A dramatic dream accompanied by a real life sign

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A dramatic dream accompanied by a real life sign

Post by misfit585 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:07 pm

This is the only dream that I remember from my young childhood. It's a dream I'll never be able to forget, especially for the fact that it was accompanied by a dramatic sign. I've tried to read into this dream, and even though I checked online, I was never able to come to a real explaination, especially of the sign that accompanied it.
I dreamt this dream when I was seven. I remember I was shirtless, except for a cape I wore around my neck, like any 7yo. boy playing superman. I fought a lion. It was a giant lion, and was very realistic, and life like. I used no weapon, I killed the lion with my bare hands, through super human strength. I remember feeling bad for the lion, as it colapsed and died, but I think that's only becouse I was a 7 yo. and loved animals.
The really wierd part is that when I woke up, my entire shirt was covered in blood. My 7yo. mind thought that somehow the lion had killed me. I remember walking out of my room and running into my brother. I asked him "Am I dead?" He laughed, and said, "No, your not dead. Last night the cat had her babies on your chest." So that was the sign, which I cant understand. The cat gave birth on a seven year old boy's chest, while he dreamt that he killed a huge lion with his bare hands.

misfit585

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A dramatic dream accompanied by a real life sign

Post by piano on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Misfit,

I just wanted to say how interesting both of your dreams are recently posted.

I had to read this one a few times in order to understand it completely.

I will pray about it.

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:33 am

HI Misfit,

I have not taken the accuracy test.

For your prayerful discernment, discard waht does not rest.
I did pray and while reading today came across some thoughts. These are thoughts, to take or leave.

I may ask a few questions.

You shared a recent return to The Lord.

Do you have a testimony to share that might connect with this memory?
If not, and nothing I write seems to connect, then I have no idea, *add* except if your memory is for something related to the church, which may be recognized in your other dream...

During the time when you were not walking as close, did you find yourself vulnerable to anything specific that might correlate with Samson?

Judges 14:5-7
Samson went down to Timnah together with his father and mother. As they approached the vineyards of Timnah, suddenly a young lion came roaring toward him. The Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon him so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a young goat. But he told neither his father nor his mother what he had done. Then he went down and talked with the woman, and he liked her.

I see the number 7 as divine perfection, and in that His rest.
Sometimes seen as the age of accountability.

When asleep the cat has her "litter" on the most vulnerable area of the sleeping boy, the heart.
He dreams of being a hero with super human strength, but asks if he is dead when he awakes as he perceives injury, bleeding from his chest.

Judges 16:18-19
When Delilah saw that he had told her everything, she sent word to the rulers of the Philistines, “Come back once more; he has told me everything.” So the rulers of the Philistines returned with the silver in their hands. After putting him to sleep on her lap, she called for someone to shave off the seven braids of his hair, and so began to subdue him. And his strength left him.

Sampson had a vow/oath to serve God, and he was a force to be reconned with.
The enemy got a foothold with the women in his life that lead to blindness and bondage.
He was rebellious, vengeful, vulnerable to women and hard headed but when He called out to God in his blindness and bondage, God answered.
The enemy wanted to use him for their own "entertainment", but Gods Glory once again prevailed through Samsons desire for the destruction of God's enemies.

Peace to you,

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit585 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks for your help! I do see now, that I share about all of the same weakness' that Samson had, I never thought to correlate my dreams with specific personalities from the Bible, but it makes perfect sense. God wrote the Bible to teach us, so it would make sense that a person could grasp similarities between Biblical persons and themselves. In fact, right around that time is when I turned more carnal and rebellious. That opens a whole new avenue of thought for me, I could be busy for months with this new info. So if that's true, then I'm sure I could learn alot from reading about Samson again. Thanks!

misfit585

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Misfit,

The dream reminded me of Samson killing the lion, sure.

Thats why praying over what anyone writes is a good thing.

I dont see a 7 year old as carnal, personally.
Accountable to being able to understand the gospel, yes.
I was looking at that symbolically, perhaps as a time of rest in your life that you seemed to be at peak of strength, but in some way became vulnerable... as an adult.

Samson is not the only person who was ever hardheaded or rebellious.
God gave him the abilities that made him unique to serve His good purpose.

David also killed lions, and, at a very young age, as well as the giant Phillistine, right?
He wasn't perfect either.

He has a purpose for your life that is unique to you.

I am certain, if The Lord wants to show you something about any of your dreams when you ask him, He will.
I enjoy reading and interpreting dreams, but unless I am certain, I will just give my thoughts on it..it is up to the dreamer to discern.

Peace,
Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misfit585 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:55 am

Thank you for your time and help you da man!

misfit585

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top