People as symbols? what does a cat represent?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

People as symbols? what does a cat represent?

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:47 am

I dreamed 2 nights ago that i was outside and i saw a bunch of kittens come out from under my house and out of the woods around my house. I knew there were at least 30 of them and i needed to give a few away. Suddenly this absolutely beautiful cat came out from under my house and i was so taken with it. I thought of keeping her but as soon as the thought went through my head, my mother in law (who was clearly my mother in law) came up to the cat and picked her up. She told me she was keeping her and put her in the car with her husband. I was very upset because it was my cat first and even though i already had so many to manage i hadnt even announced i was giving her up. I didnt know myself if i was going to keep her or not. end of dream.

So today the dream manifested. For the past two weeks i have been nursing this beautiful blue pit back to health, we had found her starving to death on the side of the road and she was skin and bones. I posted her online "FREE to a good home" because i cant keep her, we have way too many animals as it is. As i was driving the dog to her new owners (a woman i had never met, and her husband) I thought about turning back around and canceling because i have an attachment to her and wasnt ready to let her go. i knew i was doing the right thing though and everything went well.

Now i asked God why my mother in law was the symbol? I was expecting the dream to be about her. I believe the reason she was the symbol is because the last animal she got, was because it was the pick of the litter and beautiful. I kinda felt like the woman was so drawn to her because she was full blood and beautiful!! So i knew that was why. I love what Mia said in her teaching on people as symbols http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t8474-common-themes-people "When interpreting a dream with
other people try interpreting the dream leaving the people
out, or just using a blank for their names." (Mia Sherwood)

Some may ask, "If this is true, how will i ever know what and who i'm dreaming about?" The answer is, you cant! We cannot interpret our dreams, but God can. God knows the meaning of every symbol He uses in our dreams, even people. I believe its another way of keeping us dependant on Him for the answers. There was no way i would have guessed my mother in law was symbolic for someone i had never met. It wasnt my mother in law that was the overall message or even what was important. It was me letting go of an animal that I didnt need.

Also something i want to address is the use of cats as symbols in dreams. In my personal experience, cats are a PERSONAL symbol of something close to me that I adore because cats have always been my favorite animals. So when i dream of cats, it doesnt mean that i'm being attacked by demons or allowing them to inhabit my home. Or that I need to be delivered from a demonic yoke or generational curse thats been in my family for as many years as there were cats in my dream. I see overspiritualized interpretations of cats all the time. BUT That doesnt mean its not an attack from the enemy! In some cases people are allergic to or HATE cats. If that dreamer was then being attacked by a cat, it would definatley lead me to believe its an attack from the enemy or an illness. Mia once dreamed her nephew was bit on the hand by a dog and the next day he was burned on the hand by an iron. Another interpretation of the symbol that I've seen is a verbal argument with someone who is catty. Or a female throwing a fit. Ever heard of a cat fight? (two females arguing)

The way I recognize the dream when I see it is by the feelings and emotions I had about the situation. Do they match the dream: Am I angry? Resentful? Angry with someone else, or myself? Did what I was fearing really happen in the end of the dream, or was I just afraid it would? Does the symbol in my dream fit with the actual manifestation? Such as the beautiful cat i didnt want to let go of and the beautiful dog i was still attached to. Also, is there any scripture that can help me with this situation? Sometimes my dreams are based on a scripture. Such as the time i dreamed i had hindsfeet and the wild hog couldnt get me on the high place I was on because it didnt have hindsfeet!  happy dance

Last edited by daphanie02 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 4 times in total

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People as symbols? what does a cat represent?

Post by lola21st on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 pm

:goodpost: thumbs

And sometimes, it can just be literal. I recently had a dream that my cat was walking in the living room and I noticed that there were two spots on his back where the fur was removed. It turned out a couple of weeks later that he was in a catfight and the other cat scratched him on his back during the fight which left two blank spots on his back just the way it was shown to me in the dream...

You're so right it's important to know how the dreamer relates to a symbol (like you Laura, I like cats so it's highly unlikely that God would use cats as a symbol of demonic activity in my dreams) and their emotions during a dream. This is another reason why it's dangerous to simply take dream definitions out of a dream dictionary apply them to a dream - many times the interpretation will be inaccurate as a result....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Right Lurdys! AMEN! I forgot to mention the fact that it could be literal as well! Thanks for bringing that up! big hug 2

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:59 am

My cat Hannah agrees. lol!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:54 am

My cat Julius thinks Hannah's stunning! wink What a beauty!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks, Lola! She was a stray cat one of my Boy Scouts brought me. She loves people clothes (I got the dress at a secondhand store for $1) and purrs when I put them on her. SmileyCentral.comto Julius from Hannah XXO

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:23 pm

LOL How funny! She is so beautiful!!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:18 am

I can't believe I've just found this post on the very morning I woke-up wondering if I should ask you very wise woman huggins "How do I know what/who animals represent?"

I think my two cats represent my two sons...can I share 2 or 3 dreams about my cats and see what you think?

I often dream of my two cats whom I love and adore. In my dreams I'm always protective of them and find it difficult to let them go. IRL I find it difficult when letting them out the house, I'm so worried about the road and dogs but obviously, I'm also protective over my two sons.
But the first dream I had about one of my cats (Eli), I had just come to Christ and had a dream I was trying to climb a slippery and icy mountain on my hands and knees, my cat Eli was constantly at my heals pulling me back so I would push it back with my foot but without wanting to hurt it. The name of my son "Matthew"'came to mind. My husband (unsaved IRL) came and lifted my cat, bound her and put her on his shoulders. We sat for a while, there was a man to my right who I didn't see, we then headed onward to the top of the mountain. So, who was my cat? At first I thought it was a spirit in me that the Lord bound up. but it was the name of my son that came to mind. My son Matthew (unsaved at the time) isn't a burden by any means although maybe his epilepsy has been a worry? In saying that, he's not had a seizure in 3yrs. I had this dream 3yrs ago? Also, Matthew got saved a year ago. So what could my husband have bound up? (I do believe he was the Lord and not my husband btw).

So another dream about my other cat (Emmett), I had a year ago, he's sitting on a pipe just inside the entrance of a hatch/door into a deep hole in the ground. I know there are cockroaches down there and get a glimpse of one scurrying up. I want to pick my cat up but I'm worried that he'll fall. I also think that with my cat being in this position, he can catch the cockroaches before they come out the hole. If my cat Emmett represents my eldest son Jamie (saved) what is this dream saying about him?

My other dreams about the cats are usually good and normal, me protecting them and keeping them close then a few weeks ago I dream of looking out a window and seeing Emmett just laying outside, he's not eaten his food and it's going stale. IRL I'm worried about my son Jamie, he's in university, in a flat with other Christians, all his friends are Christians, they're all always meeting up for fellowship together and going to Christian union and church together BUT I'm worried he's not reading his bible....my cat just laying there and this uneaten food, is this saying my son is being idle and not feeding on the word of God?

But what if my cats don't actually symbolize my sons themselves? Although I def heard Matthew's name when I had that first dream of Eli. Any thoughts?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm

The cat in the first dream seemed like it was trying to hold you back from climbing. I would say that it was someone who was holding you back either purposely or otherwise.

Cat dreams can sometimes be about cats, especially so if the dream narrates the cat doing what a cat would do, like catching cockroaches.

The third dream could be that your son is not getting fed spiritually and a call to prayer. However, it could be a worry from your heart. Have you asked him if he is being fed?

I would say that two of your dreams about cars (1st and 3rd) are about people. The second might be about your cat.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top