hiding from police and catching turtles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hiding from police and catching turtles

Post by redeeminglove on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:07 am

Hi All,

Can somebody please offer me some insight to my dream, please? :)

I had a dream that I was learning how to hide from the police. Somebody had done it first and managed to hide from the police for years. I was hiding in the sleeping quarters of a giant semitruck and other people were learning to hide from authority also. We had to put something on our hands to help throw off our scent, and then we hide.
We got out of the semitruck and saw the police, so me and few people I used to know ran through a bridle path. As we were walking down the bridle path, we came upon people who were looking for turtles. There was a tall, chain-linked fence and if you stuck your fingers through the diamonds links, you could catch turtles out of some water they were hiding in. They were little turtles. They were about 2 inches to about 5 inches in estimate. Every single turtle had their head, tail, and feet hidden in their shell. Some turtles were even doing things turtles do not do so that they could hide from us (like standing on their hinds and going on their back to look like a rock). We were placing them in a bucket. Some could not get up to breathe. We were catching them to fight with some kind of lizard.
Strange, I know.

Can somebody give me their insight? Thank you.

Emily

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: hiding from police and catching turtles

Post by owen on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 am

I think this is an issue of your life that you are afraid that it will be exposed or be known by others. You tried your best to hide it so that others could not notice it. This cause you to hide esp. when God tries to deal with it, if He tries to heal you by exposing it. This is why instead of being free from it, it slows down His work in you like a turtle in the area of your life where He wants you to be free.

Hope this resonates.

bless you!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Hey Owen,

Ding, ding, ding. This definitely resonates. I had committed sin with both of the people I was with in the dream.

I am careful about being open about this area of my life, but my family is aware of it and I have shared it with people I feel it is safe to share with it.

I can assure you, neither are people in my life any long and (with the grace of God) I not longer struggle with this sin anymore... so this leads to the why...

Why did I dream it? I do not hide my sin from God, I am open and admit and constantly talk to Him about it if I know it is a problem.

You definitely have given me insight. I must pray, pray, pray now to have the Lord reveal to me the sin He is speaking to me about.

Thank you again, Owen.
:)
EmilyM

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:45 pm

EmilyM wrote:Hey Owen,

I can assure you, neither are people in my life any long and (with the grace of God) I not longer struggle with this sin anymore... so this leads to the why...

Why did I dream it? I do not hide my sin from God, I am open and admit and constantly talk to Him about it if I know it is a problem.

God sees the future, this is why sometimes He gave us dreams so that we can be wise enough to face challenges and trials.

I thank God you are free from your struggle, I believe God is reminding you to keep hold of Him, because, although we have been freed, we are still vulnerable if we are not careful.

Bless you.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:12 am

Hi again, Owen

I actually had a another dream last night

I was swimming and playing games with some people in a pool. There was a grandmother watching us.

We had walked to a cooler to get a drink. I wanted a Dr. Pepper but somebody handed me a beer. I put it back and said I did not want it.

I've had numerous dreams where I am being offered alcohol and pick up the actual bottle/can and then put the alcohol back and walk away from it.

I've had alcohol problems in the past and had gone drinking with one of the persons I was with in the turtle dream. Alcohol is likely one of the themes of the dream.

Thank you again, Owen

EmilyM

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Wow, your dream is GOd's assurance of His grace at work in you. :hallelujah:

:getthee:

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down