True Fly Fishing... :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

True Fly Fishing... :-)

Post by txag92 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:54 pm

I find myself standing in a small clearing about 20-30 feet wide at the edge of a lake. The water was really clear, and I knew it was a freshwater lake. There are trees on my right and left. There is also a small, brick, one-story home or building directly behind me.

I have some string and hook, but no rod. I inspect my hook and find it's a single fisherman's hook about 1 inch in size. My fishing line is actually string and not true fishing line, but I begin to fish anyway. I wasn't real concerned about not having a fishing rod or the prospect of having to pull in the fish with my bare hands if I caught any. I place my line in the water on the edge of the bank and begin to catch fish right away. Most were larger than you would expect to catch on the edge of a lake. I'm easily pulling them out of the water - it was effortless. The fish were around 2 feet in length on average. It wasn't that the fish weren't strong, but rather that I had significantly more strength than they did, and I easily pulled them in. I was easily hooking the fish in the water as they came near the hook and bait; I was not missing any fish that came near the hook either.

I'm having a great time fishing and immediately have 5-6 fish on the bank with me. I then realize there was an older man sitting/leaning against the building I described earlier. He was nondescript. Nothing really stood out about him. I realized he had been there a while watching me. I turn to face him and ask him if he'd seen my fish. We talk a little, but then I go back to fishing. As I'm about to bait my hook again, it's at this point in the dream that I realize what my bait consisted of…...dead house flies. In the dream, I didn't give this too much thought, but did wonder how I could get more once I ran out. I had about 4-5 left on the bank. I picked up one and placed it on my hook and drop the line in the water. I only have to wait just a few seconds before I hook another fish. It might have been the 5th fish, but I'm not 100% on that. I brought it out of the water and onto the bank. This one was bigger than the others. It was a true prize fish. It was about 2-3 feet in length. This one required no extra effort than the others to bring it out of the water. It was a beautiful fish along with the others, but especially this one. I thought the fish could have been from saltwater because of their size and color, but were definitely in what I thought was a freshwater lake. The fish looked like they reflected the condition of the lake too which was pure. I recall admiring the color and beauty of the fish. As the dream is about to end, I knew there were more fish like these in the lake, and I knew the bait was really savory to them.

The dream ends after I have this one on the bank of the lake. A final note is that it was like the last fish I caught was like a prize - like it was given to me. I did the fishing, but it was like there was some work behind the scenes to give this one to me. Hope that last part makes sense. I just felt like there was an essence of it being like a gift/prize for me.

txag92

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: True Fly Fishing... :-)

Post by owen on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi txag92,

would like to ask questions about your dream.

Do you remember what were you talking with the old man?

What are the colors of the fish?

thanks

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by txag92 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:59 pm

The conversation with the old man was not much of a conversation -I remember asking him if he'd seen my fish to which he nodded or replied yes. There wasn't a lot of interchange, more just acknowledgment from him.

The colors of the fish were lighter colors. They reminded me of deep sea saltwater fish more because they seemed so vibrant. Colors perhaps were hints or tints of orange (last one), light purple, maybe some blue. They were more solid in color with a shade of another color. I would almost use beautiful to describe them.

txag92

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Just want to summarize what I believe it means.

God is using your past life as a testimony of His grace. He uses your life to bless others. The lake represents His presence and the string connects you to His presence. this is why fishing is no sweat at all, meaning, doing what He tells you to do does not involve any work of the flesh in your part. I believe the old man symbolizes assurance that God is in agreement of what you do.

The last fish you caught is the most important thing that had happened in you life, because it represents realization/discovery/revelation of what He has called you to do together with your spiritual gifts.

Hope this makes sense! If not, disregard.

Blessings!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top