Do you ever get an overwhelming sense of burden for the church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you ever get an overwhelming sense of burden for the church

Post by KDRE on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 pm

to see it in order?

Not that there arent things that others dont notice as well...but do you ever feel moments of great burden for order when you're alone, or its just something you cannot explain to everyone because they truly wont understand what the weight of it feels like?

I know it has happened to me, and as a matter of factly happened to me tonight concerning my own church.

I had to seriously go into prayer with it to God to see what in the world is happening to me. While no answer yet of course.... I wonder if im the only one, or what.

Talk to me people of God... just wanted to have a discussion about the Lord again, which is what I enjoy most :)

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you ever get an overwhelming sense of burden for the church

Post by traveller on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi KDRE,

I've wondered this too at times, so no, you're not alone:)
My experience is that He shows these things because some things are out of order, and God wants them to be in His order, whatever it is really in the church. But rather then just noticing these things (which I believe He opens our eyes to) He wants us to pray over them, that's why it's such a (prayer)burden. The burden might lift after prayer, but if it doesn't, to me that means I need to continue praying about it and in some cases speak to a specific person(in leadership). I'm still learning as to when/who to speak about these things or when to just pray and keep praying about them. The times that I've spoken He created the opportunity and gave me the right words to the right person in leadership. However, I've become very cautious to not just share with anyone in the church as it's easy to just end up in negative talk.
Some times when I really feel the need for additional godly/wise counsel, I ring a friend who has similar experiences (but who lives far away and is fairly objective for that matter).
I believe He gives a burden for a reason. Ask Him what else, besides prayer, (if there's something else) He wants you to do with it and how to go about it.
As for myself, I'm very much a beginner and a learner in these things, so this is just from my perspective. There might be others here, more experienced/more mature that can share their experiences in this.
I love these discussions too;)

Last edited by traveller on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Me too, love these discussions! thumbs

I also have times when I feel burdened, either about my own church, other local churches, or the Church/Body of Christ in general - it varies.
The Lord has shown me things regarding my own church, some of which has already occurred, some I am praying into existence. I agree with Traveller regarding how to respond it to it...pray and seek Him for direction. flower

Am looking forward to others' experiences as well! thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrswilliams on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi!!!

I too have had this feeling before....I'm still a baby christian but, I woke up one night and just felt so heavy. It was like a burden I couldn't describe and all i could do is pray and cry through it. I cried so hard almost like I was birthing something and I've never had children but, it was a desire to release or let something out. I realized later it was something to do with one of my family members.

mrswilliams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:27 am

traveller wrote:Hi KDRE,

I've wondered this too at times, so no, you're not alone:)
My experience is that He shows these things because some things are out of order, and God wants them to be in His order, whatever it is really in the church. But rather then just noticing these things (which I believe He opens our eyes to) He wants us to pray over them, that's why it's such a (prayer)burden. The burden might lift after prayer, but if it doesn't, to me that means I need to continue praying about it and in some cases speak to a specific person(in leadership). I'm still learning as to when/who to speak about these things or when to just pray and keep praying about them. The times that I've spoken He created the opportunity and gave me the right words to the right person in leadership. However, I've become very cautious to not just share with anyone in the church as it's easy to just end up in negative talk.
Some times when I really feel the need for additional godly/wise counsel, I ring a friend who has similar experiences (but who lives far away and is fairly objective for that matter).
I believe He gives a burden for a reason. Ask Him what else, besides prayer, (if there's something else) He wants you to do with it and how to go about it.
As for myself, I'm very much a beginner and a learner in these things, so this is just from my perspective. There might be others here, more experienced/more mature that can share their experiences in this.
I love these discussions too;)

I did end up praying about it right before I made this thread and believe it or not, it lifted off of me after that. Before then I couldn't get a break because no matter what I did it just wouldn't leave me. Im glad its not just me though because I was starting to feel like I was losing it for a second as if I wanted to tell myself "why do you care so much, you're doing too much" ... lol

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 am

mrswilliams wrote:Hi!!!

I too have had this feeling before....I'm still a baby christian but, I woke up one night and just felt so heavy. It was like a burden I couldn't describe and all i could do is pray and cry through it. I cried so hard almost like I was birthing something and I've never had children but, it was a desire to release or let something out. I realized later it was something to do with one of my family members.

Hey mrswilliams. You interceeded for a family member, and they'll probably never know about it. Hows about that :)

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi KDRE,

Having a burden or feeling an overwhelming sense of burden for the church is one of the indication of an active calling at work in us as servants of God, because if ywe dont feel that burden, I doubt if we are touch in the the spiritual realm which God's realm, neither we do care if His kingdom will come here on earth or not.

And a true spiritual burden will drives us to seek Him and do His will. A false burden seeks self-promotion and recognition. Having this true burden in us will also guide us to our destiny, and helps us to be always in the right track.

Last edited by owen on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:19 pm

You know something Owen

I know we are to have a burden for lost souls...which I do but at the same time I have a great desire to help push the people of God into their destiny.

Thats the one thing that burns in me night and day to the point It bothers me if i feel im not moving towards that on any given day.

Of course you cannot rely on your feelings but its one of those things
I deal with everyday

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:30 pm

I would like to ask you this, what is your greatest desire to see in the church?

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:01 pm

Edit

To make short, I'd like to see God get his ultimate glory in every way us as believers should experience it from lives being changed to healings taking place.

That includes everything in between

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:31 pm

I read the unedited post yesterday, it was more specific, but didnt have time to make my reply.

Anyway, those desires that you have mentioned are actually God Himself placed them there in your heart, they are not personal deisres only, but desires to go forward to your calling.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:14 am

I believe so too... It would have to be him to see that all come to fruition though because im my own natural eyes it seems impossible to me

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top