A BIT OF ADVICE... Relationships.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A BIT OF ADVICE... Relationships.

Post by ggyal on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:10 am

I wanted to offer a bit of advice/caution to anyone who may be in a relationship to be wise and be in prayer before God before making any life-changing decisions. You have to be absolutely certain of the decisions you make that God is for it.

I say this (even as I myself am waiting for the one that God has for me) because i was in my first "real" relationship two years ago. I say real because it was the first time being in love etc. Had one other relationship before that but it was not serious.

I wanted the relationship so bad that I didnt see some warning signs. As they started to appear little by little, i began to take notice. I will not go into detail on how this man turned out other than to say i broke it off, but i will tell you how God speaks, and if you are serious about hearing from God, He WILL speak to you!

While in the relationship and going through hell on earth, i knew something wasnt right. One evening, i fell asleep on my couch and had a dream. Now, i know that God is speaking to me through dreams, but back then it was sporadic and i wasn't sure yet.

I dreamt that i printed our wedding invitations. and i showed them to him. and he got so mad, mad, in a RAGE and stormed out. and i was left with the invitation in my hand wondering what i did wrong. i was thinking i'd better leave before he comes back or he was going to do something crazy. (now in real life i saw "signs" of this rage, but he never expressed it, so this was really not something i expected).

Upon waking from the dream, i heard in my ear, as if someone had their mouth right next to my ear.... RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! It was so loud, it sounded like it echoed. I literally looked around the room when i woke up.

My heart was racing, i was anxious and scared all in one, because this was the person i thought i would spend the rest of my life with.

I never told anyone until weeks later when i was speaking to my pastor and telling him the things I was noticing in this young man's life, and my pastor literally called me back to tell me he felt very uneasy in his spirit about the young man and he said to me,

"my child, i think you should RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! (JUST LIKE I HAD HEARD IN THE DREAM).

Remember i told no-one about the dream, or the warning signs i was getting, until then. Welll................. it didn't take me a day to figure out what to do. I called that guy the next morning at the break of day, i couldn't wait actually, as painful as it was, to tell him that it was not meant to be.

Yes, i cried a bit. and it was painful. but the following months were hard, but then God began to draw me to himself, and doing things in me that I never expected. I now am certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that if i had married that man i would have been in serious trouble (that's an understatement).

Now, God is moving in my life with dreams/visions/words of knowledge/wisdom and I've discovered His purpose in my life and it's unfolding more and more every day. I have found a rich store of treasure in God, and I know if I had married that guy, there is no way i would have tapped into what God is offering me now.

All i have to do now is wait for God to send the "right one" (and while it's difficult waiting on some days) I am CERTAIN that God WILL send him.

So my word of advice... PRAY! PRAY! and PRAY MORE! and never choose someone who God is PLAINLY telling you NOT TO marry!

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A BIT OF ADVICE... Relationships.

Post by redeeminglove on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:50 am

I think that even through your pain, this is a BEAUTIFUL picture of God's love and provision for you and your life. God will bring you somebody perfect when the time is right. It's the waiting that is the hardest.

Prayers and blessings,

EmilyM

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:33 am

Thanks for the lovely reply Emily. waiting is hard, sometimes. :) Bless ya.

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godchick on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Hey Ggyal!

Awesome post! I wasn't sure what the voting thing was next to your avatar, and accidentally pressed minus... anyway, I can't reverse it.. but i love your post!! so don't be discouraged... no one has clicked 'dislike' and meant it..

sorry.. hee hee

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 am

No problem Godchick! i know you have a heart of gold so it was not intentional. Thanks for all your feedback on my posts. It really helps to have a community of believers to share with. God bless ya and I pray that God orders your steps in every decision that you are seeking Him in. He promises to show us which way to walk once we do that.

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top