lip reading?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lip reading?

Post by traveller on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:23 pm

One part of a dream was that as I was teaching a class of kids, I included a lip-reading activity as an in-between activity in the middle of another lesson. I'd say something and the kids had to read my lips which they did well. Other things happened in the dream too, but at the end I wondered why I'd put the lip-reading activity in the middle of another lesson and why not as a reward activity at the end..

Any idea's to possible meaning of lip-reading? All I've come up with is that it could be another way of communicating for a mute person.. Open to other idea's though..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: lip reading?

Post by One Door on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Lips produce spiritual fruit. I believe the lip reading here symbolizes people being able to see your "spiritual fruit". They see you "walk the talk". They are saying back to you what they see, exactly what you say you are (in Christ).
Just my thoughts.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi One Door,
thanks for that thought, i sort of forgot about this dream, but just having a look now at that dream in it's entirety to put it into context. Welcoming more thoughts;)
This was the dream:
I was teaching a class of kids, but before i went into the class I had to put on a sort of apron (but without the straps at the top to hold it up). It was made out of bullet proof thick material and it felt like a bullet proof vest. I wondered why the opening was at the back but I needed protection more at my front than at my back.. It did have a strap down the back/bottom but that was too short, the vest held up by itself?when I put it on.. Then I started teaching. It went well. Others had been having difficulties with this group but I went ok and the kids listened to me.
Then i stopped a lesson to do the lip reading activity (as described above).
At the end of that activity 2 kids were misbehaving. I only pointed my fingers towards the corners of the room where they had to go. They both went to the same corner in the back of the room, hiding behind soomeone? I made it clear they both had to go to their own corner...

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Just a thought traveller~I just heard a sermon preached just yesterday on how Hannah in the bible was praying, but only her lips were moving...yet God not only heard her but also answered her prayer for a child, Samuel! This may or may not fit...if not please disregard.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks Daisy..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue May 03, 2011 4:22 am

you\\'re welcome!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top