I would appreciate any insights on thise dream.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I would appreciate any insights on thise dream.

Post by Chinny on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 pm

I had a dream where I and a few other ladies, were making preparations for an expected visit from a dignitary. At first I did not know what was going on, but I joined in the work anyway. As we worked, I realized we were preparing for a visit of some sort. We spread handfuls of gold dust along a path on the floor and tossed personal items such as jewelry, fine leather and some decorative objects along that path; it seems each person gave of their own substance of the items we tossed. However, the gold dust was supplied to all to use but I did not see who supplied it. All I know was that it was available and we used it liberally. An old friend came to work beside me. I have not seen this friend in over 15 years (nor spoken with her in a few years) but she is a dear friend and a true and virtuous christian woman. She is also a Pastor and much loved by those who know her because she is very giving. This friend explained that we were expecting a visit from a Chief (I am Nigerian by birth but have been in the United States for several years and am now a US citizen - in Nigeria, Chiefs are tribal leaders). Before the Chief arrived, I realized I was not properly dressed. I grabbed an old outfit that I brought with me when I came from Nigeria many years ago. This outfit was one of my favorites but is now faded and worn out; but in the dream, its colors were bright and it has a crisp washed and ironed look! I put that outfit on just before the vistors arrived. In Nigeria we show respect to elders and important people by bowing the knee briefly (one knee) in their presence. This dignitary arrived and as we bowed the knee to him and his entourage, he and his entourage also bowed to us in respect and we all bowed for an extended moment - this was an unexpected act of humility on the part of the vistiors. Someone in the group of workers (amongst us) made a heckling/accusing remark at the Chief who responded calmly and by reminding them of a reason why they were not in a position to speak! Though the sense of what was going on was clear, I do not remember the specifics of the conversation between the heckler and the Chief. All I know was that the accuser was silenced. After this scene, there was a feast and all but the accusser seemed to be enjoying themselves. She was well dressed, and held a glass of wine - which she poured out on the grass as I watched, and she had a sulky expression on her face. She seemed to be looking for someone to share her discontent with but there was no-one. The dream ended......Does anyone know what this dream could mean?

Last edited by Chinny on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Chinny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I would appreciate any insights on thise dream.

Post by Godchick on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Hello Chinny!!! :)

I have not taken the dream interpretation test, so please pray about what follows…

Working with the ladies reminds me of when you first got saved, and/or joining the bride of Christ, in ministry. Preparing together for the coming of Christ. The visit you are preparing for seems to me to be for the visit of Jesus. The amount of connotations that the ‘Chief’ and ‘Dignitary’ display relate strongly to Christ. First, he is worthy of our ‘best’, ie, our most precious gifts… and you said that each person used the gold ‘liberally’, and were giving a ‘substance of themselves’, which Jesus is more than worthy of; our treasure and our whole hearts. Your friend who is a pastor, reminds me of the church in general. People who will come alongside you in life and who will be an encouragement to you. She teaches you more about Christ, who it is that you should expect.

You not realising that you are properly dressed makes me wonder, whether you do not feel ready for this visit, for the return of Christ. Perhaps this part of the dream is an urge for you to ‘get ready!’ for Christ’s return. We the church have lots to do to prepare for Jesus’ return. I am now reminded of the parables Jesus spoke in Matthew 25:

1 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’
12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’
13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
The Parable of the Bags of Gold
14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.
19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’
21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Then, the outfit in your dream was renewed, symbolic of Christ renewing you, and clothing you in righteousness. Ultimately, your righteousness (your right standing with God) is not based on your own good works, but on the grace of Jesus Christ. Though we should labour with all our heart to please our Master, so that he would say “well done good and faithful servant”, at the end of the day, we still enter into heaven, based on Christ’s work on the cross, not on our deeds on earth. The Lord is comforting you, in saying that he loves you and that you are clothed in righteousness. The bowing down on one knee is clear, not only that Jesus is worthy of us bowing down to worship him, but also, as he bows back, I am reminded of Phillipians 2:5-10. Please take the time to read this:

Phillipians 2:5-10
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

The person in the group that is heckling, is symbolic of the Devil, who is the ‘Great Accuser.’ In your journey with God, the Devil will always try to pull you down with negativity. As you can see in your dream, the “Chief… responded calmly and…reminded (the Devil) why he is not in a position to speak!”

So often the Devil speaks through people also. The Lord could be warning you that people around you (sometimes even those close to you) can be tools in the Enemy’s hands. In Matt 16, even Peter was used by the Enemy:
21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.
22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”
23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

The Accuser in your dream was even masqueraded as a beautiful woman ‘well dressed.’ This is also true of the Enemy. So often what he offers us, appears and looks attractive (for example temptation in the garden of Eden).

Lastly, the big feast and food is a symbol of rejoicing, celebration and community. There is always reward, peace, and rest when you ‘labour for the Lord’ in life.

Now… all that to say, there are a bunch of my thoughts. I’m sorry if none of it is on track, please pray about it…

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinny on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your insights with me. Your interpretation and the scriptures you sent were very comforting! May God bless and keep you. Amen.

Chinny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godchick on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:47 pm

you\\'re welcome! :praiseg-d:

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Great interpretation, godchick! thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godchick on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Thank you Lola, im so encouraged :)

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinny on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 am

Any more insights and Spirit led impressions on the dream are still welcome. Godchick confirmed some important, general concepts but I believe there is a more specific/direct application - for right now - that can still be revealed. Please don't hesitate to tell me what the Spirit impresses on any of you regarding any general or more specific areas I should be are of.

Chinny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top