steak an eggs,,,an thitheing,,,

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

steak an eggs,,,an thitheing,,,

Post by dreamster on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:54 am

lol! ...i was cookin 4 about 7 ppl ,,doin steak an eggs,, talkin 2 them then i said if u really wanna be blest ,,,''thithe an give'' i thort id neva say those werds,,

Last edited by dreamster on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: steak an eggs,,,an thitheing,,,

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:27 am

I know this sounds a little different, Dreamyone, but it sort of put me in mind of Joseph's situation after he interpreted Pharoah's dream. Kind of like, God has given you a plan to survive the years of lack from the world's financial situation, but if you really want to make sure that heaven's window is open to you, start tithing and offering. Or like Jesus, who miraculously fed the 5,000 with two fish and five loaves of bread, but who was giving (preparing the disciples) them an example, to better grasp the information that they needed to fish for men on their own. Nothing is ever done apart from God, whether it is physical food that we seek, or spiritual food-even how we receive it has a methodology to it. For the children, it is tithing and offering. I just woke up, so I pretty much said it jumbled. But you were sermonising in your dream, huh, dreamy? This was a pretty protein-packed (meaty) one, a complex meal to digest, that will benefit them, but they have to remember the basic means of a promise of blessing comes from knowing Jesus as Saviour and Lord, but also that they can do all of the other things, but neglect to tithe, and offer, not only are we robbing God, we are robbing ourselves of protection and blessings. Bring the tithes to the storehouse that my house may have meat.

Breaking Covenant by Withholding Tithes
6 “I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. 7 Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the LORD Almighty.
“But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’

8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.

“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’

“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the LORD Almighty.

Israel Speaks Arrogantly Against God
13 “You have spoken arrogantly against me,” says the LORD.
“Yet you ask, ‘What have we said against you?’

14 “You have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What do we gain by carrying out his requirements and going about like mourners before the LORD Almighty? 15 But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly evildoers prosper, and even when they put God to the test, they get away with it.’”

The Faithful Remnant
16 Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name.
17 “On the day when I act,” says the LORD Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him. 18 And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

Last edited by HisLightbeam on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding to the text)

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:03 pm

How do we tithe when the money earner in the house isn't saved? I give when I can and I do give food and possessions that someone needs that I don't need. I often give to charities that I can do while buying my groceries on the debit card.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:20 pm

There are actually unsaved people that tithe, and because they do, rest assured, they are blessed. You can tithe anything, time, possessions, etc, but they should be going into the Lord's house. Also, anything you give to others, I would (I) consider an alms, a gift of charity (love), remember when Cornelius did a thanksgiving offering, and God remembered him, then sent Peter to give him the gospel?

If your situation is such that the money earner isn't saved and doesn't want to tithe, you can always do what God puts on your heart to do until your conscience convinces you to do otherwise, or your person income changes to where you can tithe, Hind's feet.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:21 pm

My husband is saved, but we don't see eye to eye on the tithing thing, and it really bothered me. Finally two years ago I asked him if it was ok If I tithed on my income, (we both have jobs outside the home) and his answer to me was, "do what you want".

I told my husband that what I really wanted was his blessing, and a few days later he came up to me and told me that If I really felt that strongly about it, that yes, he would give me his blessing on my tithing.

Of course we are under grace, but this is a freedom to tithe, because spiritual law says what you sow you reap and God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. Only good can come of tithing. Only good can come of believing the scriptures above. Amen

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:23 pm

by the way those scriptures are awesome Lightbeam....amen

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Thank you guys, my husband doesn't have a problem with giving food and stuff to the poor in the ministries to the poor at church, as far as I know!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Amen, Linda-love! Long time, no hear. How are you! I see you ministering on here! ;)

And hind's feet, just have a conversation with your husband. Maybe the Lord will gave you grace in his eyes and he will agree that tithing is beneficial to you as a family.

Personally, I messed around and skipped a tithe, and while I was under attack, I had a hedge, but when I skipped that tithe, all Hell broke loose in my life. Seriously. It was a gold refining lesson. I tithe right now. Today. I am not trying to stop, or shop or opt for any other sacrifice. The devil was trying to kill me, but the Lord was merciful and stopped the madness. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Amen Amen Amen.....
Yes...God bless you Lightbeam, I am so glad to be able to visit Mia's site again. I was finishing a project that God had me working on, the book, and it was finally published in June and then we had the revisions to make. I set aside reading and other interests to complete the thing that God put in my lap. My husband has edited Christian books before but this is our first together. I feel happy to visit and be a part of this site again. God bless!!!!!

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 pm

So we can count on your help for our own little edits! Yah! LOL...Congratulations on the book-where is it sold, and what is the name of it?

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 pm

PRAISE Yah!!!
I will have to talk to him. There was a time that we were tithing, that he allowed it and I didn't really understand how God works in peoples lives so I didn't really understand that God was the one that got all our debts payed off and even had savings... Now we are even worse in debt than we have ever been!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:20 pm

daang daang danng swtys,,, lol! ,,i kno im late but i cant getta werd in edgeways hummashia,, i didnt intend 4 this 2 become a theologikal debate,, but ptl 4 all urs input,, um carry on ,,i guess, hugs all round,, D lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Amen and Amen Mr. Dreamy. Look what you started!!! Lol

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:34 pm

its supposed 2 be all about meeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol! ,,, um gurls r

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 pm

lol! ,,i kno l/i... if only ma othdrms got such milage ,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:38 am

ROTFL Too funny ya'll!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 am

Watch there, now, dreamy! :ignore: You know I can on target but, I guess I did get all sideways. :bible:

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:27 am

flower lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 am

lol! but the drm ,,,dont 4get ma drm ,, ,,,,,,D lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:51 am

Hey D! SmileyCentral.com I've been gone a few days so I've been missing out on this conversation. I was wondering if it's too late to place a request for a medium rare steak SmileyCentral.comand some scrambled eggs?SmileyCentral.com

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:33 am

lol! i kood so eat those econs ohh med rare mi fav luv it that way,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Ok Dreamster, Your dream. You know its true, and in the dream you are telling others that the way to be really blessed is to tithe....the milk is to read the word of God but meat is for the mature spirit man to grow, the meat is doing the will of God.
(paraphrased)

We all know that we are free in Christ, but tithing is a good thing and it is stepping out in faith, it is like meat.

What do you think God is telling you in your dream?....

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:26 pm

L/i,,,,i feel i was feedin ppl meat/eggs which r hi protein ,,then i spoke a werd ,,it was likea revelation werd,, ,,, ive struggled wiv thithg becos of ppl tellin me i hav2 an was cursed if i didnt ,,so ive that aspect 4 sum time now ,,,, i wanted to on many occasion ,, but he dont,, i guess i;ll be teachin/preachin on it sumtime ,, till then i;ll labour 2 enter his rest lol! D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:51 pm

I know what you mean on not doing something because people say that you have to or else... I struggle with stuff like that too, I want to do stuff that God tells me to do because I want to and not because I'm guilted into it. Also one reason I struggle with tithing is because Yeshua says not to tithe out of need... I'm in GREAT need and I'm wary of tithing because I don't know if my motives for it would be what is right.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:59 pm

good point,, wen i was accosted by a forma ''pasta'' 4 not thitheing any more..[he cheked church bankin records] ,,i pointed out that every 3 yrs the preists distributed the thithe money 2 the poor,, ,,funny how he said that didnt apply no more ,, but offerings 4 wateva +thitheing was mandatory ugh,, no wonda i hav issues , unptl,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top