Accepting Truth from God

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accepting Truth from God

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:23 am

We've all heard that Gods Word is truth and that the truth shall set you free...But what i've found myself doing at times when God speaks His truth to me in a dream, is argue with Him. :uhoh:

There was a time in my life when God gave me a warning dream about a poor decision i was going to make in my future. I had all these dreams where i was compromising in some way that resulted in sin. It made absolutely no sense at all because at that point, i had been seeking God with all my heart and I was closer to Him than I had ever been before. I was hopelessly devoted to my beloved Jesus, Why on earth would I betray Him? It just made no sense at all! Yet He continued sending me dreams that had absolutely NOTHING to do with what was going on in my life at the time. I had so many of these "compromising my belief" dreams, that I finally got a hint. I said, "Lord, surely you arent showing me things that I will do to hurt you because I would NEVER do that! I love you too much!" I really was in denial. I never once said in my heart "Wow God there must be something coming up where I will be in danger of compromising my beliefs that will lead to sin. Thank you for the warning and please give me strength not to fall." You see, i was trusting myself to not disapoint God instead of admitting I was flesh and that I needed the Lord's help to overcome it.

Do you remember Simon Peter and what the Lord warned him about his future? Matthew 26:31 Then Jesus told them, "This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: " 'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee." Peter replied, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will." "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the other disciples said the same.

Just like Peter I was in denial and fell into sin, but in the midst of it all a rooster crowed reminding me of all the dreams the Lord had given me as a warning. I have learned that when God speaks to me regarding the future, and it doesnt apply to my life AT ALL, to still pray about it. It may seem way out of line, but God sees everything.

I ended up repenting, of course, and had a dream I fell into a lake of fire and was resurected by God as dry bones. I was given a sword to fight the enemy as well! I had to depend on Gods strength alone instead of my own. I was humbled in my dream because I knew I couldnt win against the enemy by my own strength (skeletons have no muscles), but God's power alone would see me through! GLORY TO GOD!!!

Truth thats not easy to accept doesnt have to be a warning about future sin. About 2 years ago I had a dream i was living in a town that I thought I'd never go back to and i was very happy. I woke up telling the Lord, there's no way i'll live there!!! That makes absolutely NO SENSE! Guess what He said, as clear as day? "God doesnt always make sense!" Today I live in the town that was in my dream!

In Judges, the Lord told Gideon he was going to deliver Isreal from the Midians. Gideon replied, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." Basicly he was saying he was nothing but weak dry bones compared to his enemy who was feirce and great in number.

The Lord told him He would be with him and that they would strike down the Mideanites together. God is our strength when we are weak.

He then told Gideon something that would seem a bit foolish and made absolutely no sense. He told Gideon he had too many men for God to deliver the enemy into their hands. So Gideon followed the Lords instructions and led 300 men with trumpets and jars with torches inside into battle, and the Midianites were defeated!

God's word may seem like it doesnt fit at times and it may be difficult to admit that it could be truth. But admitting to God in your heart, that you are nothing but dry bones without Him, will cause Him to rise up in your defense and give you the SUPERNTURAL strength to conquer whatever battle may be ahead.

God knows what you need to hear and when you need to hear it. If you have a dream and the interpretation doesnt fit your life right then, dont shrug it off as nothing. Pray about it, meditate on it, and wait. It may be that the dream comes to you later just as the situation is happening in your life and will prompt you into making a wise desision. You will say to yourself "Oh man! i dont want things to go down the way it did in my dream and I already prayed for this and I'm prepared! PRAISE GOD HE WARNED ME AHEAD OF TIME!"

love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Accepting Truth from God

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:06 am

This is so true, Daph. It not only applies to this but it applies to so many dreams where we just don't want to face the truth of the dream! I have meditated on this so many times. I've written some about it but I feel like you can't write enough about how we just refuse to accept what we don't want to hear.

I had it on my heart to write about something very similar to this and I have somewhat but I planned to dedicate more time to it. There are many instances where the Lord has spoken in the bible of a trial coming in the future: Paul's ship was going to sink, Paul would be bound by the authorities, Agabus told of a coming famine in the New Testament and helped the people to be prepared and to help others, etc. The Lord does speak to us about difficulties but He does it for an edifying purpose for our good and not for evil to give us hope in our final outcome!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:36 am

YAY I cant wait to hear what God has been showing you!!!! bouncing I'm so excited!

love

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 am

Honestly, it's just about my own dreams. Oftentimes people (namely me) have a dream about something they perceive as scary. They either a.) deny it, b.) try to symbolize it into something else, or 3.) They focus on the scary part. But the thing often missed sometimes is the part where God is showing us the salvation.

For instance, Jesus did tell Peter that Peter would deny him that night BUT He also told Peter that He was the rock that He would build His church upon. The thing to concentrate on in that situation, to get through the difficulty while in the difficulty, is: Jesus told me I was going to be the rock that He founded His church upon so! I know this isn't where it ends.

Another example is the above, Paul was told about the ship sinking.... most people would focus on that instead of the real reason that the Lord had the angel tell Paul in advance. He told Paul that it was going to sink ahead of time, not to scare him, but to comfort him in the storm. I can imagine him holding onto a plan of wood all night saying, Okay. Don't worry. Angel said the boat was going to sink - check, and then I would survive.

The thing that I have been meditating on is that the Lord does tell us of things ahead of time but in all my dreams they have been to comfort me in the season the dream prophicies and they have never failed to be of comfort.

Last edited by Mia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:45 pm; edited 5 times in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:41 am

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:44 am

Thank YOU for the message (with all glory going to the Giver, of course laugh ).

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:45 am

AMEN AGAIN lol! :clap:

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Well let me through in an Amen! I could not agree more!

Love in Christ,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:45 pm

lol!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:15 pm

lol!

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 pm

lol!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top