Church Argument

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Church Argument

Post by lola21st on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:14 pm

BACKGROUND - Events have taken place over the last year that have divided our church. Our pastor (who experienced a moral trangression last year and resigned from the church) started a new ministry a couple of months ago because our elders have deemed that he cannot return to our church. I'm disappointed in the way this whole situation has been managed and have decided to move with our pastor to the new church he and his wife have raised up until the day when the two churches are reunited.

I dreamt that I was in my former church attending a service. The back of the sanctuary opened into a store, like a Target where there were coats for sale. The coats were black, fur coats but not attractive - the fur reminded me of the material used to make gorilla costumes. nerd Many people were trying on the coats and there were also matching fur tote bags with cameras in them. I remember thinking the coats were ugly and wondered why people were attracted to them. nerd

I went back into the sanctuary and ran into the wife of the Sr Pastor from my friend’s church. He apparently was now pastoring at this church. (His church is a family founded church and this pastor is the 3rd generation pastor who moved into the Sr Pastor position last year. He’s in his 30’s and is repositioning the church to become a megachurch and is targeting younger people in the church’s outreach efforts. This change in strategy has created some tension among the congregation, particularly with those who are older. Many of the members moved to my church over the years. ) We were talking and I asked her if she was Mrs.Xxxx. She said yes, and I told her that I recognized her from the other church. For some reason, she was annoyed that I knew of their previous church and her countenance changed which confused me because I didn’t mean any disrespect.

The service began and I was sitting next to the head of our prayer ministry. She was quietly interceding for the service and the pastors while the service was taking place (this is a regular occurrence) and I heard her praying that the pastor who was preaching the Word would speak more slowly so that the Word would have more time to soak into the souls of the people. He apparently heard her and made a defensive comment – I don’t remember exactly what he said but the theme of his response was that she had no business critiquing his style. She replied back that what he was doing was of no benefit to the people (i.e., not helping them grow) and it was on – a war of words began between the two. People in the congregation (including myself) were baffled that the service had actually stopped because these two were engaged in an argument. holy moly shocked I was saddened by the exchange and felt that the church was really starting to implode and fall apart. disappointed crying End of dream. (This is not her character at all, she would never engage in an argument and certainly not during a service.)

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Church Argument

Post by Grace010 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:14 am

Lola,
my thought was pls pray against the spirit of division,offense, criticism...we know as a christian we only have one enemy. the enemy could use that sister to attack the church which will cause confusion and division in the church and pls pray for her cause I don't want to say something wrong, I believe you know her very well...God reveals to reedem...sometimes we don't know who the real person is until God reveals....
Pls pray about it and pls toss it if you are not agree
revelation 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.

Blessings!

huggins

Grace010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Lola,

I want to commend you in realizing that none of us are perfect. That you are willing to stick with your Pastor through this is what our Lord would ask us to do. Pray for them and help them through their situation. People forget the Pastors are subject to the same temptations and sins as all of us. They put them on a high horse and expect them to be purfect and when they make a mistake leave them high and dry and with no prayer coverage at a time when they need it most.

I think the dream is showing you that the Church you left has all the fluff and stuff of a real ministry and people are trying it on for size but the truth of the matter is the coats are ugly because it does not posses the power of the Holy Spirit. It is not teaching the things of Christ in truth. Pray for them as they will need your prayers and that of the saints. Pray the Lord would open their eyes to see the truth and to act according to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I believe that the prayer warrior or intercessor will come under attact like mentioned above. Rejoice in the truth and let the Lord guide you with all you do. I will be praying with you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie dove

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Thank you Grace010 and Connie!

Both of you have confirmed some things. The Lord showed me last year through my dreams that there was a divisive spirit in our church before these annoucements were made. And He also showed me that the church has lost its Holy Spirit power and this has manifested as well.

Connie you are right on point, both churches are suffering from the same thing right now which is that they are both operating from their own understanding, they aren't Holy Spirit directed anymore and it's apparent in the decisions that have been made. Both churches have historically done so much for the Kingdom and have been under attack. I think this dream is also warning of more attacks that will involve the Prayer Ministry leader. She is a Prayer Warrior in humble service to the Lord and in the dream she wasn't attempting to be antagonistic, she was praying to the Holy Spirit for a change in the pastor's behavior and he was offended because he misunderstood why she said what she said. Again, operating in his own understanding and will rather than being led by the Holy Spirit...I will definitely be praying for both churches and will ask others to do the same.

And thanks for your comment regarding my pastor. He's repented and completed a period of accountability, counseling, etc. and stepped down so that he and his wife could really sit before the Lord in receiving restoration. The church denomination leadership as well as his spiritual mentors all agreed that it was appropriate for his and his wife to return to active ministry so he was officially released to do so. But our original church has been shockingly unforgiving to a degree I'm amazed by. But God is good, while he gave me these dreams, He has also showed me several times that there will be a new church. I believe that the two churches will eventually reunite - it's clear that God is at work so we're trying to see things for what they are right now and praying for His divine will to be done in the situation, as well as to come against the enemy in this situation.

Thank you both for your prayers!

huggins praying

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace010 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:34 am

Lola,
I am glad that it bears witness with the spirit of God...

thumbs huggins

Grace010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top