Losing weight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Losing weight

Post by Delightful soul on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi all,

I just want to say that so far I have lost 4.9 kilos (nearly 10 pounds) on my new eating plan and am so happy.

I'm feeling better too in my body.

Just wanted to thank you lovely ladies who encouraged me to go to WW.

It's been really helpful having that accountability and hope and believe i shall continue.

Thanks!

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Losing weight

Post by Cholette on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Congrats DS!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiskid on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Great job DS! My mom is doing WW now too!
I was "Stuck" at my pre-baby weight for a year and then I lost 5 lbs -just by being on a dairy free diet no cheese/cocoa /pizza/ ice cream.
I do 20 minutes on the treadmill a few times a week listening to goofy old music-"I wanna be rich" by Calloway on youtube
Lionel Ritchie "I call it love" and even Britney Spears "Lucky"I love the videos!- I pray for her and her sons!
I heard a Lisa Bevere say she asked God for her best weight and He told her.I will do it !

Hiskid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Congrats and ask Jesus to be your coach. No one better than that.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mjtorrence on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Way to go we is a awesome plan 

mjtorrence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks, it is interesting though, how God is using me even in WW to show me the broken hearts of women who feel they have to be skinny in order to be beautiful. I have worked years on myself and so has God to get me to a place where I can look at myself and see the gift in myself that God has given me, His temple. God is showing me sooo much, that I can be an influence. I have started a group already online with 14 members so far and I think I want to help others with eating disorders by being an example of right thinking. God keeps speaking to me through songs of late everytime i turn on the radio a song comes on about being beautiful, even when I have turned on a secular station, there is a song on about beautiful women......there are sooo many women who want to lose weight to please society rather than for health reasons, I was one of them... But I am starting to see that my goals for being healthy have to be just that, not to appear sexy or in fashion or acceptable to those who deem beauty as a size ratio but to look after my body as the temple that is fearfully and wonderfully made by God of the Holy spirit...amen!

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiskid on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:27 pm

How is WW going?

Hiskid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 am

Good, thanks, yeah i have plateaued but weigh in in two days so time will tell........I'm having to eat a little less now to lose weight so this is challenging around christmas......

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:12 pm

But I am starting to see that my goals for being healthy have to be just that, not to appear sexy or in fashion or acceptable to those who deem beauty as a size ratio but to look after my body as the temple that is fearfully and wonderfully made by God of the Holy spirit...amen!

Amen! Everytime I focus on being healthy (which is a long-term, life changing goal), I'm successful in losing weight. But the moment I start to get disappointed because I can't fit into (fill in the blank) or otherwise turn the goal into a fashion or beauty focus, I go off track because I'm impatient in this area, I want to see results in 5 minutes... lol!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 pm

BTW, congratulations DS on your weight loss so far! I was recently on WW and lost 12 pounds but our group disbanded because we didn't have enough numbers to continue having an "At work" group. I intend to resurrect my exercise routine this week - I'm on Christmas break at the end of this week through New Year's so plan to get more serious about just being active...my work hours are kind of crazy these days so it's hard to fit it in but I have to keep trying different things until I find some things that click (and continue doing them). I've found some things but need to keep doing them regularly so that they can have an impact.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top