How much confirmation does one really get re: a calling?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How much confirmation does one really get re: a calling?

Post by KDRE on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:40 am

Hey all...

I do realize thats kind of an odd question but it pertains to a dream I just had 2 nights ago.

I know what i've read in the scripture, I know what was opened up to me in our bible study classes about the gifts and the 5 fold ministry, talk with one of my own leaders, etc....

2 nights ago I had a dream I was in a grocery story (in the freezer section; I have no idea why it was there). I remember myself having on black pants/slacks and shoes and a white shirt as if it was a couple of hours or so after service and i took off my coat and necktie.

As my wife and I were looking at the freezers a lady walks by with her son and says, you guys just left church didnt you. I dont remember answering her but I do remember thinking we surely did come from church. She said everything would be okay... now what I felt was, my wife and I had some kind of a disagreement earlier before going to the store, but this is just a breif thing running through my mind she was referring to.. and how she knew, I have no idea.

So we all of a sudden end up in my car and I look over and see the lady again walking down the street with her son holding his hand (he was a young boy). She's coming from the passenger side of the card but on the way towards us she says to me, "YOU" talking to me. She says "you are a prophet"

So I look at my wife and says, here we go... I said I dont know this lady and I've never seen her before in my life. As I say this she walks around to my side of the car so I let the window down not to be rude. I remember noticing her having on some foundation type makeup on and a bump on her cheek (dont know I just remember seeing it thats all)

She then stops at my window and says, "The Lord wanted me to tell you its not a coincidence that we met" She was referring to us crossing paths in the grocery store.

Then she mentions about 3 or4 more times "You are definitely a prophet" in those words, and that was the end of it.

I remembered some of the things I read here and did not dismiss what I remembered. As you can see there are small details in there for it to be some random dream.

Would you consider this some kind of a confirmation or assurance because of doubt?
Ill tell you now, I dont prophesy in services or go off into word of knowledge and speak into a persons present and future as some of you all may, but Ive only spoke in tongues and intepreted here and there, and even delivered a quick "the spirit of God says this" to a small group in the midst of an outpouring once ...but for the most part I continue to seek God and share my desire to him to be used in certain areas if he wills.

I just want to make sense of how all of these things that happen come together. I feel like a man on an island when I try to explain it to anyone,but as I said earlier... you know I know what i saw.

I appreciate any responses. Just trying to move forward and continue to grow.

Thanks all and God Bless

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much confirmation does one really get re: a calling?

Post by Hiskid on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:24 pm

I think it is confirmation form God. if you need more confirmation just ask He's God! When I was about to quit school I dreamed Myles Munro told me not to quit. I had only heard the name before didnt know who he was googled him and he looked similar to the man in my dream.

Hiskid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:58 pm

You know thats quite interesting. Did you ask God if you should stay or leave?

I try not to seek God for the calling or the gifts. I have a really strong burning desire to be used by him in the gifts because of how much I know it can benefit the church, because as the bible says they are given to us to edify the body of Christ.

Its all still quite amazing to me that God would speak to me and tell me anything.... I would be even more encouraged to see things actually happen. Seems like my dreams are always something far off down the line

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiskid on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:46 pm

No, I was just feeling fed up. I was working have 2 little kids and it seemed to be too much it still does at the moment and I am not working for pay now but I know I can do all things through Christ who strentghens me!

Hiskid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Yes that balance in life with a family can be tough, but you can do it.

I have to preach tomorrow night from Isaiah 40: 27-31.

Same concept, even the strongest get weary and even faint..but its
God who is the source of life itself that renews our strength when we get to those low places. We just have to make sure we continue to look to him and plug into him.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:01 am

KDRE,

I havent taken the test.

Please pray over for discernment, and discard what does not rest.

I see this as a warning dream.

Your gifts have allready been confirmed if you have spoken a word to someone or interpreted and they had confirmation in their spirit from The Holy Spirit.

Do not turn your head or open your window to this one who has no boundaries.
She hides her imperfections, conceals her true face that is blemished.

I pray The Lord give you all instruction to protect your gifts and keep your heart warm in marital and spiritual covenant with Him.

Piano

P.S. I see this as someone/something that gets your attention by speaking to your ego. (need for recognition/ respect/ability or value)

Last edited by piano on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Hey there Piano

I didnt get from the dream that the lady having on a little foundation was her masking anything, because it felt more of an encouragement dream to me, moreso than deception.. Truthfully,my wife is really into doing makeup and stuff now and talks about it all the time, but I really have no interest in the stuff. Could be one reason I noticed it because I dont think most women need it anyway.

Also, I wasnt or have no need for any attention or validation from man soto speak. God speaking to me is the only thing I really have a desire and long for if that makes sense... all in all, without HIM im nothing :)

Thank You for your prayers. My God I know he answers prayers!

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:06 pm

I would see it as confirmation of the prophetic anointing definately.

If you are called to the office of prophet you will soon start to know or already do in that if you look at the prophets in the old testament, they all had one thing in common, they got attacked by the enemy in very obvious ways........some call it the prophets reward........alot were rejected for the words sake and the word of God had to be delivered by them otherwise God would not use them, or if they obeyed God giving a word even if it was not what people wanted to hear, they suffered for it.

I don't think if you are called to be a prophet that you are in danger or anything of being harmed, but i am just saying that when you step out in faith to prophesy, the enemy will attack because He hates the anointed word of God.......and prophecy is the opposite spirit of cursing when you think about it. Look at the main prophets lives and how they had to live, Elijah- ran from Jezebel but eventually got the courage from God to face her despite her threat, John the Bapstist- lost his head by confronting sin head on(pardon the punn) and Jeremiah - had to give words that didn't tickle people's ears, Hosea - was called to marry a harlot so the word He gave to Israel (God's lover who had acted the harlot) could be delivered with heart and conviction.

If God is calling you to the office of Prophet ask for the courage and wisdom, cause you will need it. It's a big call but these are the days of Elijah!!!!And He said in the last days He will pour out His spirit on all flesh and people would prophesy.

God bless and I hope this has helped.......

Last edited by Delightful soul on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 am

Hi KDRE,

I will ditto Delightfuls encouragement.
I do believe your dream is prophetic.

I will explain a little but definately accept that you are solely the one who determines what fits for you.

I do not believe that God sends people that are intrusive or aggressive into our life to encourage. Excercise in the area of boundaries, maybe.
That is one of the red flags that prompted my spirit.

You know how The Lord speaks to you, what His encouragement is like.

If you pastor, you are allready held to a higher accountability because you shepherd others.
This gift raises that responsibility to an even greater degree.

So yes, be encouraged that God would give you the gift.

Ditto again.
If God is calling you to the office of Prophet ask for the courage and wisdom, cause you will need it.

Peace to you,

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:59 am

thanks piano for your ditto!

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks to you for answering and chiming in piano and Delightful... I definitely am a good listener, and I for one am very appreciative of your time. Since there aren't a bunch of people for me to relay these things to, this place is a really big blessing for me.

Im a very shy person, and one who also since I am that way couldn't believe God would call me to hold such a responsibility, but as more and more of these things happen to me, its starting to come to the point where I can't deny it and say "Nah there is no way he told me I was one"

One of the main issues I have with the entire prophet thing is this. In the past, alot of people have abused the gift, misled people, etc... we've all heard the stories.

Moreso because of that the prophet has been kicked out of the church. I dont see true prophets invited to most or any of the services I am in or visit (at least here on the west coast), and I hear more pastors preaching to people to stop letting folks get in your face and prophesy lies to you.

What that tells me is not that they are so against prophesy but there is a strong opposition to it because of things that has happened in the past, or seeing people get burned. Now when I hear things preached again prophesy, It doesn't so much discourage me as much as I see that it isnt being allowed to operate in certain places as it probably should or could.

I know God does all things in his perfect timing, but understand I see where I am, it is more preached against than its talked about as far as being used for edification. People look at anyone who prophesies really strange and with a harded face in the church now. I know thats not how it was intended to be. One reason for this confirmation may have been a nudge to just continue to move forward, regardless of what i see.

Anyway, not to make this post a book :) I only want to do what the Lord is calling me to do. Nothing and I mean nothing in this life makes me happier than fulfiilling my calling.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:04 am

You are so right........it is scriptural to have prophesy in the church. But if we stick to the word in our judgement of those words then we are safe.

It's a wonderful gift to have truly as it helps people grow into who they are destined to be, it is an encouraging and edifying gift, by that I mean a prophet may not always tickle peoples ears but it will resonate with the hearer and build them up to be more effective as christians.

Blessings........

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi, Kdre, I agree that this may be your confirmation. We all have bells that go off when something is not right, even if it sounds good. You didn't get those bells (Holy Ghost alert), right?

Also, you said that you try not to ask for gifts, but Paul actually says it is good for us to do this-reason being is because the gifts are for edifying the body of Christ, and it is desireable to be a servant to the people as a means of serving the true and living God.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi Hislightbeam!

Yes.. we definitely have that signal if something is wrong.

That wasnt the case here. Somehow I knew the woman was about to say something to me about God when the scene shifted but I didnt know what.

She was very sweet about it, but serious in the sense that it seemed to come from God.

When I say i dont pray for the gifts, I mean I dont pray that as a primary motive, moreso than wanting God's presence in my life first and foremost.... of course some people put gifts as their first priority, but thats never what I want to be mine.... in that order.

I so do desire the gifts work through me, because of the kind of uplifting it does for the body. God really is a wonder to me :)

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:13 am

Aww, how sweet... thumbs

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:02 am

In the dream did you know what the women said was true, (even though she is flawed?) Your spirit is right, your sensitivity to God is there, You have decided to follow Jesus, and there is no turning back. It is where the Holy Spirit is leading you, If you earnestly do still need a confirmation to know with fullness this is where God is taking you, If this is so, I pray that God will confirm in His way to you, and you will know that you know that you know. In Jesus name, amen

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 am

Hi Linda

Yes I do know what she said was true. If anything I can point out one night reading my bible many years ago, I just so happened to have opened Jeremiah, and the Verse 5 seemed to shoot out of the book

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

At the time I didn't take that as God telling me that I was a prophet as much as it was him confirming my call to preach.... It was later down the line moreso the last couple of years that I am starting to come into the realization from certain experiences such as this one, that thats exactly what he was telling me also.

I do struggle with coming to grips with it every other blue moon because of reasons I posted about in above posts (ie, prophets being kicked out of the church, how false prophets have turned alot of pastors off, not having any around to talk to, etc...)

I think my main desire at this point moreso than confirmation is to really just operate in the calling, not necessarily to just prophesy, but to get the church into the place God desires, to help his people, to confirm their callings also, to see God work among us the way things were intended.

I thank you for your prayers and yes yes Thank You for posting. Im willing to grow and get understanding no matter how the Lord decides to give it to me... This forum again is such a blessing!

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:01 am

Hi Kdre,

Dont you know that it took 5 years for Paul to know His calling as apostle of the gentiles after His encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus?

It would really take much time to know what God has called us to do or our calling, in a general sense.

Well, in your case, I can confim that you have prophetic anointing when I read the other dream you had about your pastor, it was prophetic.

Check this verse:

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:23 am

Hey Owen

That dream about Pastor and the church, was definitely disturbing
to me. I believe someone here mentioned to pray for the situations
and I had a peace with that advice, because prayer is definitely
one thing I can do if nothing else.

Did it really take Paul that long to realize his place in God? I never knew that. See how you learn something new everyday!

Im still pretty blown away by the opening of my eyes to all of this.

I was told that the more you grow into this type of a calling, that the more these kinds of dreams happen to you. Is that true for any of you here?

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 am

I just felt in my spirit to tell this, and I know it is important issue.

In the last two decades, God has been restoring the office of the prophets into His Church. God knows and we know, to fulfill what the church has created to do, she needs the prophetic ministry, as well as the apostolic. This office has been widely misunderstood, misjudged, misused, and abused by the church which has resulted to rejection. But I believe God has raised up His true prophets in these last days with power, anointing, and true fruits as proof of their ministry.If there are true prophets, there are also false. Our duty is to know and discern the true from the false. fear should not stop us from accepting and walking in true prophetic ministry.

there are so much to talk about it, to write them all here wont be enoug!

God bless!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:49 am

Owen, I do agree with you on that. I'd be more than happy to chat about it anytime... I can shoot you my email address if you ever want.

Anyhow, I guess it is all a timing thing, and it certainly wasnt a luck of the draw that I found this place when I did.

I definitely see it as a problem that our church has willfully accepted a crippled 5 fold ministry and made it into a 3 fold ministry (pastor teacher evangelist)

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:56 am

It would be great! just send me a PM if you want to talk about something.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:22 am

Im not able to send PMs yet, but I plan on being here long enough to get there lol.

Thanks again to you all. I love the conversations

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Owen that is exactly correct...God is raising up His true church, and bringing His divine order with His prophets and establishing His Apostolic ministry. The true church is having a revival of sorts, the true is coming out from among the false traditions of man.
KDRE. I know from experience that the more you take action, to the things that God is telling you the more the communication continues to grow and the more sensitive you become. It is like going from seed to fruition, from Glory to Glory. I shared a post yesterday that shows this very thing, When you step out in faith to obey this voice of God, he will give provision on your path to complete whatever it is that God is having you do.
The concerns that surround you are of course not from God, he is calling us all to ignore the fear, ignore past experience, ignore even our own "God of logic" and to instead, walk on water. I believe this is the place where miracles flourish. God Speed.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:33 pm

ps. The post yesterday is called "Step Out In Faith" and is about following through on the prophetic messages that we receive from God. Hope it is of some practical value. I have been recieving specific instructions from God since I was 22 years old. I am now 55 years old, and still becoming more sensitive to His leading. God Bless.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top