A dream about a key

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A dream about a key

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi Mia and everyone,

I have only been recording my dreams with any thought of diligently listening since October 2010. (I still have the scary dream that I don't know the meaning for... but I'm seeking God on that one as you suggest).

This one however was one I thought to be irrelevant... I almost didn't bother recording it. Now, however, I believe I know the meaning of it, and I wonder if anyone would be able to confirm the meaning... I'll tell you the dream:

I am on the surface of the water... I might be swimming or snorkeling I think. I am scanning the bottom, looking for something (treasure I think) I see a key. It is a registered key... (In our area, a key can be registered so no-one can get copies cut without authorisation... they are all shaped the same and are numbered). The key is not coated or rusted, it is in perfect condition and has writing on it... Two words with the length and sound of "Absolute Locksmith" although, I'm not sure these were the words. (My husband used to have a key like this as the treasurer for our local church, and Absolute Locksmith were the ones who cut it) Anyway, I pick the key up with an extension type implement (the water is too deep for me to dive down to the bottom I think) I read the words on the key and think that whomever lost it will have had it replaced by now, it is worthless and I drop it and continue on. dream ends.

I have since noted that the icon for our excel spreadsheet where we record our accounts and spending (personal/household) in has a symbol of a key and that the file is called "Registers" I believe that the Holy Spirit confirmed that in me when I noticed it.

Also, a book I am reading speaks about the water that flows from the Temple - at ankle deep (I have recently had a dream about ankle deep water) and then knee deep etc until it is too deep to cross without swimming... it struck me that this water might symbolise me swimming in the Holy Spirit... the water was not significant in this dream, I was just in it... it was clear and about 10 feet deep to a sandy bottom littered with small branches and sticks.

The fact I pick the key up and then drop it as worthless makes me think that God's spiritual blessings as I get closer and closer to him will make the whole "wealth" of our household... all that we have saved and worked for seem worthless.

I would appreciate some advice from you guys who have been doing this for so much longer... I am okay with being told I am wrong... I need to learn, cos' God is speaking to me this way and I really want to hear and understand and be of use to him.

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A dream about a key

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:46 pm

I agree with what you say about your dream.

Also, our stuff does become more worthless.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:08 am

You're welcome

hind'sfeet