Victoria Osteen God Said The Publicity Would Turn Around for their Benefit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Victoria Osteen God Said The Publicity Would Turn Around for their Benefit

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:23 pm

I am so excited that we heard from GOD!

Have you ever wondered what the truth of a situation was? I just want to share an AWESOME testimony with y'all! On Tuesday we were in intercession and I suddenly felt the Lord say, that this suit against Victoria Osteen is going to amount to nothing more than publicity that He would turn to their benefit.

Right after I heard this in the spirit, my pastor starts praying that VERY thing.

I couldn't help it. In the middle of her prayer I started jumping up and down and praising God because I knew He said it, He decreed it, and it was done!!!!!!!! Hallelujah. I even had to apologize to her after the prayer meeting was over for interrupting her because I KNEW that it was done so throughly I told her it was like a guy watching a touchdown. I wanted to scream, SCORE!!!!!!!!! Actually, I apologized several times because I was so EXCITED when I heard from God that I just erupted into celebration!

SO then at church last night the pastor was talking about this and I spoke up and prophesied what happened in the prayer meeting. That this thing was done, God said He was going to use it for the Glory of the Kingdom and that was the answer!!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Shout one time for the HOME TEAM, Y'ALL!!!! GOD ROCKS!

Update:

Since posting this, a few people have asked me about the Osteen's and my opinion of them and the prosperity gospel.

First, when the Lord gave me this prophecy the message was that the evil people who were out to harm God's kingdom weren't going to win. The Osteen's have thousands of members in their church. You better believe those people are God's people and they would have been hurt by this thing had the side of evil prevailed. God cares about those people and He cares about justice being done. Not only does He care about justice being done, because the Osteen's suffered unjustly (whether we agree with their doctrine or not - people do not deserve to be lied about, sued, and to go through what the Osteen's went through as a result of greedy people trying to cash in) God did what He does, HE gave them DOUBLE for their trouble. As a result of what they went through, God said He was going to use it for their benefit. THAT excites me.

When God stands up and says, "Wait a minute. That's not right. Oh no. It's not going to happen like that. I'm turning this business around."

When I see Him stand up and say WAIT A MINUTE. When God says the home team is going to win and when I see Him get personally involved with correcting a wrong - I GET EXCITED! Seeing GOD HIMSELF move makes me excited.

Seeing Him move for Joel and Victoria makes me excited because I believe the Osteens are on the hometeam. Even though they can't possibly be a doctrinally perfect church, I still know they are on the hometeam. We need to stop letting doctrinal differences divide us. These people believe in Jesus Christ - that makes them on the home team. We are to be a united church. Unity! The bible says the church won't have it all together until RIGHT BEFORE Jesus returns and that will happen during the time of the great revival. Which means they are as human as the rest of us are. Even if we like to think we have the perfectly-balanced-true doctrine, we probably don't. The only thing that really matters is LOVE. Do they love people? Are they helping the hurting? They must be or else their church wouldn't be so big. Think about it yourself. Would you be more likely to go where your life is encouraged and you feel loved, or would you go to a church where there is no spiritual growth at all?

I've watched Joel preach on the television about a dozen or so times. In that time, I never heard him preach about money. His messages were generally uplifting messages of encouragment. This is a good sign that he isn't all about the money gospel because preachers who are out of balance ONLY preach on money. Again, I don't know for sure , I've only seen him preach about a dozen times, but when I have seen him preach he didn't strike me as someone who is disgustingly out of balance. I was uplifted by his message. There are some preachers who are so blatantly phoney and fake and in it for the money that their preaching makes my stomach turn. Joel does not strike me that way but I'm not looking for his flaws either. The bible says that love believes the best in all. I choose to beleive the best of them.

The people who are talking badly about the Osteens by criticizing and condemning them are definitely out of line. Instead of thinking about their ugly comments for one minute think about what the bible says about criticism: Let no unwholesome words proceed out of your mouth. Only that which is good to the use of edifying that it man minister grace unto the hearers. As soon as we see people talking ugly it should register instantly in our hearts where the problem truly lies.

God told me a long time ago that He gives us discernment to know the good from the bad so that we don't have say to ugly things about anyone. Bank tellers can spot a counterfeit bill immediately. Do you know why? Because they KNOW the real thing. If you know the real thing, you won't have to worry about being duped and you don't have to worry about anyone else being duped. If they know God they will know the truth. If they don't know God then that is where the problem truly lie. The people who say they are trying to protect the church by pointing out the error in others are completely going against the word of God by doing so.

My personal opinoin about prosperity:

I believe that the Lord wants us to seek His face and not His hand but when we seek His face His hand is always open.

This scripture is about prosperity preachers:

False Teaching and True Riches (New Living Translation)

Teach these things, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. 3Some people may contradict our teaching, but these are the wholesome teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. These teachings promote a godly life. 4Anyone who teaches something different is arrogant and lacks understanding. Such a person has an unhealthy desire to quibble over the meaning of words. (This is talking about preachers bending scriptures to suit their agendas.)This stirs up arguments ending in jealousy, division, slander, and evil suspicions. 5These people always cause trouble. Their minds are corrupt, and they have turned their backs on the truth. To them, a show of godliness is just a way to become wealthy.

6Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 7After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 8So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

9But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

It makes it pretty plain and simple.

With that said, God blessed Solomon with everything a person could think of. Why? His motives were right. He wasn't greedy. See, if your motives are greedy then you will not ever get anything from God.

You have not because you ask not, or you ask with wrong motives.

My opinion of the prosperity gospel: I believe that the Lord wants us to prosper and be in health even as our souls prosper but some preachers are wayyyyyyy overboard and out of balance.

Brethren, do not speak evil about or accuse one another. (If you have the same Father, you are brethren.)

Unity and Maturity in the Body of Christ

1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
(What Paul is saying is this: These things are what really matters: One Lord, One Faith, One baptism, One God One Father. Do you agree on these important aspects? Then, we are brothers and we should act as though we are.)

7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it says:
“When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people.”
9 (What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 9 times in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Victoria Osteen God Said The Publicity Would Turn Around for their Benefit

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:55 pm

WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH! PRAISE THE LORD AMEN!!!!!!
:clap:

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:04 pm

That is so awesome!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhh! praiseGod

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:38 am

was this a case in 2008? Or is it a different one?

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:00 am

The original post is updated.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by maddyathome1 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:56 am

Mia, I like your heart in this. It is so easy to criticise others and be so blind concerning ourselves. Of course we do need to exercise discernment but it has to come from a loving and humble heart if we are to avoid embracing a critical spirit. Thanks for sharing, I am new to this site and grateful for your obedience. thumbs

maddyathome1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Maddy,

Exactly. When religion gets in the way of love, there is always a problem. Discernment is exactly what we need to exercise, not backbiting and criticism.

I'm so glad you are heart. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Don't be a stranger.

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Good wholesome edifying word. I believe it is good that you shared this on the forum. God Bless you Mia.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:50 pm

God bless you too Linda!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi Mia,

I had a dream, a lovely, warm, love filled dream - the details of it are not important for what I want to share with you.... At the end, I saw a porcelain picture of a smiling man with a bowl of strawberries and cream in front of him. On the table was a young white cat that dipped a paw into his cream. It was a picture that had the feel of a 1950's picture, or a biscuit tin lid... anyway, when I was waking up I heard a name and when I was writing it down I was trying to grasp it, I knew that I was blank on the beginning but the ending was steve... or steen... or osteen. When I wrote osteen, I thought that was right. The dream made me feel happy and hopeful.

I logged onto here and saw this post... I didn't know Joel and Victoria Osteen existed. I had never heard of them or seen them. When I read the word Osteen, I thought it looked familiar and went and got the piece of paper to look... I was blown away that it was the same!

I looked up a photo of Joel Osteen... there is one of him smiling, sitting at a desk. It was him! (There was not one of him with a bowl of strawberries and cream or a cat, which I was disappointed about :o) but I know it was him)

I went Wow... and then "what now?"

I went today to a friends house and we had a wonderful God conversation, there was a question (a faith question) in our hearts though, and we both felt it.

When I came home, I decided to look up Joel Osteen's teachings to see if there was anything worthwhile there - I usually don't have much time for televangelists, (which I believed him to be) so I didn't expect much.

I listened to a sermon on the faithfulness of God and now I know. God knows my heart, he knew the questions in it and he prepared the answer before I even allowed myself to voice them properly. And, he didn't just let me stumble on them from a known source. I feel a lightness in my spirit and my faith has multiplied!

I love him... I praise him and give him glory... he is a truly intimate and loving God!

Thanks Mia for posting this... I love the heart behind it too... and just as an aside, God used it to bless me! :o)

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:16 am

Diane,

Glory to God!!! What an awesome testimony! I love how He did this.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top