HUGE TREE and MARRIAGE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HUGE TREE and MARRIAGE

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:43 am

First Post (woo-hoo!!!)): Direction God is taking me
by ggyal Today at 11:15 am

.I am so excited to post. God has been doing something in my life over, especially over the last 6 months or so and I am excited. It has been medical tests and struggles health-wise for months and during that time, (have since got good test results a few weeks ago Praise God) I used it as a time to get close to the Lord in ways that I never have. (I am in my thirties).

Recently He has been showing me things in dreams, and speaking to me. Even in ways that I have begun to encourage my christian brothers/sisters that amazes me.

During one especially difficult day, I just had to have God. I worshipped, I felt the presence of God and suddenly i found myself "singing to myself" like in a prophetic way as if God was speaking back to me. "I know the plans I have for you... wonderful plans... glorious plans... awesome plans"... (that was very awesome and never happened to me before).

Then a few seconds later, i saw a vision of a huge beautiful tree, the branches curved downward like an umbrella, like a tree that people would use to get shade.

I tried looking up trees in the bible. The only verse that I think helped a little was the one that speaks about being like a green olive tree in the house of the Lord.

I have been through a really awful young life, with no love, got saved at 17 and have been serving God since then. I've been praying about getting married, or my desire to be recently, and for the last few days, i've been having this strange dream. I say strange because I am not one to fantasize and long for a man, i just trust God to do it when it is the right timing... anyhoo.... a few months ago I dream that I was telling someone "my husband really really loves me" (and I am not married)....

then 2 nights ago i dreamt that this man proposed and i was not sure if God was in it, and I remember telling him, "you know my heart for prayer and intercession (i am not an intercessor) and I need to know how you feel about God"... and his response made me feel at ease, (long and short of it) he said that he knows how i feel and his calling was different, so it will not conflict with mine, so i felt at ease and said YES! and i remembered crying for joy in the dream and saying "i can't believe it has happened".

Then last night, i dreamt a real life uncle of mine knocked on the door and when i opened it to let him in, there was this man (who in the dream i knew to be my fiancee) and I was so happy to see him and gave him a big hug. It was a joy that i felt even after waking.

Hmmmm.... I believe that God can show someone if this is truly something that God is saying.

As you can tell I am just excited about God and just love His presence and all He is doing (and all this is during a great shake-up in my church and I am able to give encouragement to some who are being shaken without being shaken myself and I know that God is the one doing it because before this growth in God, maybe I would have been the first one to be shaken and become discouraged)...

Feedback anyone..
ggyal

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUGE TREE and MARRIAGE

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:48 am

Oh, BTW I do not know the man who proposed in the dream. I saw his face but it's not someone i know. Neither do I have anyone in mind, or anyone that I am liking/vice versa at this time. (so this should be interesting). smile.

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:05 am

No reponses at all........ crying

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:58 am

Praise the Lord, ggyal!

Please don't be discouraged, sometimes a dream takes time to be interpreted. While sometimes a dream may appear to have been overlooked, most of the time that there's a delay its because other members are praying about your dream to receive the interpretation or they just don't have an interpretation to share. We usually recommend waiting for a day or two (if I'm reading your date stamps correctly, it hasn't been 24 hours yet between your original post and your last post). If after 1-2 days, you haven't received any replied, feel free to bump it back to the top of the queue. flower thumbs Bless You

Praise the Lord for what He's been doing in your life, thanks for sharing your testimony! Your tree vision reminds me of Psalms 1 and Matthew 13 where Jesus uses seeds as an analogy for how faith can grow (or not). Thus trees in dreams often symbolize our faith or prosperity if there's fruit in the tree (of course, no symbol is 100% of the time anything, it has to be looked at within the context of the full dream).

Yes, I agree that God can show us our future spouse. In fact, one of our senior moderators (Daph) has posted her testimony of how God prophetically showed her her husband through dreams. Here's the link:

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/f39-husband-testimony

Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:10 am

Amen, I agree with LOLA. Many of us have had dreams to this effect. I suggest that you just ask (how can you resist! LOL) the Lord for confirmation, which, of course, He is always pleased to give you, and until then, keep building up your faith and believe Him. Take what the Lord is saying at face value. May my God bless and keep you, ggyal.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kellsy2004 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 am

Hi ggyal,I'm not a dream interpreter.But I just want to say I'm excited about what God is about to do in your life.Keep us posted when you meet him. happy dance

kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks everyone for their positive comments! I am at a place in God that I have never experienced and know that I am ready for His blessings. The most exciting things however are the prophetic and intercessory things that He is doing in me. Am like a kid in a candy store! Woo-hoo. The marriage/relationship will just be an added bonus. But that's what He said in His word, right guys?.... "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall he added unto you"... I guess He is ready for the ADDING. lol. Am ready Lord!

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:46 am

@ lola... I don't think it is a co-incidence that "you" responded to my post. I'll you why. Yesterday, I felt led to change my status on face book to the following, to encourage anyone who may be struggling with waiting on God for something... "I'll repost it below....

"Hold on to the dream". If God has planted a specific dream in your heart.... hold on to it. It will happen, but in God's time. ..."For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry." Hab. 2:3Yesterday at 8:59am

So when i saw your tagline at the end of your response just now, i was so encouraged.

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:00 am

God is good!

I read your post and I was like, "uh, oh..."...and then I read it laugh

I'm humbled and blessed that the Lord used me to encourage you! :praiseg-d: :hallelujah:

And regarding Matthew 6:33... Amen Amen Amen

Keep us posted on how God is using you and what He's doing in your life! It sounds like an exciting time and can be a wonderful encouragement for us! flower thumbs happy dance :hooray:

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks Kellsy2004! Am excited tooooooooo..... lol. I have an older male platonic friend that I share these types of exciting things with, and He is also thinking that God is ready to bless me with a mate. :). So am watching and waiting.... watching and waiting.... LOL.

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:05 am

lol. Ooops! Sorry lola. didn't mean to startle ya! maybe my choice of words came out wrong with the "you".... lol. It was meant to be an encouragement, and am so glad you saw it how i meant it. lol.

When i saw your bible verse, i was like YES!!!!.... that's the verse I got yesterday. lol. This is way too cool.

Be encouraged too!

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:14 am

without reading others, I would say that the tree you saw speak of healing in your life,emotional and physical and God is visiting you in all your area of needs.

Am excited for you!

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks Peter! i agree. I have been through alot in my young life. Especially emotionally. My mom wanted to abort me when she got pregnant. And because she didn't my dad moved out and left her. And when i was little, my mother would even drive past the house he moved to live with another woman, and she would show me the house and ofcourse i felt like it was my fault. Then i was born 3 months premature, and weighed 3 pounds at birth, so had to be incubated. Then a nurse whom didn't like my mother, unplugged the incubator while i was in it, and my mom came just in time to meet me gasping for air. Twice God spared my life even before i was born.

Then my parents fought violently my entire life and we were forced to hide and run from my father in the dark evenings, sleeping at people's houses, scared he would kill us.

Then when i travelled to another country to do something else with my life, my father moved out the very same morning. wanna know why? I was the only one in the house who would wash his clothes and cook for him and he knew that without me there, my mother was not going to do it. :(. More guilt and trauma.

I had to move back home and get a job to help the house.

Then my mother died when i was 26, leaving me to fend for myself as my father had long gone. Oh did i mention that I was physically abused?

SMH. Then my father and brother said all sorts of nasty things about me after my mother died and i was forced to move out of my home and rent a place of my own, leaving everything behind. But i was glad to do that, after living such a horror all my life. I told a friend recently, that I don't know what it is to be loved by a man, i don't know what that is like.

if it was not for my Pastor who i met when i was 18 and took me as his own daughter, i don;'t think i would be here. He was my everything. And he died this year, leaving me feeling like an orphan all over again.

I got saved at 17 and it has been wonderful because God knows that I maybe would have taken my own life back then with all the pressure.

So all this joy, this faith, these experiences with God, is not a myth, they are birthed out of a horrendous past, and my desire to see some good come out of my life and not to be like my parents.

God is truly the best thing that ever happened to me.

I KNOW that He has good plans for me! I KNOW! I KNOW! as certain as the morning, that he has good plans for me!!!! :):):) Woo-hoooo.

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:33 am

ggyal,

You have been through a lot! But I can see you have much energy and you are having joy, much joy even right now. Dear Child of God you are blessed,I have never heard anyone speak with this much hope, courage and strength. Yes God has BEST for you and the devil can't do anything a bout it. He is defeated and you are so much much free,safe and secure in the arms of God your Father. Whatever The enemy meant for evil God is turning it into gifts and blessings for you. You see, all along God had gifts in mind,and now its time for exchange. You are receiving the best in due time.

God wants to be your security, he wants to establish your identity and totally convince you that you belong to him and no other.

You are his peculiar possesion.

God is very jeloausy over you. He allowed the enemy to come against you so that he can establish you in WHO he is. You are doing great and there is no reason to panic! Everything is under control. You are living in your future,which is glorious and prosperous. Anything that came against you was designed to establish Security , Identity and belonging in God. He is your refuge, Hide in him.

God has love planned for you in every situation you encounter. Even in crisis,even in contradiction of your circumstances, whatever comes to you on your journey, God has made provision for that.

shalom and life to you.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:07 pm

thanks for those words. Really timely. God bless!!!

ggyal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blue504 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:30 pm

The tree represent GOD, He is your protection. The Lord showed you your future spouse and he will be a blessing. The Lord is good! He will continue to bless and heal you. Your experience with the Lord was amazing.

blue504

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Peter's comments Amen

:ilovethissite:

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:58 pm