How much confirmation does one really get re: a calling?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How much confirmation does one really get re: a calling?

Post by KDRE on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:33 pm

On my way to read. It really is a learning process isnt it?

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:04 pm

It is a learning process and it is so exciting...My favorite topic of conversation, in the whole world is God, my favorite thing to contemplate and persue...and sometimes I think I may be obsessive compulsive about God, and If so, then I am just the fortunate one!!! lol, God bless you on your adventures as well. Linda

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Linda,
Definitely, this present time, the church has risen from her slumber and has dressed herself into Godīs glory, grace, truth and righteousness, from a sleeping beauty into a glorious bride and warrior of God. She is about to face the final and the last battle of the ages. Absolutely, she is going to win with her LORD.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:17 pm

Linda what a story... thats what you call being led by God

Of course he is so wonderful and has done so much for us all, that its pretty easy to talk about God all day long. As a matter of fact I think we've done that here today, even if this thread is only 2 pages long lol.

I believe you have to be somewhat obsessed with the Lord to really get in that special place... its not easy getting there but worth it when you have it. .

Me myself, without his spirit and his anointing, I just dont know what i'd do. I just love Jesus.

Linda do you have those kinds of strong visions more often than when you were younger in the Lord?

@owen, I can't reply to your PM. Im working on that post count :)

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:30 pm

I was raised with little understanding in Christianity or spiritual things but at 22 I screamed out to God to prove that He was and God bless His heart He did. I hear God as much today as I did in my younger days, it is relational to my closeness. God woke me up two Thursdays ago and told me there was going to be an accident, I knew God mean a crash and I interceded in prayer, a few hours later I called my friend that I meet for lunch every Friday and she couldnt talk, her daughter had just been in a car crash. She is a teacher who was on a field trip.The next morning my sister was in a wreck and totalled out her new car that her husband had just bought her.
I am learning to pray immediately for God's divine will, whenever I have a disturbin vision or dream...I know God calls us to intercede for us often.
My job is to continue to fast bad thoughts and renew my mind regularly with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and to stay stay stay with the Holy Spirit...

Hope this helps. God Bless

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Owen...absolutely. It is exciting times that we are in!!! I am keeping my eyes on God. I so love Him. Watching the sky...just like the farmers do with their crops and knowing the weather...

Knowing the times we are in is exciting. Knowing what Christ has done for us is exciting!!!

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:45 pm

It all helps believe it or not.

Learning to listen well seems to be a very important key to me now. Its one thing to hear clear instructions I try to spend some time in prayer everyday or talk to him at times throughout the day, if I cant get to that place (altar)in my home.

As I prayed for someone I called up to the prayer line on Sunday night, he later told me afterwards that everything I prayed for, was exactly what he had been praying for, in his prayer closet.

It was a surprise to me being that, I had no clue at all. Seems like there is no way to pinpoint how God works in this office at any particular time

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:09 pm

I love it when that happens and every time it helps to build our faith that God is moving our brother or sister in the Lord in the same way with sometimes the very same thoughts.

It is good talking to you brother, you sound like a very involved man of God, I pray God continues to empower and enlighten you, and us all, in the mysteries of god. In Jesus name. Amen

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Amen... likewise Linda

Its been real fun today

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi, only just reading this thread now and love the discussion!
That dream about Pastor and the church, was definitely disturbing
to me. I believe someone here mentioned to pray for the situations
and I had a peace with that advice, because prayer is definitely
one thing I can do if nothing else.

I was told that the more you grow into this type of a calling, that the more these kinds of dreams happen to you. Is that true for any of you here?
Yep, happens to me a lot. Like you, prayer is often the main thing I need to (or can) do, but in some instances I'm starting to really get the urge to speak out. Getting the detailed behind-the-scenes type of dreams used to (and sometimes still do) freak me out but He does have a reason for it. I'm learning to keep most of the things He reveals close to my heart and pray over them as many of the things He shares are not ready to be brought out into the open (yet). I just record everything and wait for His instructions. I've had some great interps/comments here at times too which helps too:)
It's such a learning curve indeed. Push past the fear, that's been a major thing thrown at me to stop me from stepping out.. (preaching at myself here;)
God bless you!!

Last edited by traveller on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add line)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:14 am

Linda Irish wrote:Owen...absolutely. It is exciting times that we are in!!! I am keeping my eyes on God. I so love Him. Watching the sky...just like the farmers do with their crops and knowing the weather...

Knowing the times we are in is exciting. Knowing what Christ has done for us is exciting!!!

Linda, i believe following God is the most exciting, fulfilling, liberating, adventurous, overwhelming life we can ever know and walk here on earth. And it worth the cause because it is all that matters in this life. Wordly gains will become pale compared to Godīs glory.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:36 am

KDRE wrote:
I was told that the more you grow into this type of a calling, that the more these kinds of dreams happen to you. Is that true for any of you here?

KDRE,
One of the biblical foundation of prophetic ministry has anchored in this verse:

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Dreams, visions and prophecy are becoming common and usual to those who walk in prophetic ministry. It is evident in the first century church in the book of Acts. The Holy Spirit has led the 1st century church in this way to her victory. It is not surprising to know and to have prophecies, visions, dreams, even trances like Peter among us, the church, because it is one of the major ways that God speaks to His church. And these gifts has been growing and increasing since prophetic revival.

In my experience, God encourages me in this way. He speaks to me in prophetic utterance through others, and has given me dreams. I believe the key factor for this is to grow in knowing and recognizing His touch and His voice with in. And sometimes, I suffer the consequence for not paying attention on it. Or sometimes, I deliberately missed it.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:04 am

KDRE wrote:

I definitely see it as a problem that our church has willfully accepted a crippled 5 fold ministry and made it into a 3 fold ministry (pastor teacher evangelist)

You are right. the church is lame just having pastor, teacher, and, evangelist. I am not saying they are not important, yes they are, we need them for our maturity.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone];

Prophets play a very crucial role in building and strengthening the foudation of the church. It is very interesting that prophets are mentioned more than 60 times in the NT and more than 150 times in OT, and pastor is mentioned once in the NT and 8 times in OT(KJ version).

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:43 am

traveller wrote:Hi, only just reading this thread now and love the discussion!
That dream about Pastor and the church, was definitely disturbing
to me. I believe someone here mentioned to pray for the situations
and I had a peace with that advice, because prayer is definitely
one thing I can do if nothing else.

Yep, happens to me a lot. Like you, prayer is often the main thing I need to (or can) do, but in some instances I'm starting to really get the urge to speak out. Getting the detailed behind-the-scenes type of dreams used to (and sometimes still do) freak me out but He does have a reason for it. I'm learning to keep most of the things He reveals close to my heart and pray over them as many of the things He shares are not ready to be brought out into the open (yet). I just record everything and wait for His instructions. I've had some great interps/comments here at times too which helps too:)
It's such a learning curve indeed. Push past the fear, that's been a major thing thrown at me to stop me from stepping out.. (preaching at myself here;)
God bless you!!

Hey traveller

Thanks for joining in on the discussion. I guess Im not alone hahaha

I also guess that I must be somewhere in the prophetic mix to keep up with you guys in this discussion because it would throw the average person for a loop.

Since you mentioned stepping out, Im guessing Linda started something here, because I really plan to get into a good prayer before year end about doing more of that next year. I just want to operate in my gifts much more next year than I did this year.

@Owen interesting quotes sir
Where do you get all of this information from lol.. its good to know all of that stuff
so thanks for sharing with me.

....and yes, I just see the church is missing something without the prophet and the apostle. I dont believe in crippling God's 5 fingers (five fold ministry). Maybe thats the reason that im being prepped for something in the future.

Most of the dreams that I've had this year was always at someone's church (never know who it is, nor do I see a face) and I can tell I had just finished preaching, but I see myself praying for people in the prayer line, sometimes with detailed things like, casting out a demon from someone, laying hands on someone, someone on their knee crying as I start praying.

I never know what it all means though since it just comes whenever it wants to, and ends abruptly after I recognize whats happening.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Linda

I got your PM but still can't respond... Look forward to checking it out so you know :)

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 am

You know, i feel no emotions sometimes when I see certain things or whatever. Sometimes I wonder if im supposed to or not just, just thinking about this dream again...

I remember running across this over the past 2 weeks or so

Number 12:6
And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

I pray to God that this all ends up that this has happened to me this particular time because God wants to operate through me next year in this. Im not satisfied with church as is without him

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi Linda

Sorry for posting this here, but I am still not able to reply to anyone's PMs

you are free to email me @andre.key@ge.com

...Linda Yes I am involved in the ministry

I am not a pastor though, so sorry if I happened to confuse anyone on that matter... linda

you can either email me or continue either way you choose to communicate.. how many posts do i need before i can PM anyway?

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:41 pm

I think 50 posts.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks Owen... im a far ways away but im chipping at it

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:54 pm

If you have another dream, post it.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Will do man... since its been more frequent than in the past, I sure will be posting here. You ladies and gents have been awesome!

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:00 pm

I believe this dream is foretelling another real life confirmation in which you will have the same reaction that you had in this dream, which might have been skeptsism?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi Mia

You're in the right direction

That may be the right word. Its almost like I really need God to concrete me on this thing and then show me what to do. Does that make sense??

I know what he told me, showed me... I don't doubt that part. Its beyond that, where I really need to see God ... You might be absolutely right

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:14 pm

I believe this is Godly wisdom for you:

God has given you a gift. He is going to open the doors that need opening. Stop worrying about putting a label on it. Just operate in the gifts that you have and the rest will all work itself out. I do know that you are called into the ministry, where it works out to be doesn't matter. Just work toward the goal of buidling God's kingdom knowing that you are called.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:33 pm

I accept that Mia

There isn't much I can say to that

Thank You for coming into this thread and sharing... I feel apart of you all :).

Can't say I'm not better of after these forums and this site.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top