A Handprint on the Altar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Handprint on the Altar

Post by afterhisheart on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Any ideas on this one?

I was on the stage at our church and the Pastor and another congregant were at the front of the stage faced towards me. They had me lay down on a table (like a coffee table…low to the ground). The Pastor had a cylinder glass vase with water on it on a taller table next to the wall. I saw him swirl his hand around in it, like he was washing his hands from the last person and the water turned a little murky. The Pastor stood and watched while the other man placed a circular plaster cast (the plaster was firm, almost set-up, but still impressionable) on my belly and took his hand and pushed it into the plaster to form a handprint in the plaster (similar to how kids make those plaster keepsakes for parents). I got up and had the impression that it wasn’t complete yet…and I said I needed to go downstairs to get something first. I went to the basement of the church and it was a dark wide open room like a warehouse. There were groups of two or three people here and there talking quietly…dressed in dark clothes…but not scary. I walked to the middle and closer to the other side and there were several tables slid up to each other to form something like a bed. There was a man on the end with a fuzzy black blanket (like I own in real life). I think the man was my husband…but I honestly can’t remember. I went to him and had sex….just like this is my duty and I’m okay with it. No one else in the room noticed at all. Then I got up from under the blanket and started to walk to the end to get to the staircase to go back upstairs.

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Handprint on the Altar

Post by pwilso512 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:08 pm

I'm not a dream interpreter, so this is just a few words to get you thinking. Hope it helps. From your dream, it seems like God is in the process of cleansing you of sin. And you are unaware that this particular sin (behavior, negative thoughts, a way of life you were taught when you were young) is really a sin and not acceptable in God's sight. You going into a dark basement with people dressed in black (black sometimes symbolizes sin) and they do not notice you having sex shows me that this particular sin is acceptable to many people. But it is not acceptable in God's eyes. That's why I think you had the impression that what happened upstairs on the alter wasn't complete. God is not finished with you yet. I'm not sure what the importance of the handprint in the plaster was. But the pastor washing his hand in the water and it turning murky makes me think that God is cleansing you of something.

pwilso512

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afterhisheart on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 am

Thank you. I will pray on this. The thing I initially thought about that I was taught while I was young that I am really dealing with right now (the Pastor is my Dad) is that of traditionalism in the church. I see God trying to break down structure and institutions so He can move in a new way...not different from Who He is...because He never changes. But, I fall back under the traditional thinking of my parents and want to hold onto structure even though I see what it is doing to hurt people. I've been struggling with thinking I'm acting out of a spirit of rebellion, but God has told me, "No...there's just a different way for you to approach things."

Just some thoughts.

Also, the man that left the handprint.....we have been suspecting that in real life he is a wolf in sheep's clothing and deals with a deep sexual sin of some kind.

I didn't want to say that up front...because I didn't want to sway the possible meaning....but maybe that is important.

SO...if anyone else reads the dream before this response....please consider your first thoughts as well as your thoughts after reading this.

Thank you.

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:23 am

Just thinking... thinking

Could this mean God is not finished with cleansing you and wants to but do you subconsciously or conscious you have something that you may be attached to that is not allowing him to finish what he has started? Maybe something you think is apart of you and you have to do but it’s not necessarily pleasing to Him?

His hand is definitely on your life…

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by afterhisheart on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:42 am

Thank you to both of you. God is starting to reveal more about this to me. I think I represent "the church" first of all and he has told me some things that I will share later today when I have more time to sit down and type it out. I'm still asking God some questions. So if anyone else has some interpretation, please let me know as I'm sure it will confirm some things. THank you.

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top