Being Dragged off my bed by an unseen force

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Being Dragged off my bed by an unseen force

Post by christi85 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:48 pm

I had a strange dream this morning unlike any of my others...

It was from the perspective of observing myself praying while laying down on my bed. (where I normally pray) It was very realistic. Everything was exactly as is in reality. As I was praying I felt waves of energy flowing through my body more and more intensely. It became so strong that it scared me a bit but I choose to keep going. It got more intense. I thought about stopping but decided to press in. Then it quit feeling like waves of energy and had the sensation of a very intense sunburn. I then saw my feet being lifted upward and slowly beginning to be dragged up and off of my bed by a force I could not see. I thought this is too much for me to handle. Then I immediately woke up.

I don't want to say anything more than that because I'd like to get an unbiased interpretation as you are led. Thanks so much.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Being Dragged off my bed by an unseen force

Post by John7 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi there

These are just my personal thoughts. I think God may be showing you that your prayers are actually moving you into a higher place spiritually. "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16) I think the energy flowing through you indicates the power that your prayers are generating. Maybe God is showing you that you have an intercessors gifting.

Again these are just my thoughts, but it seems like a gift in you is being revealed to you. God doesn't reveal things for nothing, so he's probably revealing this strong gift of prayer and intercession you have for a reason. Maybe in the future, God may call you to be involved in a prayer team at church in ministry, and he's showing you that you have this gifting, so you will be confident that you have the gift and power to fulfil the role. As I stated, these are just my thoughts and observations, please pray about what I said and also take what I said to your Pastor. I must say, I did enjoy reading about your dream, and it seems very postitive and exciting also. I really wish you all the best in whatever God has for you

God bless

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:48 pm

That makes a lot of sense John! I will definitely pray about that and speak to my pastor. I have been wondering lately about what my gifting is because He had shown me a strong prophetic anointing but at the same time I have this intense energy that flows through my body as I pray, that just gets stronger and stronger the more I pray. I don't understand what it is for. I know it's the Holy Spirit... but I just don't know what the purpose for having it is. Last Friday I was praying at the service and I felt that energy more intensely than I ever had before. It was so strong that if I could have seen it visually I would equate it to when you put your hands on of those globes that demonstrates electromagnetic energy and all the lighting bolts attract to your hand... it was like that, except thats what I felt coming from the palms of my hands (or to them?) almost like it would shock someone if I touched them. Last year, during one of my praise times at home, I went into my room turned on the light switch and sparks flew from my finger and blew out two light bulbs. It happened another time after that... I'm hoping it wont happen too often because light bulbs aren't cheap -lol- I can deal with 2x a year tho haha

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 am

wow thats pretty amazing regarding the sparks!

Well if that much power is flowing please feel free to throw a few prayers up for me! Haha, Im sure I'll feel it!

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:29 am

happy dance thanks this ministered to me as well
i had the same exct kind of drm.. kind of like levitating...
and feeling the anointing... wow Amen woohoo

it is amazing... holy moly

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:32 am

christi85 wrote: Last year, during one of my praise times at home, I went into my room turned on the light switch and sparks flew from my finger and blew out two light bulbs. It happened another time after that... I'm hoping it wont happen too often because light bulbs aren't cheap -lol- I can deal with 2x a year tho haha
lol! rofl dude God's got a funny sense of humor lol ROTFL

maybe thats whats been happening to me. Scratch Chin tornado lately evrytime i touch the switchs i feel sparks! nvr happend b4... but it's been going on for a while now.. Scratch Chin idea esp aftr that dream i had that was like urs... :glory:

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:31 pm

He really does!!! It's funny because I had just been singing "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!" woohoo before it happened the 1st time.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:50 pm

rofl ROTFL somtimes i walk into a room an the light starts to flicker...
i thought was the lighting..,but no one cud figure it out! didnt happen to anyone else in my building... an it started aftr my drm also thinking happy dance laugh
i know it's God... :laughing:

:jesuschrist: is tooo funny sometimes.. sometimes it happens to all the rooms of my APT..

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:45 pm

When I read your title, I immediately thought...could this been demonic forces?? Then I read your post and thought "this is crazy demons pulling Christians off their beds" :lordhelpus:

I was so glad to read others responses and this brought me back to reality finally I got it idea

but I had an experience similar to yours, at least the sensation. i was not fully wake and I had this sense of someone standing at the foot of my bed, slowly I felt this sensation travelling along my feet and body...it was so so so strong across my body almost to the point of where I couldn't bare it. It's just like how you described it an intensity, very strong, very powerful, something you can't ignore and can't bare!

a few days later I was in the state of sleep and wake....I felt the same sensation and I was like "oh boy I don't know if I can deal with this again" so in my mind I said "i don't believe you" and almost instantly it went away. a few months later I was kinda disappointed I did that and prayed for forgiveness, I asked God if that was Him if He could come back almost instantly I felt a lighter version and I heard a voice speaking in another language and I started to speak back it was the BEST time ever happy dance :glory:

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loveGOD on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:18 pm

It's funny how someone's dream will bring things back toyour remembrance about three years ago I was sleep but I wasn't dreaming and I felt someone sit on my bed and when I opened my eyes there was no one there, then a short while after that not dreaming just sleeping I felt a smooth hand rub across my face nd again when my eyes opened up I could not see anyone. Recently while I was sleeping I could hear someone in my ear singing a song to me and I tried to tune in to the sound so I could begin singng in my sleep but as I began to fully wake up I couldn't hear it anymore. christi85 I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us it is a blessing and please allow the Holy Spirit to use you. Amen

loveGOD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:41 pm

SisterinChrist wrote: rofl ROTFL somtimes i walk into a room an the light starts to flicker...
i thought was the lighting..,but no one cud figure it out! didnt happen to anyone else in my building... an it started aftr my drm also thinking happy dance laugh
i know it's God... :laughing:

:jesuschrist: is tooo funny sometimes.. sometimes it happens to all the rooms of my APT..

It's interesting that you mention that. A few days before that happened the lights began to flicker. They began flickering after I was led by the Lord to pray some pretty intense spiritual warfare prayers. I wasn't sure about the lights flickering. I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing that they had begun to flicker. Something about it didn't seem right to me. So after they began to flicker I went outside. When i went outside, the porch light began to flicker also... that really creeped me out and left me feeling uneasy. This went on for three days until the day I touched the light switch and blew out those light bulbs. I am still not sure what the flickering of the lights was all about... but my intuition told me it was not a good thing in my case and my blowing out the light bulbs signified the end of that particular spirits presence.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:47 pm

oh wow.. i didnt think of it like that.wow
Maybe I should pray about this.
sometimes when i touch the switch it makes a spark..so strange.. now im confused...
nerd

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Cristi

Your experiences just reminded me of something, and I'd be interested to hear your comments on it.

Around a year and a half ago, I fasted for about 10 days and was praying mainly in the central park of my city in Sydney/Australia. On the last day of my prayers which concluded about about 5am, almost as soon as I finished praying a dust storm took over Sydney. The entire sky lit up blood red, because red dust had filled the sky, it was a phenomenon that the newspapers described as never happening for over 70 years. Photo's in the newspaper the next day showed pictures of Sydney looking blood red, and the newspaper headline was "Armageddon" because it freaked the whole city out.

After reading your testimony, I wonder if my prayers had something to do with it. At the time I thought maybe it was a coincidence, but another part of me thought, maybe my prayers are effecting the atmosphere, so who really knows. Maybe our prayers are more powerful than what we realize.

Here is an article about the blood red sky in the Sydney Newspaper if your interested to see the photos:

http://mosman-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/under-a-blood-red-sky/

Thanks for sharing your dream, because it really opens my mind up to what God can do, and your testimony really helped me to forsake that religious/doubting spirit that chokes our faith and perspective of God. God is a huge God, and when we pray to Him, we should expect the atmosphere to be effected.

Please keep us posted as to how your prayer life evolves, and hopefully you start effecting your neighbours electricity! Haha, that should create an opportunity for you to witness Jesus Christ to them. "Hey what are you doing to my electricity!?" HEY! Its Jesus Christ! Do you know Jesus!? Its my prayers effecting your electricity! I cannot help it if i serve a powerful God!

lol!

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:24 pm

i know what ur talking about John,,,My mom went to India to visit her family.the day she landed the "red cloud/dust" thing moved to India.. was all over the news and no one cud figure it out..but they said it also happend in sydney..

the day my mom landed she inhaled the red dust thing... they said to stay indoors and lock the doors... but my mom got real sick. She had chest problems b/c of it..coughing etc..

but the Lord was good.. At night she felt Angels rub this thing on her neck area, which felt like VICKS...she had tried it all and nothiing was working. no one cud figure it out.. she woke up in the morning and was totally healed. PTL

But yes i know the red phenomenon u r talking about.. no one ever figured it out.. i thnk like in a week or so it was over in India ..

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 pm

I have to be honest with you guys, it's kind of frightening to me at times.

I love the Lord and I have a heart for the lost. For them to know how great Jesus is. What we believe is pretty unreasonable to the outside world when you think about it. My heart is to be able to tell them about Jesus in a way that gives them a hunger and thirst to get to know Him for themselves. Lets be honest, there are enough churchgoers that go because they've had an 'experience' or because it's a cultural thing and not enough people who have a very real, genuine relationship with Jesus Christ. I honestly believe that Jesus is better than sliced bread, He was the original sliced bread! I think it's the greatest thing that He comes to hang out with us when we accept Him into our lives, thats so amazing to me... and He shows us how we were originally created to live. So awesome and then on top of that he gives us these spiritual gifts to aid us in being his hands and feet to a hurting and dying world. So that we can allow Him to continue His ministry of restoration/redemption/reconciliation/renewal through us to them.

Now this is where I get a little confused because people can get a little weird about the spiritual gifts. I have this conviction in my heart that it doesn't have to be weird. I mean demon possession, I don't think that will ever look normal -lol- but as far as the believer operating under the anointing... I just have this conviction in my heart that there should be such a presence of supernatural love, acceptance, grace... wisdom. That with the "power" is also... love and a sound-calm-well balanced mind. When I read my bible that's what I see in Jesus. A man who was so awesome, so fully convinced of His father's will to heal, deliver, redeem all people, truthful(w/ grace) so full of love that doing those kind of things came natural to Him. He didn't have to have a parade of harpists following him around. He didn't have to scream and shout at people. He didn't have to pray lengthy prayers in front of people. He just commanded it and it happened. None the less, I realize it takes a lot to get people's attention these days so maybe that's why the Lord chooses to do it the way that He's been doing it these days. My heart longs for the day to come to pass when it just happens because its normal for it to happen for us.

Like you said, you have heard singing and tried to sing along, -lol- me too :-) but this is weird ya know? Can you imagine telling that to someone without them thinking you are absolutely nuts? or telling them... so uh... I had this dream about you the other day and we were doing exactly what we are doing right now... and uh... it's not dejavu... uhmmm it's Jesus... and he's got your number kid. -lol- The second you say Jesus is alive its a problem. It's all good as long as He was just a man... but the second He is God, alive, well and knows you personally... it suddenly has become a giant pink elephant and your about to get trampled because someone just got convicted of their sin by the Holy Ghost and is not ready to acknowledge that, so you become the scapegoat since they don't understand that the goat left the building 2,000 years ago. :-(
...At least back in the day they said "Oh, I see you are a prophet" -lol-

Anyways I'm just kind of trailing off here so I'll close it out.. haha

but yeah, your right Gissy, about the asking for forgiveness. I've had to do that before and probably need to do it again. I got the impression in church the next morning after I had that dream that it meant I was not fully surrendering to the power of God because I am scared of where it will take me.

John, I have so had the exact same thoughts before. Like for instance I live in the metro Atlanta area... and I really have needed some people that are very important to me to get ahold of the idea that their sins have been washed white as snow... blotted out... Jesus says.... "I don't remember" so they will quit living the way they are living.... So here in GA we've had more snow than ever. It snowed on Christmas (which it has never done before) and we just had a "blizzard" two weeks ago. Everything was covered in a pristine white blanket... it was beautiful.
Last summer the Lord had been showing me a great deal about the Lion of the tribe of Judah, Jesus as the Lion and the church as his Lioness. About Boldness and courage... one evening I was captivated by this beautiful sunset. I was very taken back by just the process of watching it, the Lord was kind of teaching me lessons about my perspective and His work as I watched the sunset unfold. Then I saw a Lion that looked just like the Lion of the tribe of Judah, and across from it a dove. Both were lit up in this beautiful magenta color, but the other clouds had not yet changed color... it was awesome...

... but as far as my prayers changing the atmosphere and causing those things to happen, I don't know. In some cases I think it's my prayers that tune me in and wake me up to what He's already done. Like my prayers position me to follow Him and awaken my eyes to where He's going, whether I am there or not. Other times I've thought maybe they do effect the atmosphere. I mean take a look at Elijah with the rain. Actually, now that I am *really* thinking about it.... I do John... I do... I had a dream last summer where there was an ankle deep flood outside my house. There was a tiny little cloud hovering just over the grass. I had no idea about the verse where it described his servant as seeing a cloud the size of a mans hand until recently... anyways after I had that dream... it rained and rained and rained and rained some more... then there was this intense thunder storm and I had been reading about Satan like a lighting bolt... I was in my garage and this bolt of lighting struck a tree right across the street, that was directly across from where I was standing, I rebuked it -lol- and said I'm not scared of you!
So I really don't know John... that's a great question. If we rephrased it this way, "do you think our prayers have an effect on the atmosphere or that the atmosphere effects our prayers?" I would say, "yes." ;-)

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 am

Hi christi85,

I havent taken the test. Just a couple questions and a thought.

Do you remember what you were praying for/about in the dream?

Do you think The Lord would ever make you feel like you are sunburned, and why?

Even though it was a dream, I do not believe He would do this.

From what I read you Love The Lord and want to do His will.

I have prayed and will continue to pray about this.

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:12 pm

See the sunburn part was unfamiliar to me as well. The other stuff wasn't but the sunburn was definitely not normal. Honestly, No I do not think he would make me feel like I was sunburned. I thought that was strange too. I thought maybe it was an allusion to the "fire of God?" but I'm not sure.

Yes, I was praying about family. I was reflecting about how He understands exactly what I am going through and knows exactly how I feel. That family is incredibly important to Him and how he doesn't want any of his children to be in bondage. That He is bigger than my circumstances. That His love is powerful. That His love always wins.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:08 pm

I believe our prayers can effect the atomsphere...remember when Joshua prayed that the sun would not set so they could finish the battle?? When I heard that my eyes were open and I started to think of all kinds of things I can boldly pray for (according to His Will of course)

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:24 pm

christi85 wrote:See the sunburn part was unfamiliar to me as well. The other stuff wasn't but the sunburn was definitely not normal. Honestly, No I do not think he would make me feel like I was sunburned. I thought that was strange too. I thought maybe it was an allusion to the "fire of God?" but I'm not sure.

Yes, I was praying about family. I was reflecting about how He understands exactly what I am going through and knows exactly how I feel. That family is incredibly important to Him and how he doesn't want any of his children to be in bondage. That He is bigger than my circumstances. That His love is powerful. That His love always wins.

with my experience, I doubted it was God at my second thought because I too have NEVER felt that way. And I felt very uncomfortable, the sensation was so intense. At the same time I felt it was so intimate it was like I felt it in my being, the sensation went deep and it was like I was being rocked or soothed. So I was uncomfortable and comforted at the same time if that makes any sense. But if you questioning if it was God the next step would be to pray and ask Him. Another question did you feel any fear at the time?

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanks christi,

Perhaps God wanted to show you something about prayer, since you were watching yourself pray during the dream.
I am not sure what God wants you to see, but I do believe He will reveal what the dream means as you seek Him.

I prayed for discernment of spirits many years ago.
I am still learning more about this.

Like yourself and Gissy I have experienced intense energy before as well.
This came after someone laid hands on me during a service.
Like Gissy, I didnt want to mess up something that He wanted me to have..but the decision was made in my heart after some time had passed that God loves me enough to know I was not comfortable, and I asked Him to deliver me from any spirit that had manifested around me that was not of Him.
The energy and power surges did cease.
The light peceful calm that I know of The Holy Spirit remains.
My spiritual gifts still developed further, so for me, the choice was a good one.

Peace,

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Amen, piano praise be to God praiseGod

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:43 am

same here Piano! You know I've purposefully keep an eye out for teaching on discernment of spirits to date I've only heard one message that didn't even really get into it much. I wonder if the reason people don't talk about it more is because they want to be careful not to blaspheme the Holy Spirit?

I really do wish there were more teachings on this though. Like you, I too have prayed for the Lord to remove any spirits that are not from Him just to make sure and to give me discernment but then I got myself into doubting everything and questioning weather or not it was from Him. It caused me a lot of confusion, which is definitely not Him.

I like this scripture for helping me to discern from James 3
"19But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."
Though it's talking about wisdom and not works of the Holy Spirit, I think it's a good scripture that reflects the sort of wisdom that comes from the Holy Spirit.

Jesus causes my eyes to well up with tears of joy every time He visits me in a special way and in those times... He usually doesn't say much. A few well chosen words that put everything into perspective and an outpouring of love and peace that cause the world to melt away momentarily. Anywho...

I agree I will definitely pray about that. "Perhaps He wanted to show you something about prayer" that rung true for me and sounds like a good perspective to start from :-)

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:48 pm

I am only going to post about the initial dream. I am going to give you my thoughts-I haven't taken the test. I would say that you should definitely test the spirits to see whether or not they have been from God. One thing about God, when you are with Him, He won't leave you wondering if it was His presence that you felt. He reassures us when He overwhelms us. Even when He frightens us with His appearing, or by sending an angel, He always lets us know, "It is I, do not be afraid."

My own experiences are similar to what you described, but when I called on Jesus' name, pleading the blood of Jesus, or even cried out to Jesus with my thoughts, the presence always immediately withdrew. Food for thought.

Once, when I was fasting, I cast a demon out of a girl who was addicted to crack cocaine. That night, as we lay sleeping, that spirit jumped on me and I felt the heat of him. To both of our surprise, he bounced off of me, like a ball off of a hard floor, and went out of my window. I cried out the name of Jesus, and it took me awhile to go back to sleep.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm curious about your experience with that. If you don't mind my asking, could you explain to me that story a bit more in depth and was the girl a friend of yours and not a believer familiar with that kind of stuff?

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Prayers changing the atmosphere:
Pastor Eriwin McManous from moasic church was being interviewed by Joyce Meyer on TV today and he shared a story about when he had first became a christian and this girl came up to him and said, "I'm going to go home. I'm going to leave the faith and go back home to my boyfriend." and he was like "Whoa wait a minute is there anything that I can do to make you change your mind and know that God Loves you?" she said, "I want it to snow." and he said, "Ok God is going to make it snow in the next 24hrs." She walked off and started telling everybody. He went back to his dorm room pulled the shades and was like "oh no.. what did I just do?" a friend of his came back to the room and he thought uh oh... his freind said "This girl was out there telling everybody that Erwin told her it was going to snow because God loved her." and he was like oh great... but then his friend was like "Look out the window" and it had snowed...

that answers that... several of us have had the experience. so... I guess we can go ahead and put a yes, prayers are capable of effecting the atmosphere.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top