Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Graceful

The Never ending story

I have been having a problem at least 17 years now with tormenting thoughts in my mind. It all started one morning when I was laying in bed and praising the Lord with my thoughts because I didnt want to wake my husband by speaking out loud. This terrible thought about the Holy spirit came into my mind and I literally shuddered inside. I was upset and I called a friend and she asked me if I could still pray in tongues and I told her yes and so she told me not to worry about it. The Lord showed the Pastor of a church I had been attending that it was a demonic assignment sent against me...(I hadnt told the Pastor anything at all about what was going on with my mind)....and this is what the Lord told him when he prayed for me. I pray the word of God over my mind all the time but its gotten so frustrating to go through this for so long and it's like I find very little relief. It makes me feel condemned most of the time and far from God. I can't understand what I did to have this happen to me. Has any one else been through something similar and been able to come out of it? I feel like I have a demon in my mind sometimes. tornado Would appreciate if anyone can advise me.

Have you tried commanding the thoughts to leave in Jesus name?

Whatever is noble and of good rapport think on these things and command all other thoughts to be under the blood and that they should cease.

Trust me, they will.

Try also playing the scriptures if you can on cd or on dvd whilst you are sleeping.

Attacks on the mind are just that, attacks. And you have won the battle in Christ Jesus. Remind the devil of His end and get into the word.

Keep your armour on and remember the helmet of salvation which you wear around your MIND.

Speak out with the word of God when you feel attacked.

I know what it is like, trust me.

Remember such scriptures as "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace", "I have the mind of Christ and the wisdom of God formed within me", "No weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Stay in the Word, even if it hurts. Speak it out loud.

Bless you dear one.

bandaid
have u tried fasting?

an also what delight soul said... speak the word

I speak the word out loud.. its imp to speak it out loud so u hear it..
also hve worship music on..

i had a lot of oppression lifted frm me when i was worshiping at home w/worship music on..that does miracles !
praying

Thank you Delightful soul and SisterinChrist for responding. I found a website where this man had listed scriptures to speak outloud during oppression and I have been doing that. It has really helped alot. I have also been reading a book by Graham Powell that has taught me alot about getting free. I too have found that playing worship music helps...it seems like I hear the music all night long in my sleep as well. Love it when that happens!