sometimes I must part from all other sources to be rejuvinated. God will build you up. Men can fail us but the word of the Living God, is not able to fail us, it is the word that became flesh and walked among us.

Ryan your spirit man needs to be strong and mature(to have spiritual sensitivity and understanding in spiritual matters) and the only way to do that is to eat the spiritual meat...At the last supper Jesus handed out the bread that He said was His body....what is His body? That bread is the same bread that He was talking about to His disciples (when they were concerned about Jesus not eating.

When Jesus had food that the disciples did not know about, "Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God." That then is our food for our spirit man. Eat that bread every day...but more is to eat the meat.

The word is like the milk, knowing the word of God but the meat for the spirit man is to walk that word....consume the word and walk the word consume the word and walk the word...like breathing.

You can know every step to a really good recipe but if you dont do it it doesnt get done...you never have the meal, the success, the finished product. We need to put Gods words into action...for satisfaction in our spirit. To do the thing that God puts before us.

Peace Ryan...I pray Gods peace on you today and that you will have such a rich source of information from the living God that your joy is more than you have ever known...

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:49 am

I think it means that you are carefully weighing the words of this preacher. It doesnt really seem to carry a clear cut answer. I feel its just a result of the conflict you have right now. My advice to you is to continue what you are doing by taking the things he says that dont feel right in your spirit straight to the Word of God. It is my understanding that God convicts and edifies. David said "Thy rod and thy staff comfort me" when God corrects us, it is not condemning like the devil does to us making us feel like our God is not merciful and that we must beg for grace. Grace is freely given and God is patient with us, that being said, we are bought with a price and since we have been reborn into Christ, we walk as he did out of obedience. But grace is there in case we fall. Jesus cannot deny himself, just as i could never deny my own child...even the one that ocassionally slaps me in the face and smears his doo doo all over the carpet and walls. Luke 12: 47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
This verse reminds me of Jonah. He knew the will of God and was his servant. He chose to NOT do Gods will and was swallowed by a whale. God still gave him another chance. Then AFTER he did Gods will, he got ANGRY with God and God still spoke to him tenderly. Thats the way He is with us. Slow to anger and abounding in love and always ready with that rod of correction to teach us lessons. I've been in that whale a few times and its not fun, but it always teaches me how merciful God really is and that we are his sons and daughters even if we backslide.

Its my understanding that some people who fall back into sin had never been saved to begin with. and others who have been saved, filled with the holy ghost and experienced all the wonders of being born again, then fall away and start bashing God and speaking against the Holy spirit, will never be forgiven and are worse off than they were before being saved. (blasphemy against the Holy spirit) That is NOT the same as backsliding and living in sin after being saved. I went through a period of backsliding when i was a teen and i always felt the Lord calling me back home like the prodical son. Would love to provide scripture if you like....hubby is rushing me off the computer right now.

anyway i didnt mean to write so much, but i hope i've helped some :)

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by v3ryan on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Thank you both so much. It's very helpful. I feel like I am being attacked with all kinds of doubt. From all angles, I believe it's because the devil knows I am a threat to him, which makes me feel better. :)

The interpretation of "weighing" this preachers words seems to make sense, one thing I failed to mention about this dream was this angry gospel preacher standing up, while the God's love preacher was sitting down in a chair. If you were to examine it as a balancing scale, God's love exceeds the God's wrath. Thanks again, and God Bless you.

PS: Since this is a dream forum site, I have a question regarding something which may be off topic. What are your thoughts of deja vu? I'm wondering if it's something God might be trying to tell us as well.

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Absolutely you are a threat to the enemy, praise God and I agree with you Ryan, When you walk in the spirit and follow God with enthusiasm (god in you) you make waves in the darkness...Praise God, that the trouble that the enemy tries to bring on you is a strong confirmation that you are a threat...amen I pray that we all are a threat to the kingdom of darkness....oh yes LET THE LIGHT SHINE!!!!!! YEA JESUS!!!

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:10 pm

V3ryan, I have been going through that SAME thing all this week. It wouldn't be the first time.
It started when I watched this thing on youtube about a preacher and another lady who went to hell... The one pastor preaches that if you don't work on your sanctification (that it's YOUR job to work on it... as if it's not the Holy Spirits job) you go to hell.
Anyway, I'm glad you posted this because I had asked God for an answer.
I don't want to go all into it, but it's been a real struggle keeping condemnation out of my life.

This got me because how do you argue with an experience in hell With Jesus giving the "tour" and others having similar experiences?

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by v3ryan on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:18 pm

To: hind'sfeet: I think I know what you may be talking about. Is it that Korean Church? That got me worried about it too. The Bible makes it clear that those speaking by The Holy Spirit cannot curse Jesus, and likewise nobody can say "Jesus Is Lord!" Except by The Holy Spirit, so what do you do with a prophecy which acknowledges Christ's supremacy, but yet preaches a slightly different gospel?

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Well, I'm not sure which Korean church you are referring to.
There was one woman I saw on youtube that was Korean that had a similar experience as another woman and a pastor.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:55 pm

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t11634-god-speaks-to-us

Here is something that Linda wrote that is helping me right now too.

Thank you Linda and Daph!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:42 am

v3ryan wrote: What are your thoughts of deja vu? I'm wondering if it's something God might be trying to tell us as well.

I'm glad you asked about this becasue i started wondering the same. A while back i asked the Lord the same thing. When i have deja vu, it is a strong feeling that something has happened this same way before...its a deep spiritual feeling and its overwhelming. Once i was watching a kids show called Word World and their were letters falling out of a waterfall. This silly duck was wacking the letters out of the waterfall to the point that the water in the entire land dried up. When i watched it i had a strong feeling of deja vu and I KNEW i had seen this very thing and then i "remembered" my daddy saying "If you had just asked me and not pawned my ring, your water wouldnt be turned off right now" But that had NEVER happened My dad didnt know that I pawned the ring he had given me to pay the water bill. I realized that it was another way the Holy Spirit was telling me that I had messed up by trying to fix things on my own. As a result, i got into a little debt by trying to get my dads ring out of hock and my water ended up getting turned off anyway! I should have ust asked him for the money and not tried to fix things on my own...but it definately makes me pay attention now when i have deja vu feelings. I take everything i can remember of the "memory" or feeling of dejavu and ask the Lord if He is using it to speak to me. Usually the interpretation or message is in the feeling of the dejavu.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by knwank on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Hello Please I need help, here is the dream I had...
can anyone help me interpret?
This is woman is embittered and angry and it was in her house we were eating....honestly i did not see her face.
she stopped and said that to the other lady giving us food which I don't know if she is her sister or not...
she said to her in anger "I think you keep telling people that I stopped in technical college...or second grade..that was the word she used)

Then all of a sudden in the food they gave us I saw a life octopus, and suddenly I saw a slim lizard that stretches it's neck and with wicked teeth wanting to strike anyone that will get close to the bowl where the food is.

it bit my younger sister on her stomach because she laid over it...I was curious about what this is . I asked for Ukpo Ogede (Plantain meal) and Ukpo Ji (Yam meal), but they brought Ukpo Ogede(Plantain meal) alone for me ..and I had it in that bag that has the lizard and the octopus.... I then was trying to bring out the Ukpo Ogede but it could not come out so I asked (my younger sister) to get me kerosine to burn this stuff... the lizard started talking and trying to escape, "you want to burn my name right ,why? " and was more angry and I said yes I want to burn you in Jesus name. and my voice was season in dream and I woke praying and shouting "Burn by fire in Jesus name."..

knwank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top