Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hiskid

Catholic friend saying Masses for my family??

What do you think? We get cards from the church that say a mass was said for your family

(We are - ex Catholics)

Wrong address?? laugh

(I'm a former Catholic too and my sons still go to Catholic school...at least for now...)

Well, it depends...as you know the Mass Intentions can be done for birthdays, anniversaries, or some other noteworthy event or achievement in one's life. On the other hand, they can be offered to repose the soul of the dead/dying or of non-Catholics (could it have been the "Welcome Back" ministry?). In either case, prayers are offered.

Your subject title made it sound like a friend did this...maybe follow up with them to let them know you were sent the card and in that conversation they may discuss why they requested it?

thinking she may be evangelizing?
She is a customer of my hubby. She knows we are not in that church but are Christian.
I am thankful for any prayer and I listen to Father Tom DiLorenzo in the radio-a Charismatic healing priest who was a friend of Ruth Ward Heflin!
But can anything bad come of it. I am skeptical of praying to Mary/saints
doctrine of purgatory.

yes, those are reasons I'm no longer Catholic as well... bandaid I think I've not heard of Father Tom specifically, but for a quick minute I was involved with the Catholic Charismatic Renewal ministry before I found my current church.

I would receive it as a prayer and nothing else.

Wow Connie I really like that ministry -what I know of it. I may take my aunt who has MS to a healing service there sometime!

if you are in God's will nothing will happen....that would be a kin to
witchcraft....lola21st has some good advice.....