Bathing in someone elses tub

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bathing in someone elses tub

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:46 am

I had a dream I was bathing in someones elses bathtub. Im not sure who's tub it was, but I remember feeling embarrassed that I left a bunch of soap scum behind... Not only Gross but Weird!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bathing in someone elses tub

Post by christi85 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:32 pm

hmmm. I immediately think of John 13:1-17

6He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

“No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”

Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

“Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!” I love Peter's response here, so cute!

Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.” For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.

My impression of your dream is that there are some things in your life that need to be washed away with the cleansing and refreshing Word of the Lord. Soap scum is a substance left behind when hard water minerals mix with dirt and such and leave behind a film that gets more difficult to clean over time. I get the impression that someone else's tub is like trying to get clean elsewhere but nothing/no one else can cleanse our hearts but Jesus. When we look to things other than Jesus to cleanse us we may feel better temporarily but the gunk is still there.

Know that Jesus has already cleansed you. He has already declared you clean by His precious blood. You are the apple of His eye. You are worth far more to Him than you know. You are blessed. You are favored. You are His beloved child, loved with an everlasting, unconditional love that is beyond human comprehension. Regardless how you may feel or what others may have said or done to you, what God says about you and your life trumps everything else, He is far more real than any of those things. His truth is eternal and unchanging! Cheering All of Heaven is cheering for you Sista.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:22 am

good werds c85,, intarestg drm indeed,, hmm ,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:01 am

Thanks! Those things in your last paragraph God has been really trying to reveal to me. So funny how we try with our behavior to be righteous, but if that was possible we wouldn't have needed a savior right?? lol. I need to focus on the righteousness that HE purchased on the cross for me...then my behavior will line up with the word as I seek HIS righteousness! Thanks so much! =)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:08 am

I guess the part Im still wondering about is how embarrassed or ashamed I was about the filth that was left behind... Any suggestions anyone???

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

hmm i know thers more 2 this drm , ,it may be short but its symbolisim is strong,, i guess watever cleansing process u go thru ther will be evidence of wat has been left behind,, i guess thats a good thing in this case, that its behind u, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top