Traveling Together

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Traveling Together

Post by lola21st on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 pm

I had a dream that I woke up and turned my tv on. The TV was on one station but I was trying to change the station and was unsuccessful - the satellite receiver wouldn't turn on so that I could change the channel. I needed to continue with the morning routine (get ready for work/school) so I stopped trying. My mother and younger son were with me in my bedroom during this.

I went downstairs and the lower floor turned into a workplace. My boss was there and met me and we went to a meeting together. The setting was different than my actual workplace but I knew it was work related. We went to a meeting/conference - the other attendees were mostly Black women, my boss was one of a handful (if not the only) Caucasian woman there. It seemed like we were discussing something related to kids because some items were distributed to the attendees and I hadn't received one so approached the meeting organizer for a set of the handouts - I only remember a dark blue portfolio folder and a book order form for children's books. nerd As we were leaving, we past a woman and the meeting leader greeted her. I recognized this woman as a friend from my church but hadn't recognized her until the meeting leader greeted her. The meeting leader complimented her on her contact lenses - she apparently had just got tinted contact lenses that changed her eye color from brown to blue - this is why I didn't recognize her at first. Upon taking a closer look, I could see that her eyes were now a mix of blue and brown. We exchanged greetings and I explained that I didn't recognize her at first. We walked down the stairs of this meeting center and the scene changed.

After walking down the stairs, the setting changed to Philadelphia. I was now on my alma mater's campus with my friend. I was showing him the campus buildings and then we walked down (or were riding a bike?) one of the main streets of the campus. There was construction going on on both sides of the street. The store fronts were boarded up but the wood covering structures extended out into the street which made the road much narrower and essentially turned what was a two lane road into a walking/biking path. As we moved along the road, I kept pointing out the different stores of interest and their meaning to me ("That was the store we used to shop at, that was the bookstore, that was the cheesesteak place we bought cheesesteaks at, etc."). The stores looked closed but were open and the wooden boards were painted into murals so that they weren't an eyesore.

I was looking for a particular street to turn off at and when I found it we made a right turn into it and it took us into a residential neighborhood. We were definitely walking at this point and I led us on a "playful" excursion - we picked up our pace and were running down stairs (taking several at a time instead of one), running up stairs, cutting through backyards, climbing fences, sliding down handrails, skateboarding down handrails, etc. These were located in yards and through parks as well.

By now it had become dark and cold and we came across some brick rowhouses (the bricks were colored beige/gray/white like rough granite) that had open front porches. We were now in Toronto, Canada. We stopped at one of the rowhouses. There was a party/gathering taking place and I recognized the meeting leader from the earlier scene. It turned out that she was Jamaican too so we thought it was a pleasant coincidence that we ended up there. There were several women seated on the porch and after exchanging greetings we sat down and started talking to them. They ignored me and spoke only to my friend despite my comments and conversation which I found annoying. One woman was seated perpendicular to us (all of the seats were placed along the walls of the porch and we were seated in a corner) and she was bold - not just talking to him but also leaning over, getting in his personal space. I could tell he was uncomfortable with this gesture so I gently (but firmlyÖ lol! ) pushed her back into her seat with one hand and told her to ease up. She then went into the kitchen and asked if we wanted something to eat. We said yes and she came back out with one takeout meal box. My friend said, "Where's the other one?" because it was clear that she didn't bring one out for me. She pretended she had gotten confused and said that she didn't know I wanted one. He then said "Uh uh, you get one for her too." referring to me. She then brought out another box which we took and at that moment a few men (one of which we know IRL) came up the stairs and wanted to show my friend a business that they were opening up (restaurant or nightclub) so we left the house to go check out the business.
At the business establishment there was an enclosed patio in the front which is where I stayed while they walked through and checked out the business. It was taking a while and I was starting to wonder why it was taking so long. The men came out without my friend and started talking to me. Behind them I saw my friend come out of the door wearing a disguise like he didnít want to be noticed by them or anyone else there. He walked toward the door and motioned to me to exit. I didnít feel any danger, I think he was just tired of being approached by others. I was getting ready to excuse myself from the men I was talking to when I woke up.

Anyone?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Traveling Together

Post by Godchick on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 pm

praying

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eleora3 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:28 pm

This doesn't seem like an easy one...but here are a few thoughts.
I looked up what TV's typically mean and it usually represents your thoughts and if a TV isn't working it can mean you are looking at a problem the wrong way.

I feel that it is significant that you did not receive a handout or a lunch box--that is twice in the dream you did not receive something that you should have received.

Also, it seems significant that you didn't recognize the one lady with the different eye colors and that your male friend later wears a disguise.

That's all I got but hopefully it helps and others see some other things.

Eleora

eleora3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godchick on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey Lo, was this one dream only? It's long. And amazing how you have remembered so much details. I am still praying..

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:40 pm

@eleora - Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I noticed the same dynamics and am waiting to hear from the Lord regarding how they are connect.... thumbs

In my dreams, tv's tend to represent revelation knowledge although not always - I recently had one that had a literal meaning as well. Just a quick fyi - we don't use external dream interpretation dictionaries/websites/etc. here. When I first became interested in dreams, I used to refer to dream dictionaries and then other Christian dream sites but since being here, I realize that these references were often not valid. (This isn't meant as a reprimand, just introducing you to the 'lay of the land' so to speak... flower )

@godchick - Thank you - let me know if you come up with anything. Believe it or not, this is one continuous dream - the type of dream where in a lucid state, you're like "Is this dream ending soon? The alarm's going to go off soon..." Daph\\'s Dreams Daph\\'s Dreams laugh There are times where my dreams are very short and then times when they feel like they're lasting forever.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 am

Anyone?

I know it's a mini-series but try one scene at a time... lol! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Lurdys,

your boss and the meeting leader is one person?

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi Owen -

No, they were different women. My boss and I went to a meeting/conference that the meeting leader was facilitating.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:16 am

The tv represents prophetic vision that God has shown you. You canít change the station because I believe that God wants you to be single minded in what He has shown you, no other option so to speak.
I believe your dream shows a description of two important men in your life(aside from your son of course).First is your boss, a Caucasian, distinct from others, authority figure, represents God Himself, your Supreme Boss, this is why the meeting is just in the lower floor of your house. The meeting symbolizes your relationship and role in the Kingdom of God(or church). Others might overlook what you can do for His kingdom, or could not see your gifts, but somehow you manage to make yourself useful for HIM by looking ways where you fit in. It is so interesting that in this scene, a clue is given of one of your gifts, I believe you naturally gifted to teach children (I donít know if you are a teacher IRL, or in Sunday school) because the handouts and book represents it.
About the contact lens that you noticed, spiritually speaking, you have the ability to recognize true prophets from false, true prophetic gifts from counterfeit gifts. You can even recognize if a brother, sister, or other Christians, speaks from his own mind or he speaks words from the Spirit.
God as your first Man, has been guiding you all through these experiences.
The second man in your life is your friend. The first scene in Philadelphia is a flashback of your past life with him, your romantic relationship with him where and when he gets to know you as who you are , your likes and dislikes as getting to know each other. The second stage of your past life represents the events in Toronto, Canada (in your dream). It is when the enemy tried to steal him from you. The women represent circumstances planned by the enemy trying to distract him and kept his attention away from you. The business represent a time when he was not with you, doing his own things while you were waiting for him. But being tired of his messed up life, he did find an exit to return where he belongs.
Why did God gave you a dream like this esp. the part with your friend. I believe it is because your dream does not only speaks of your past but also speaks of your future (prophetic)as well. Your relationship with him will grow into a level of romance. God will restore what has been lost in your past relationship.

Please pray if this bears witness in your spirit.
Blessings!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks Owen, for taking time to spend on this dream, I appreciate it!

Interestingly, the first scene manifested last night - I was trying to turn the channel on my tv and the station wouldn't turn. The receiver wouldn't receive the signal from the remote to turn the channel. But I didn't give up, I plugged out the power cord and plugged it back in and then it worked. cool My dreams often have dual meanings and often with these long dreams, there's a small piece of it that is literal prophetic that manifests shortly after the dream, I think as a reassurance that the dream is real and that the other more symbolic messages will manifest as well...

My boss is a woman HOWEVER I agree that she is a spiritual authority in the dream. I thought she represented the Holy Spirit so am in agreement with you about her and the scene itself. It's funny that you mentioned the teaching gift because the morning before the dream, the same thought came to me while I was studying the Bible. I asked the Lord for more time to study so that I'm prepared when the time comes and opportunities to teach as part of a larger prayer for 2011 which is to have more opportunities to live my faith - applied faith if you will, to those in need of an encouraging word. There's more to this but I'll save that for another time. I believe the children materials are symbolic for children in the Lord, young Christians - Christians who are just beginning their individual walk with the Lord. I believe the Lord wants me to work with women, particularly young women to encourage them and build them up in their identity in Christ.

The Philadelphia scene still has me intrigued. I'm not surprised that the setting is Philadelphia as the city's motto is that it is the city of brotherly love. I think this part of the dream is dealing with our friendship - phileo love. I agree that it is him getting to know me and I think there's more. I think we're getting to know one another (or at in relation to this dream, he's getting to know me) all over again. The buildings under reconstruction to me represents the things of the past that are being shared again but this time - gaps are being filled in regarding things that happened in our lives whether it be information or a better understanding of what happened - clearing up misunderstandings, gaining a better understanding of our motivations behind certain things/events, etc. It's all a positive experience (the barricades/boards were beautiful) and in the end it will be better than it was before as a result of the reconstruction and a stronger foundation/structure will result.

The other thing about this scene I find intriguing is that the street path was made narrower as a result of the barricades being raised up. I didn't know if this was a sign that the past had to be dealt with because it's a hindrance (didn't feel that way in the dream, we were still able to move down the road fine) or whether it meant that we were moving together in a more holy direction, now walking a narrower path. (I feel itís more this because when we were first together we werenít really living holy lives although we called ourselves Christians).

The rest of your interpretation definitely resonates. This is an encouraging dream, Iíll just hold tight with what the Lord has shown me thus far until the next revelation comes.

flower Bless You thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top