could not find a place at church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

could not find a place at church

Post by Dee on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi, I recently had a dream where I was trying to do some kind of ministry in the large church we attend. It"s fuzzy on what exactly the ministry was ,though I think it had to do with the arts. Everywhere I went with my group trying to practice, people kept coming and asking us to move. Sooo we would go to another area and the same thing would happen. This happened over and over again. We just kept moving, that was the end of the dream. What ya think?

Dee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: could not find a place at church

Post by Lori Lane on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Are you new to the church? Are you feeling out of place and don't feel like there is room for your gift? Is the timining off? Just some questions.

Love, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 am

Yes, we are pretty new, and have never really connected there. I do believe I feel out of place, and there really isn't room for my gifts. This is a wonderful church and they are doing some great things for God, I do think maybe I'm not just feeling but am out of place. What did you mean by timing?

Dee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:13 am

Hello Dee, I understand where you are, I too am new to State and Church and am going through some similar issues.

Perphaps if you are out of place, and in your dream are being asked to move, maybe you need to move to another church that is more fitting to you and what the Lord has called you to.

The timing was a question only for you to consider and what I meant by it was that sometimes we get ahead of God and the ones He has placed us with and the timining is off so when we try to step out to soon we feel out of place or disconnected. This is something the Lord is going to have to tell you, I only brought it up as a question and something for you to consider and pray about.

Dee, my heart is with you. We move a lot due to my husbands job and I go through the process of having to find what church God wants me at and then the difficulty of finding my place in the church to do what God has called me to. And sometimes the church I am at is not a match and other times just the timing is off and I have to wait on God and the ones He has placed me with. To me that is the hardest part as I am not very good at waiting. :heehee God Bless you, Love in Jesus, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:40 am

ive found some churches to be more of a special social club than wat they are intended to be,would you consider changing church if you dont find a place there? flower D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:56 am

If I could not find a place in the church, I would only leave if I felt God told me to. I would also be very careful how I left, I would leave on good terms and with good feelings. One thing I know about myself, is God created me to do certain things in this earth and when I am unable to do those certain things or use the gifts He has given me, I get depressed, it is the Lords will that we fashion in which He deisgned us. We were meant to use the gifts God has given but at the same time, we still have to fit into a body of believers and honor them.

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top