God Speaks To Us

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: God Speaks To Us

Post by traveller on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Wow, Cholette, thanks for sharing that. I needed to hear that..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Chollette, I love this scripture, where can I find it? , "our gifts will make room for us and bring us before great men." I love it.

I too went through very similar experiences in a church that I attended for a dozen yours or so. When I left and could see in retrospect...There was abuse in power going on and slowly crippling the moving of the spirit for quite some time.

Having a group of Christians in your life that do not all attend your fellowship is a good thing. A few trusted mature friends can really be a blessing in times like that.

God Bless.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Owen...yes all those questions were the same questions that I once had in my situation as well. It was a real struggle wanting to do what God wanted and wanting to have confirmation to know absolutely.

In my case, after months of wondering and praying... I left for six weeks to have a baby and when I went back half the church was gone as a split had taken place.

My situation was a lot like Chollette in that some abuse was going on...like abuse in power and lack of God's divine order....
human jealousy getting in the way of God's gifts free flowing to bless the body.....

It is all a growing and learning experience like every trial that we go through. It is painful while we are in it.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Linda

Proverbs 18:16

Cholette, well stated.. because alot of people have left churches lying on God saying he told them to leave while the leaders knew full and well they didnt hear that from God, but they leave anway. Very well said

I also believe a true leader that has the spirit of God will recognized the gifts in you and allow God to function because it helps the church praise God!

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 am

Ah my statement in retrospect isnt clear. I have been stopped from speaking a prophetic word from God, (by the authority in the church) before. It is a humbling experience every time but I know God uses these experiences for His Glory in the long run.
When I say "who can stop me?
What I am meaning is, if a man stops me from sharing a word from God...who is he? When God is telling me

"GO" and God is telling me "Speak Now" and the words are practiacally spilling out.....still I have been taught that order is honoring God. I dont want to trip up a brother or sister in the Lord and I dont want to be out of order. I am at peace now but I went through this training for quite some time until God led me to a place that practiced the sharing of gifts in the fellowship....with a sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit. The whole time I was being tested and changed not to have any aught against my brother and to stay in Christ, not be judgmentan and critical of others. Sometimes it is a fine line to know when to stay and when to move.

There is not condemnation in CHrist Jesus.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherOnia on Wed May 18, 2011 10:04 am

Thank you Linda and others for the edification!

HeatherOnia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 am

Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers, will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:20
Another way God talks to us is through difficulties....it is not a cliche' it is the truth. :)

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top