Three dreams at differant times! elementry school cafeteria, high school cafeteria, and eating at a hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Three dreams at differant times! elementry school cafeteria, high school cafeteria, and eating at a hotel

Post by rachel07 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 pm

1st Dream: I was at my old elementary school cafeteria getting ready to sit down and eat my food. when i look over and see this grown woman who goes to my church eating it.(the food i was eating was like comfort food) i started to get irritated and angry. cuz i couldn't go and get more food because i want aloud to get it from this other guy who goes to my church.(i wasn't aloud to get it cuz he was serving it, like it wasn't what i needed) then i got up because across the lunch room a group of people were throwing my bible around and i was kind mad and went and got it from them.

2nd Dream: I was nervous to go in the lunch line. I wanted someone to go with me. So i asked someone to go with me and they did. and when it was time for me to get the food they left me cuz they saw other people and got distracted. i was sad and i felt lonely. then finally i got the guts to go and get some food. and as i was lookin around the food looked like it sat out to long under heat lamps. and i decided not to get any. Then i talked to the lunch lady and she said your just gonna have to wait till next hour for the next round of food we put out. Then there was a guy beside her who looked at me and said yea im going to have to wait too. then i just remember seeing people dump there trays in the trash can so orderly. and remembering how they taught us how to do that in elementary school. And how were so trained to do that.

3rd dream: i was in a hotel in there banquet hall and people were telling me how they had food. i was getting kinda annoyed. and by the time i got to the food it was picked over or it was the kind of food your grandma made and you just dont like it. so i just went straight to the deserts really still not getting much.

i had these dreams within one month all seperate i really have no idea what they mean! help

rachel07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Three dreams at differant times! elementry school cafeteria, high school cafeteria, and eating at a hotel

Post by Love's child on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:32 am

Your first two dreams seem pretty clear but before I throughly respond to this I would like to ask you a few questions about your third dream.

What did the hotel/banquet hall look like (do you remember any details)?
What were the people like that were excited about the food?
What type of food was it that you didn't like that reminded you of your grandmas food (vegetables, meat, ect) ?

If you can remember any details you didn't mention it would be helpful!

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Three dreams at differant times! elementry school cafeteria, high school cafeteria, and eating at a hotel

Post by rachel07 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Ok i forgot something for the second one. i remember someone knocking my tray of food over. then i was scared to back in the line and some of the food was vegetables but they werent like fully cooked like when i picked up what seemed like a bannana pepper(i luv them) it was not cooked and like a whole big pepper. In the third dream the hall was kinda run down. like there was like broken chairs and chairs kinda on top of each other. and the carpet u could tell was kinda smelly. Umm the food was like home cooked. like it was also kinda sitting out too. The people that were excited about the food were elders in a church i used to go to in a small town. im not tryin to judge but they were the type just to sit in church and not do much but just hav potlucks and like the belived in God but not much maturing i guess. which reminds me when we did hav potlucks i really didnt like the food and i just would go for the deserts. but in all the dreams they all kinda had buffets ecxept the elemtaray school had comfort food like chicken and mashed potatoes.

rachel07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Love's child on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:37 am

I ask that you pray and see if God illuminates anything to you. I am a firm believer that when God gives a dream, He is the best one to go to for the interpretation. I pray that as you read this the Holy Spirit will show you specific things that I may not write below.

When I read these dreams right away I seen the theme of your desire for spiritual food! You want to learn and grow...

I believe this first dream is showing your frustration in regards to trying to growing spiritually.

I was at my old elementary school cafeteria getting ready to sit down and eat my food. when i look over and see this grown woman who goes to my church eating it.(the food i was eating was like comfort food) i started to get irritated and angry. cuz i couldn't go and get more food because i want aloud to get it from this other guy who goes to my church. (i wasn't aloud to get it cuz he was serving it, like it wasn't what i needed) then i got up because across the lunch room a group of people were throwing my bible around and i was kind mad and went and got it from them.

I believe your elementary school is being used because of the theme of this dream, which I believe is dealing with the scripture:
Hebrews 5:12 6:1
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

In your dream you are desiring to go further in learning the principles of God (it is necessary to learn the elementary teachings before moving on), but unfortunately it seems that “grown women” who should be able to disciple you are “taking your food”… still unskilled and unable to disciple you, because they are still wallowing in elementary teaching when they should have moved on by now. The only thing you were being served is what you called “comfort food”, which allows you to stay in that place of stunted growth (like the grown woman)… but it is not convicting, or stirring to change, nor is it able to build a strong foundation. Perhaps the other guy is representing someone that has the meat of the Word (solid food of substance). You know that you desire to have that food, but you aren’t able to receive it yet because you first must learn the elementary teachings thoroughly (which are: the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment), before you can be given the meat of the Gospel. REMEMBER there is nothing wrong with learning elementary teachings… we need this in order to build upon a strong foundation. The problem is when we never grow from elementary teachings (like the symbolism of the grown woman still stealing food from the “babes” that need it). The end of the first dream summarizes what the dream was about. The people were throwing your Bible around and it upset you. It shows that people are being careless with the Word of God and it upset you because you truly want to learn!

I was nervous to go in the lunch line. I wanted someone to go with me. So i asked someone to go with me and they did. and when it was time for me to get the food they left me cuz they saw other people and got distracted. i was sad and i felt lonely. then finally i got the guts to go and get some food. and as i was lookin around the food looked like it sat out to long under heat lamps. and i decided not to get any. Then i talked to the lunch lady and she said your just gonna have to wait till next hour for the next round of food we put out. Then there was a guy beside her who looked at me and said yea im going to have to wait too. then i just remember seeing people dump there trays in the trash can so orderly. and remembering how they taught us how to do that in elementary school. And how were so trained to do that.

I believe in this phase of your dream you’re looking for a mentor figure that can help train you in the Word. In the second dream you wanted someone to go with you to get food (representing spiritual food), but when it was time the person was not dependable (easily distracted). This caused you to feel sad and lonely, because the people that you are depending on to help you are not mature themselves (causing you to feel isolated maybe?). You decide to still push forward to get food but notice that the food looked like it had sat out to long. This reminds me of the scripture in the Old Testament (Exodus 16) where fresh bread (Manna) was given to Moses and the Israelites as they were traveling to the promise land. God said not to keep the bread until the next day because He would provide new bread (because He gives fresh bread everyday… the Word), but some of them kept it anyway and it instantly became stale with maggots. It appears that once you actually got to where the food was, you recognized that it was old, not fresh revelation from God. In other words it was just old tradition versus fresh revelation knowledge from God. The lunch lady seems to represent someone that is only taken to church religion and is saying when the next “batch of religion” will be served. The other guy may be someone in the same shoes as you… desiring spiritual food. Again, I think the end of the dream sums up what is taking place. The people have been trained to do something orderly (tradition), but in all honesty tradition is just “trash” apart from God.

i was in a hotel in there banquet hall and people were telling me how they had food. i was getting kinda annoyed. and by the time i got to the food it was picked over or it was the kind of food your grandma made and you just dont like it. so i just went straight to the deserts really still not getting much.

By this time it appears that your predisposition to being around “spiritual food” but not being fed has caused you to already be annoyed when you hear the people talking about the “good food” they are receiving. Again I find this interesting because while these people are elders talking about how good the food is... when you go look you see that it is not good food. Although they are older the people are not mature..

Summary:
I believe your dreams show you your desire to learn more about the Word and hindrances that may have been there (it is clear in the dreams that there is a strong desire for spiritual food and to grow). The first 2 dreams were very clear to me, but the third dream seems to be somewhat of a different angle. It seems to be showing a temporary season (hotel) that you have been in where you just haven't been able to get what you are desiring spiritually. Maybe many of the "church people" around you aren't mature and you're craving for more? Pray on what I have said.

For me hotels have represented temporary seasons … perhaps these dreams are a reflection of the season that you have been in. Do you feel like many of the people around your are spiritually immature? Do you have a desire to press further in the Word of God... to a place of maturity? The theme in your dreams defnitely seems to be wanting food (which I believe to be spiritual food) but the only thing is seems you are able to get your hands on is desert (food with no substance). Only you could know the specifics of what God is speaking to you, but I would pray and ask God for direction, to reveal to you what thigns may be hindering you from gaining proper spiritual food, as well as ask God to connect you with the right people that desire more than just religion.

Last edited by Love's child on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rachel07 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:38 am

wooooooooooow! thumbs crying this is so awsome! i hav been in this place(season) for awile! i am only 21 years old. most churches ive been too were the dos and the donts(religion,works) umm it is true bout all the people i am around even older ones no real like revalation with God and his word. Im extremely!!! fustrated and i do feel lonely and some deppression. I hav been praying for some one to mentor me for a long time. but everytime someone can there like you said not dependable and usally it seems im always on my own. (which is not good two r better than one we need some serious acountability partners i know this.) i really dont struggle with sin at all. im always helping others and tryin to be there for them even people who are way older than me!!!! But i really want to grow spiritually. im in a church rite now that i believe is not focoused on the religion. this should help. thank you

rachel07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Love's child on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Be encouraged! I'm glad you believe you are connected at the right church now... continue to pray and God will connect you with like-minded believers and people that can disciple you.

In those times that you feel lonely, remember to push deeper in the things of God. I suggest that you read the book of James and digest it as much as possible. Right away it talks about going through trials and how faith produces patience... and guess what? The Bible says when patience has it's perfect work that you will be complete lacking nothing. In order for me to grasp it better I think of it this way, when a person is trying to build muscle mass (like a bodybuilder) they use heavy weights. The weight causes there to be a resistance, but without resistance strength wont be gained. The trials are like the weights, and the muscle being built is our faith. So it makes sense that James 1:1 says count it all joy when you fall into various trials! See it as an opportunity to grow strong!

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top