Potential Manifestation: Downsizing to unkempt house

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potential Manifestation: Downsizing to unkempt house

Post by Paul RT on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 am

My wife and I had downsized and purchased a house previously owned by another church family (Steve & Andrea M) from real life.
The house was run down and tired, with concrete and brick construction with dirty floors, and a small garage that included a rusty white station wagon. I tried to reverse out of the garage, but the entrance was narrow and the driveway was uneven, making it very difficult to do without having an accident.
Two of our daughters visited, and we were very embarrassed about the unkempt state of the house.
I felt depressed and frustrated with the situation.

Last edited by Paul RT on Sat May 14, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : possible manifestation)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential Manifestation: Downsizing to unkempt house

Post by Godchick on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Paul!

I'm struggling to seperate real life and your dream... is it all a dream, or does your first line indicate that you have literally downsized?

blessings,

Godchick

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi Godchick

No, we haven't downsized, and it was all in a dream. The only connection to real life was the identity of the people in the dream.

Regards

Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godchick on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:34 am

Thanks Paul for the clarification :)

These are just my thoughts..

I am wondering whether your dream is like a revelation of what is going on in your life under the surface. Are you feeling tired, run down, and like life has 'downsized' in some way? Obviously these are penetrating questions, but I don't think it's necessarily 'bad', but possibly a dream to indicate the need to SLOW DOWN... and take the time to REST, REJUVENATE, and RESTORE your life. Do you feel spiritually like you need to 'stetch out' and create more space for God? Do you feel like your life has, instead of expanded, it has downsized? Do you feel forgotten by God?

I could be completely off track, and if I am I am sorry... nerd

But if what I have said, has spoken to you, I would add that God has NOT forgotten you. You are written on the palm of His hand, and though life may feel small, at the moment, sometimes going through the hard stuff is necessarily for God t take you to the 'promises' in life. Like Joseph in prison, if not now, perhaps a season is ahead in which life may not look like what you expected, yet, it's what is needed in order for your dreams to actually come true.

I hope this helps!!

much love,

GC
huggins

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Possible manifestation:downsizing to unkempt house

Post by Paul RT on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 am

Thanks GC
Things have been stressful at my paid job over the past few months, and I have been frustrated in my church ministry, as I feel called to eldership, but I've been waiting for over a year for confirmation about if/when this will happen. I've also been out of a church leadership for over 2 years, which is very unusual for me.
What you say about the dream makes a lot of sense.
The quotation about Joseph is a good one and very encouraging
Thankyou for your interest and input.
I will try to wait on the Lord - something I haven't been very good at so far!
thumbs

Last edited by Paul RT on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : possible manifestation)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:27 am

I now believe that this dream reflects some incidents at my workplace - see my other recent post about a house needing "repairs".
As a result of raising concerns about faulty air-conditioning and workplace safety issues I may need to find another job.
I have also recently applied for an employment consultancy position which would involve assessing workplace risk and rehabilitation of former employees who have experienced serious health issues, managing their return to work safely.
God seems to have been giving me lots of experience in preparation for this work if it's to come to pass

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat May 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Possible manifestation:
For the past two months I have been working for an agency that assists injured workers to find another career. This has much less responsibility that my previous job, and it does appear that God is giving me some time out from a pressured paid job and from leadership responsibilities in my church.
It's interesting that my daily Bible study notes are speaking about the "desert experience" where God takes us to a place of solitude to get our attention

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun May 15, 2011 11:44 am

~Paul RT,

I agree with the dream meaning thus far and want to add this:

We go through phases with God. Meaning that God will bring us into the valley for rest and peace, he will take us to the mountain where we feel close to him and in his presence and then he will take us to the wilderness....where we sometimes have to struggle to hear him....this is done to increase our reliance on him. To hold fast to his promises....I call it going through the potters wheel and the fire. We must be molded and shaped to be refined for his use in a greater way. I say this to encourage you to go through this time. Stay in His word, be prayerful and stand on every promise he has given you. Also if you keep a journal read it often....it renews your hope in the promise. I pray this has been of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

More Potential Manifestations of Unkempt Housing Dream

Post by Paul RT on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:26 am

More possible manifestations:
I have recently taken up a new paid job, working with homeless men and putting them into public housing tenancies.
In every case IRL where I have called in on clients, their places are unkempt and they have poor housekeeping skills.
The other aspect that came through with my dreams in late 2010 about potential eldership is that this role IRL involves a form of "pastoral oversight" of the clients - looking after their health and well-being and encouraging them to develop life skills and emotional resilience

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top