January 2, 2011

Go down

January 2, 2011

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:27 am

I was thinking one way to do this is to just post the date and every day we can come to the new date to meet for our gathering. What do you think?

I'm also thinking..... if we want to get together for a real time meeting our chat box would also work more effectively for instant communication.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com
Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: January 2, 2011

Post by kellsy2004 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:41 am

That would be great Mia;real chats. happy dance
kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:45 am

I think this is a good idea.

I'm assuming that the forum gathering would be a "virtual" gathering? What I mean is that rather than meeting at the same time we commit to posting each day - it doesn't have to be a long post since the primary goal is to just help each other spend more time in the Word but minimally to say yes, I did it to a longer post to say whatever is on our hearts or that the Lord spoke to us about that we want to share OR just to say it was a "quiet" session.

I've been on vacation and know that when work begins again tomorrow (sic), I'm entering a season where it will be harder during the weekdays to post much beyond what I was reading... bandaid

I was thinking of the site's online chat box as well. Whoever is interested/available can join.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:55 am

Yes!I think a virtual chat would be good.

In addition, if we have the time to daily post things that are inspiring that came from our time with God together.

I think that coming together is a great first step, I'm hoping that posting what comes from our time with God would be the inspirational glue that keeps us propelling forward.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:47 am

I want to start our New Year's board with my mission statement for 2011.

In November 2007 - I was asking God to help me with victory in several areas of my life and one day He gave me very clear answer. In my heart came this:

Success is making a series of right choices. Every choice you make is like a footprint. The choices that you make determine the path that you travel. Consistently right choices will lead to success; consistently bad choices will lead to destruction. Your success can happen one choice at a time.

This message from God is so like Him. It simply amazing; it's short and profound and so simple but amazing at the same time. So I searched the bible for scriptures that apply and I found this scripture to confirm it!

The Benefits of Wisdom

1My child, listen to what I say,
and treasure my commands.
Tune your ears to wisdom,
and concentrate on understanding.
3Cry out for insight,
and ask for understanding.
4Search for them as you would for silver;
seek them like hidden treasures.
5Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord,
and you will gain knowledge of God.
6For the Lord grants wisdom!
From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest.
He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.
8He guards the paths of the just
and protects those who are faithful to him.
9Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair,
and you will find the right way to go.
10For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will fill you with joy.
11Wise choices will watch over you.
Understanding will keep you safe.
12Wisdom will save you from evil people,
from those whose words are twisted.
13These men turn from the right way
to walk down dark paths.
14They take pleasure in doing wrong,
and they enjoy the twisted ways of evil.
15Their actions are crooked,
and their ways are wrong.
16Wisdom will save you from the immoral woman,
from the seductive words of the promiscuous woman.
She has abandoned her husband
and ignores the covenant she made before God.
18Entering her house leads to death;
it is the road to the grave.b
19The man who visits her is doomed.
He will never reach the paths of life.
20Follow the steps of good men instead,
and stay on the paths of the righteous.
21For only the godly will live in the land,
and those with integrity will remain in it.
22But the wicked will be removed from the land,
and the treacherous will be uprooted.

Amazing. How simple and true and life changing. Your success can happen one wise choice at a time!.

I am going to spend 2011 making GREAT choices!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:51 am

I feell this year is about drawing closer to God. It has been a struggle this last year to stay faithful in my prayer and worship. I have done it but there have been times when the enemy has tried to pull me away. I have stayed faithful but more so this last year than any other I have felt it has been a decission to remain faithful to it. The enemy will try to break us away from our prayer and our quiet time with the Lord. He will try to interupt and discourage us. But the Lord remains to be faithful in all things toward us and we are to remain the same toward him. He tells us to be deligent in prayer and worship to him. If we are deligent in prayer and worship he will open himself to us in ways that are beyond what we can hope or imagine. So I encourage you to do the same. Be deligent and worship much. Hold on to the faith at all costs. Reach out to Jesus for everthing. Jesus never said it would be easy for us, in fact he said it would be difficult at times. Do it anyway. Be faithful to him like he has been toward us.

I pray this reaches out to you like it reached out to me.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rimmie on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:07 am

HELLO EVERYONE I HOPE IM NOT OFF SUBJECT BUT WILL LOVE TO SHARE THIS I WENT TO A LITTLE SKIT THEY WERE HAVING AT THIS CHURCH AND IT WAS A TRAIN THAT WAS GOING TO GLORY AND THIS LADY WAS PUT IN THE BACK OF THE TRAIN SHE SAID IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE I SIT AS LONG AS IM ON THE GLORY TRAIN SO THERE WERE A COUPLE OF STOPS BEFORE REACHING GLORY AND THE STOPS WERE TO NORTH, EAST, SOUTH,AND MAIN HELL SO EVERYONE THAT LIES AND CHEATS AND DIDNT HELP THE SICK AND POOR AND TREATED PEOPLE BAD BECAUSE THEY TREATED THEM THAT WAY WAS PUT OFF AT THE STOPS TO HELL THEY WERE TRYING TO FIGHT BUT THE DEATH ANGEL THREW THEM IN SO THE LADY THAT WAS PUT ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT MADE IT TO GLORY I LEARNED ALOT FROM THIS SKIT AND BY POSTING IT I HOPE YOU DID TOO TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISE TO NEITHER OF US LETS LIVE TODAY AND EVERYDAY GOD GIVES US LIKE ITS OUR LAST AND DO THE WILL OF GOD DONT LET IT BE YOU THAT THINK YOUR GOING TO GLORY BUT GETS PUT OFF THE TRAIN FOR SOMETHING AS LITTLE AS WHAT YOU NEVER THOUGHT WAS SO BIG GOD BLESS BE ENCOURAGE AND HAVE A BLESS DAY.
rimmie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Dove-Solutions wrote:I feell this year is about drawing closer to God.

Amen, Connie! That's why I want to start out my day with God and in study.

It seems when I start my day with Him and focused on His kingdom, I stay that way. I also noticed that the periods in my life where I have been diligent about seeking God, I've accompolished more sacrificing time to spend with Him than I would have achieved with the extra time if I hadn't set aside time for and with Him first.

When I was praying today I noticed, like I always do, all the things I have to do that come to my mind in prayer. I try to brush them off and refocus on the Lord because I feel like they are an intrusion but today I felt like God was saying.... I'm talking to you about all the things you have to do. Write them do so that you achieve them. Then, ask me how I want you to do them.

It is so cool that He talks to us about everything!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:00 am

Amen
Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:20 am

Ditto that for sure Mia. He does talk to us about everthing. Key is we need to be close to hear it. praiseGod

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Eternal life doesn't start when you die and go to heaven, it starts now. I want to eat the way I will in heaven, speak the way I will in heaven, have the priorities I will have in heaven....

I was just reading this post and others in this section. It rang true for me when you said, Mia, that you were not free to walk as you wished this year because of decisions made last year.

I have been trying to lose the same 40 (now 50) kilos for years. I've tried everything I can think of.

Maybe one step, one decision, one bite at a time is the only way to do it. Maybe I can make a decision today, this morning (and every morning) that will mean next year I am free - and fit enough - to follow him wherever he would lead me. No grand plans.... just one decision at a time. Why is it that that feels like the hard way?! Perhaps because it calls me to action now... not to list making and procrastination.

It comes down to whether I am willing to submit to him minute by minute, or am I only willing to talk about submitting... food/weight loss feels like such an unimportant thing to focus on.... I hate talking about it, I hate planning food etc.... and yet this unimportant thing stops me from following in his footsteps.

I loved the verses you put into your new years post, about choices that can step by step take you down a dark path or a good path.... I will begin to make those choices more deliberately. One choice at a time.

Thanks Mia.

Diane
Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down