Met an Occultist/Satanist in my dream.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Met an Occultist/Satanist in my dream.

Post by John7 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi all

Had a intriguing dream recently. I was at a hotel and I left my room and went to the elevator and went down to the ground floor, and I saw a man I know who greeted me as a friend. He was wearing a white T-shirt or shirt, I know of this man, and that he is heavily involved in satanism and the occult.

Because he was wearing a white shirt, I thought maybe that meant he would get saved in the future, and I might be used to bring him to the Lord. Any suggestions, thoughts and encouragement is appreciated.

God bless you all

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Met an Occultist/Satanist in my dream.

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:17 pm

It seems that your dream is head on, just like your previous dream of the Muslim in the wheelchair. I suggest that you pray over this and the man in white t-shirt. Plead the Blood over him. To God be the Glory, Amen.

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks for ur encouragement agape, i'll definitely be praying about the matter

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:14 am

I was at a hotel and I left my room and went to the elevator and went down to the ground floor

Just curious John, what does that part mean to you? I have had dreams in the past with hotels and elevatiors A LOT and wanted to know how you've interpreted them if you don't mind my asking.

I totally agree with you and agape about that. I had this dream last summer with a simlar kind of situation. the white shirt was on a person named Chris and in the dream he had a band tied around his bicep as though he was coming off of drugs. I had ministered to all the people around him & they accepted Christ, but he did not and I asked them why and they said it was because he was "coming down off of electrolytes." There is this movie called idiocy where the people drink and use nothing but this product called "BRAWNDO the thirst mutilator" and have forgotten all about water and experience a drought because of it until someone teaches them about water. ;-) The Lord is clever and funny in my dreams sometimes, I LOVE HIM SO MUCH... so thankful he makes me laugh.

Anyways, a few months later I get this friend request on FB from this guy I went to HS with named Chris. We had the same group of friends when I was a freshman but since then I hadn't really talked to him, seen him or heard from him. Which would be 10 years! I like to keep my FB narrowed to a few people so I usually don't accept friend requests from people. It sat in my inbox for about a week. I felt the Lord convict my Spirit, "You need to accept that request Christi..." and then it kinda clicked. Ooohhh that dream I had a few months ago... thats him isn't it? So I accepted the request and when I did the guy was online at the time and instantly sent me a chat thingy. I was like hey! how you've been etc... and he goes on to tell me that he had just gotten out of prison and was trying to put his life together. He then made a comment "blame it on the opiates" and I went thinking ok that confirms that.

I hadn't seen him in like 10yrs and neither of us have anything in common so I am like, how on earth am I going to minister to him ya know? Me and a girlfriend of mine went to church and then picked him up afterward to go grab some coffee. On the way back to drop him by his house I got on to the subject by turning on "Go-Go-Gadget Gospel" by Gnarls Barkley on... and began to talk about the service that morning and how I thought about inviting him but wasn't sure if he'd want to go or not. He was like "You should have called! I would have loved to go." The Lord convicted me and was like, see I told you you shoulda kidnapped him this morning. -lol- He's been going with me every Wednesday and Sunday for the past 3 months!!! Praise the Lord! It also snowed that day, which I thought was pretty neat, like a sign for him. I gave him a bible and wrote that verse in it.

ANYWAYS... years later... I finish the story and say praiseGod :glory:

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:53 am

God bless you christi, your a real blessing.

Regarding the elevator. Maybe it means coming down from heavenly places and brining Jesus Christ down to somebody? Because the Bible does say we are seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus. So if Im coming down from heavenly places to reach an unsaved person with christ, that means Im coming down to their level to bring them the message from the Kingdom of Heaven??? Thats just a thought...

What are your comments on that christi?

Thanks again for your response christi, you are a real blessing to this forum!

And thanks so much for sharing your dream about seeing that guy chris with the whiteshirt, I guess thats a confirmation for me. I really appreciate it.

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:04 pm

In church today the pastor preached a little on being all things to all people without compromising.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Ahhh that makes good sense. What do you make of the Hotel? Mia has in the symbol dictionary it representing your social life etc.. I find that to be true in my dreams as well. However it has also represented a temporary place/situation.

So maybe in your dream... the place where you will run into this fellow is not at the church you pastor but in your social life, while you are out and about. If this is the case, I would say to pray for the Holy Spirit to bring this dream to your remembrance at the time when you come into contact with this person or are about to enter this place.

I like the interpretation you have of the elevator. I think as Christians we often forget that we aren't of this world, or what it was like before we knew the Lord, ya know? We live here, but we see things from a totally different perspective and some of us can get a bit religious and tend to shut the door to the kingdom in peoples faces because of it. We all ought to be lostologists and never to forget the way in which he brought us, deut8:2. Like how Jesus would speak in parables, "The Kingdom of God is like..." and he would use references that people of His day would understand. Argriculture, masters, servants, etc... He didn't quote a bunch of scripture to them (though He was, it was just He was doing it on the sly and at many different levels, He's so brilliant!) or begin to condemn them. He challenged their brains/'reality', he captivated their hearts and pulled them into the kingdom with his grace, love and truth.

Amen Hind's feet. There's a HUGE difference between meeting people where they are at and compromising the truth because your scared about peoples reaction. I think the reason a lot of people do that is because they don't really understand what they believe and don't know how to share the gospel with people. This has been a challenge of mine, not compromising the truth, but remembering how attractive it is. How glorious and full of the power of the Holy Ghost the uncompromised beauty of the Gospel is. I forget that He is working through me and put to much pressure on myself. I always think about the reactions people have had when I talk with them about the Bible... they are always like "WOW, I never knew that!" or "That's so interesting, I've got to start reading my bible!" I'm like I know! I know, I didn't know either -lol- this book is so good, it's good to the last drop, I gotta obey my thirst ya know? haha Something I've found people really dig is the gospel in Genesis 5. I suppose the reason that intrigues people is because it reveals that the bible truly is the inspired Word of God, not made up by some crazy Hebrews that were bitter about their hardships. Especially when you explain to them that Pentateuch is the same as the Jewish Torah and was written way before the prophets ever came along prophesying of a coming messiah, let alone Jesus and the NT.

I heard someone say the other day take the com out of the promise! Word!

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 am

Thanks so much for your reply Cristi. Once again, you have been a tremendous blessing and have been used by God to show me some extra things about the dream.

Regarding the hotel being my social life, I think that does make sense, because I don't think this person would voluntarily come to church. The hotel may very well represent my social life, or it may also represent a temporary place, but for me the concept of the hotel representing social life rings a good bell in my ear.

I must add aswell, I've been in the most intense spiritual warfare of my life the last few months, I'm not going to describe how bad its been because I dont like talking about the devil too much, but it has been full on, beyond anything I've ever heard of or experienced. I'm starting to realize why this has been happening now, because if this person does get saved, its going to have an international effect, I guess the devil knows whats coming and is trying to stop it. "But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." (Acts 5:39)

This online community is great, it has been such a blessing to be apart of this fellowship. I appreciate the encouragement from all of you. God bless!

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

keep'n peace - keep'n it real, simple.

Post by christi85 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:24 am

John, I came across your post in the other topic a few moments ago. I would reply but it would take too long -lol- and things I'd rather not type out.

Me too! You know you've been through some stuff when the bible has become so real to you that you feel you know the characters so well that it's like your family photo album. "So children gather 'round... In the beginning... Ooohh this is the day we got our staircase, here's the day our brother sold your brother Joe into slavery... Oh and here's the day we finally got everything going, but we turned on Dad AGAIN as though maybe this time it will somehow be different then the other gagillion times...Oooh this is a good one, the time Dad spared a whole city because it had many innocent woman and children, "Let alone cattle"

John, I got overwhelmed a lot with the idea of 'why am I so threatening to the enemy?' and so worried about covering all the bases and trying to figure out exactly what God wanted me to do and how he wanted me to do it and when that I forgot "peace be still and know that I am God." Its tough, amidst all the turmoil, I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what to do or where to go, I just keep seeking God and am trying to remember how to flow in the unforced rhythms of grace.

I'm over satan. Just over him. He's a liar in every respect. I know my rights. I know who I am. I know where I am going. I just don't know how to get there, but praise God, he'll take me there. I don't care if I sound stupid or it doesn't make sense to me. I really don't. This year.. Keep It Simple Stupid is the route I'm going. My pastor told a story the other day about his daughter praying he said she said, "Lord I thank you for my family. I Love my family. Now God, Save the whole world!!" He then went on to talk about how she doesn't understand yet the complicated things etc... you know what... I'm good with that... God... save the whole world. Amen little lady. We serve a big God. I then came across this video while surfing the web later that day and thought yes!!!

Out of the mouth of babes!!!

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:01 am

Amen christie. I agree we just need to keep it simple and let God worry about the big things. If God brings someone accross our path, we just need to invite them to church or give them a testimony and let God do the rest. We may only be required to sow a small seed and God may use someone else to water it etc.

I remember when I got saved, God really used a variety of different people to sow seeds into my life. I guess we just need to do our bit and God does the rest.

Great to hear from you again Christie :)

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 am

Amen Christi!! Yeah, I agree with everything you said

That is an awesome prayer from a little girl!!!

I'm still finding out Who I am in Yeshua. I have a lot of junk that He is working on me to get rid of.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top