how do u hear from God?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

how do u hear from God?

Post by Jasmine on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:06 pm

How do u hear from God? I know God is speaking to me when I'm still, but it is VERY unclear and it seems like he makes no sense (when he is). How do I clear this fog?
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do u hear from God?

Post by Angelique on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:52 pm

I think its process. The more time you spend with Him, the more you get to know His voice. Sometimes He speaks more than others, some times it is louder than others. Sometimes there will be seasons of silence that are difficult but necessary for maturity. It's all a process. The simplest answer is just to Listen... and then when you do hear Him.. respond! And when you don't hear Him..WAIT and Trust. Not much help, huh? LOL! He wants to know YOU. He wants all of YOU. So He will make this all very personal between You and HIM. There is no method or step by step guide. It is all about building your relationship with Him because He is jealous for you. Yes there are certain things you can do that make hearing Him easier, like fasting, praying, seeking, spending time with Him everyday and being in His word every day but the motive should always be just to know Him and to be with Him. Hearing Him will be a natural byproduct of your relationship with Him if you take the time to listen. Spend as much time in your prayer time (if not more) Listening to Him as petitioning and talking to Him. I do hope this is helpful.
Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 am

very helpful to me Angelique it's true time and trust! God bless u
Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:15 am

Amen!! Angelique! thumbs I agree totally.

To be close to God is not about....HOW TO's.... the desire, longing, yearning itself will find its way to be close to HIM.

Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

That is a promise!!!

We will be closer to God as much and as close as we want to be closer to Him. The dregree of our closeness to HIm is also the degree of our hearing HIs voice.

It is like, the more we are closer to the light, the more we see things under the light; the farther we are from the light, the more we struggle and grope to see things clearly.
owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loveGOD on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 am

Amen That could not have been any clearer Bless You Angelique
loveGOD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:42 am

Thank you!! Blessings right back atcha!! :praiseg-d:
Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 pm

well thx
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:57 pm

GOOD TOPIC ja1721!! And fabulous answer Angelique!! Amen When i first started hearing from the Lord it was a still small voice in my head/heart that was difficult to distinguish between my own thoughts...But through trial and error and becoming more mature in my walk (with the Lords help) I am able to determine if its His voice or mine. Just hang in there and continue to grow in Him.

Remember: John 10:3 "He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”

I personally dont own sheep but i own goats. Its so funny because if i have new ones arrive into the herd, they dont trust me, but they follow what the other goats do. If i come up to feed them, they follow the one next to them. The longer the goat stays, the more she learns my ways. Pretty soon she trusts me and will come to me and let me pet and feed her. I'm often reminded of that verse when i am around my goats. The other day I was clear to the back of my land completely out of sight and range of what I thought my goats could hear. My son was with me and he was shouting. I spoke sharply to him to be quiet because I didnt want him to startle the neighbors horse whom we were petting. As soon as I told him that stern "be quiet". My goats bleated happily in my direction as they do each and every time they hear my voice. Its amazing the parables that are in the bible! It helps me get it :) Anyway...thats how we are with God. The newer we are to the fold, the more we draw comfort and understanding from others who have known him the longest. but the longer we are around him in his fold and up close and personal with him and allow him to lead us and feed us and "pet" us.....the more we recognize his voice.
My goats dont bleat at anyone else. Just me :)

And then there are my chickens that are stubborn and dont care about anything but being wild and are convinced that you are the devil! every now and then they might try and come up to me and when i reach out to touch them they RUN!....but thats another topic altogether!!! LOL!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER
daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Well, they are chickens! They're brains are the size of a small rock! And chickens run from everything! Thx but is there any general difference between our voices and his voice.
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Great analogy Daph!!! You made things more clear for me thumbs
hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 pm

That is AWESOME Daphne! Great analogy!!

LOL@ JA1721 "Well they ARE CHICKENS" hahhahahahahaa! Clever girl!

"is there any general difference between our voices and his voice."

I had a good friend once help me with this... I asked the same question when I was first learning to hear and distinguish His voice from my own. My very wise and amazing friend told me that I should always go with what gives me PEACE. It may not make you happy, or comfortable, or warm and fuzzy.. but God's will ALWAYS leaves me with a deep and abiding PEACE. Even if what I am hearing goes against everything I WANT to do... That is how I know it's HIM. Whereas my voice... (I can convince my self of just about anything BTW) may be saying what would make me happy or what MAKES SENSE to my carnal mind, but there is a deep uneasy gut check when its not in line with God. I hope this helps... There will probably be a lot of trial and error and that is OKAY!!! God never gets angry at you for LEARNING to hear His voice... The more you step out there and experience it the more you will recognize what is Him and what is you. You really do ask GREAT questions!
Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:58 am

When I am still and concentrate on breathing I feel peace but because I'm not thinking of things that worry me but not cuz god is speaking i don't think!
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:44 am

But through trial and error and becoming more mature in my walk (with the Lords help) I am able to determine if its His voice or mine. Just hang in there and continue to grow in Him.

Trial and error...yep!

I also looooved your analogy. I just love analogy all together.
Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:51 am

There will probably be a lot of trial and error and that is OKAY!!! God never gets angry at you for LEARNING to hear His voice... The more you step out there and experience it the more you will recognize what is Him and what is you.

Amen
Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sword&scepter on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks .., I came here to specifically ask this type of question. Now I don't need to.

sword&scepter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 am

The first time I "heard" something I thought was from God, it was an image that just dropped into my head out of left field... there was no lead up to it... I was not praying or meditating, I was putting washing in my machine!

I understood what it was about instantly, but was it from God, or wishful thinking???

I said to myself, "Ok, IF I believed that came from God, what would I do?" and then, in faith, I went and did it. (For me, in this instance, this meant beginning to make a quilt for my sister - not something that was at odds with anything that is in God's character... there were more steps, including speaking what was a prophecy. But they came after that first step and followed confirmation from God.)

This one was from God, and it came true, exactly as he had shown me. :o)

I know his voice better now.... a bit like the goats :o) I too LOVED the analogy! It really is about getting to know him. I decided a while back that I wanted to know his voice as well as my husbands' voice... my hubby doesn't need to say a word and I know it is him on the phone!

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:12 am

thx
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:15 am

You are welcome :o)
Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrelhop2 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:48 am

thanx everybody...this post defntly helped me :)
squirrelhop2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickie on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 am

When we quiet ourselves we are able to hear the Lord. He is faithful to confirm what He speaks to us and too let us know it is His voice. When I first started hearing his voice I would question Him and ask Him if that was me or some other voice and He was faithful to show me in many ways I heard correctly and that it was Him speaking. Taste and see that the Lord is good

Vickie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:09 pm

sometimes i ask him if he was speaking and nothing happens
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickie on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:08 am

Sometimes I had to wait on a response many days later He would speak to me thru a song,or even on a sign on the side of the road, or someone would start talking to me and I could hear the answer.

Vickie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:36 am

Vickie wrote:Sometimes I had to wait on a response many days later He would speak to me thru a song,or even on a sign on the side of the road, or someone would start talking to me and I could hear the answer.

Absolutely correct. We have to look for Him in everything!
Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 pm

thx
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

how to you hear from God?

Post by dreamcatcher on Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 pm

The more you seek Him. The more you find Him.

dreamcatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next