The Book, the SOng of Solomon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Book, the SOng of Solomon

Post by lovelywomanofvirtue on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 pm

I have a question, recently the Lord released me to read the Song of Solomon. I have read it, read commentary on it, and I am trying to understand the significance of the book. For some reason, I have never just read this book, never felt the need to really.....(sounds bad, i know), but now for some reason, the Lord has told me to read this book. This is what I have gotten out of it....Committment to the Lord....forsaking all others, and dedicating yourself to him, just as the shulamate woman did to her Shephard lover...we should be just as dedicated to Our Great Shephard....I thought the story was awesome though, she wasn't moved by any of Solomon's riches or flattery, or even the flattery of his concubines....AWESOME. She loved her shephard so much that that was all she cared about...and seeing how her shephard followed her was a beautiful thing too. I guess its like how God is with us...he comes after us out of his love for us until we decide to let him in. I am not really sure if God has some other reason for me reading this book. I mean, this month it was prophesised to me that I would meet my husband this year and he would be solidified...so, I am wondering if this too is why God has me reading this love story?

lovelywomanofvirtue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Book, the SOng of Solomon

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:32 pm

One major thing I got out of the book was Letting Love sleep, three times she charges the daughters of jeruselem to not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. Song of Solomon, 2:7, 3:5, and 8:4. Also there is a definate season for love (in Gods timing) Song of Solomon 7:12 Let us go early to the vineyards
to see if the vines have budded,
if their blossoms have opened,
and if the pomegranates are in bloomó
there I will give you my love.

When i met my husband i dreamed that he and i went early to check on our orchards to see if they were in bloom. They were. They were blooming with all the kinds of fruit and insense that i loved the best. (meaning it was the season for love and he was everything i had asked for)

I honestly think its there as well to show you what its like to have a marriage the way God wants it. dont know if thats why He had you read it...just letting you know what I got out of it :idk:

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:35 pm

lovelywomanofvirtue wrote: I mean, this month it was prophesised to me that I would meet my husband this year and he would be solidified...so, I am wondering if this too is why God has me reading this love story?

Sorry i missed this part earlier... what does that mean that he would be solidified? YES! thats a good reason to read it! :glory:

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelywomanofvirtue on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 am

I have no idea what that means! Lol. I dunno if it means that I already know him, and it will be made clear, or solid...not sure....but yea. I read the book, and it was interesting! All i know is i am excited!!!

lovelywomanofvirtue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top