Miracle Producing Faith

Go down

Miracle Producing Faith Empty Miracle Producing Faith

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:11 am

Many people have approached me with questions and comments about the “Faith Doctrine”, most of them disillusioned by what they were believing for but didn’t receive. I have heard comments like So-and-so was hurt by the faith doctrine, and many other such stories of people losing faith after not receiving what they were believing for.

This ministry has seen God do some amazing things. Below is a small list of the incredible things we’ve seen God do through prayer, which I illustrate to demonstrate that we believe in miracles and we have faith. Jesus said He could do nothing that God didn't show Him first. The miraculous things that we've seen God do, He has also shown us first.

Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

NASA Man Saved by God Through Our Prayers

Virginia Tech Student's bravery saves herself and classmates

Tornado embedded storm fades over my house after God assures me that I will be fine

Baby Miraculously Saved by God Through Prayer

Man Survives High Speed Crash

God showed us the first tornado in four years one month before it happened, not a soul injured!

Everything that we teach here is 100% biblically based. I don't teach anything that I don't have a biblical basis for. If we deviate from biblical patterns established then what we are doing really isn't biblical even if it is widely practiced.

Let me explain how I came to be the prove it to me person. In the bible, Jesus said to Peter, Whatever you bind will be bound in heaven and whatever you loose will be loosed in heaven. Prior to learning what that scripture truly meant I had spent alot of time binding and loosing in prayer. Then I found out that historically binding and loosing refered to establishing and rescinding church laws. Peter was given authority to make religious laws and to rescind religious laws. Which is why the church allowed Peter to decide that the new converts would only have to follow four basic laws, Jesus had given him that authority. Peter decided that gentiles were only to be bound to four laws and he also loosed the church from being bound to the dietary laws that Jews prescribed to. Modern day popes believe that they have the same authority that Peter had because they are direct church descendants from Peter's leadership. This is the same reason they believe they have the authority to create and rescind church laws - from the same authority that Peter was given in the bible.

Prior to learning this truth, I spent a lot of time praying and feeling like my binding and loosing was ineffective. About then the Lord taught me and brought to my understanding of the truth about that scripture - that it was related to the authority of making and breaking religious laws.

Another thing that I did in my prayer life consistently was rebuke the devil. I would say things like, I rebuke you devil! And then I looked up the word rebuke in the dictionary. It means to express sharp, stern disapproval of. What I was literally saying was, I yell at you loudly! What rebuking truly means is to say something along these lines: DEVIL YOU ARE A LIAR AND I AM NOT TAKING IT! GET OUT! Rebuking is probably what you would do to your children if you caught them smoking. You would not say, Johnnie, I rebuke you.

Through this, the Lord taught me that if we stick to using biblical examples as the measure of our beliefs we will not ever get off track. I personally do not want to waste my time doing something that might not be very effective? Or worse, why would we do something that makes us ineffective? Imagine for just a minute that I am correct in my understanding of the binding and loosing tradition and that it has been misinterpreted. Can you imagine how a demon would respond when someone says I bind you? I can picture them laughing themselves silly. In this case, it is actually making us ineffective. Christians who are actually taking the time to pray but are doing it ineffectively are not only not accomplishing anything, they are being prevented from accomplishing what they would accomplish if they were praying effectively. I am sure the enemy loves having the portion of the church that knows they have power and authority over demons using their power and authotity totally ineffectively.

When I see a situation that the Holy Spirit is directing me to pray and take authority over, I pray that God would do His part and I tell the devil to GET OUT IN JESUS NAME. Needless to say, as a result, I changed the way I prayed. I decided that I was not going to practice any portion of my spiritual walk in a way that I do not have a biblical example to practice it. What Jesus did, I will do. What the disciples did, I will do. If they didn't do it, why would I? The disciples were taught BY GOD. I am placing my faith in the fact that Jesus did not leaving anything undone in their training.

Because the Lord showed me these things and taught me to follow Him and His example, I have put that philosophy into practice in all the areas of my walk with Christ and at present, I'm working it out into learning, understanding, and teaching everything that I teach by relying on completely 100% on biblical examples. By example I mean - examples. Not just scriptures that can be and often are taken out of context but by examples.

For instance, because there is no example of binding and loosing in the bible, but only a scripture that vaguely comments about binding and loosing, the binding and loosing scripture was taken out of context.

An example of Jesus rebuking the devil is the narrative story of him telling the demon: "Come out of him!" This is a practical example that cannot be misconstrued.

The same thing can be applied to the entire faith doctrine. Do what they did in the bible. Look at the examples. If you do this you will never get off track.

Anyway, this was not supposed to be about prayer. The Lord taught me not do things that I've always done just because I've been taught to do them that way or because that is the way everybody else does them. He's taught me to use biblical examples faithfully. Show me why and where in the bible that there are a.) SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of this taking place, and then b.) give me at least two, most the time THREE scriptures SPECIFICALLY and IN CONTEXT which back up what you are trying to teach me. When I say in context... if the bible chapter is not about what we want the scripture to support, I don't usually accept it.

Let me give you an example in the faith doctrine:

The book of Hebrews talks about all the things people had faith in God for; the walls of Jericho coming down, Abraham being the father of many nations, Sarah conceiving a baby in her retirement, Noah building an ark, Gideon’s victory, Elijah praying for rain, and the Israelites going through the Red Sea. Amazing things happened in all of these cases and the people involved were credited as having great faith. Now look at the example set in each of these stories. The common denominator in each of these cases is that God told them that it was going to happen before it happened and then they had faith that it would happen exactly like He said it would. The key is, God spoke it first.

When Jesus healed people, the people had to have faith to get healed but the key is still the same - they went to God and He said it before it happened.

One sure fire way to avoid getting hurt by misplaced faith is to have a close enough relationship with God that He tells you what will be and then you have faith for it. Sometimes He will tell you by giving you that absolute-knowing in your spirit. The kind of 'knowing' that you couldn't be budged from if a train was headed straight for you. It's a supernatural knowing because God imparted it to your spirit. Other times God will tell you through a prophet, or through a dream or even audibly or internally with words. There are many different ways to hear from God but the key is the same. When God says it, that’s the way it’s going to be and that’s the end of the story. If He said it, it’s going to happen.

People get hurt when they believe that God is going to do something that He never said He would do, or even worse, they have faith that God will do the opposite of what He said He was going to do.

Here is an example:

Two New Testament prophecies

"And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch. And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius. Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea: Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul." (Acts 11:25-30 KJV)

And….

“as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus. And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith The Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles."

"And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem. Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus. And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done"

Paul also received a prophecy that his ship was going to sink but that he’d be fine.

I personally know Christian ministers whom I love dearly who would not have received any of the above prophecies. Instead, they would stand in faith that those things were not going to happen. They would have believed the opposite of what God said was going to happen. This is not faith in God, it is faith in a fallible doctrine. Faith is hearing from God and trusting that what He tells you, specifically for your life, will come to pass. The key is knowing him well enough to hear from Him.

Another kind of faith, talked about in Hebrews, is trusting that God is God and He will take care of you no matter what you go through- meaning that sometimes you will go through some stuff. Hebrews talked about people having faith, and as a result of their faith, they were sawn in half, and whipped, and a whole bunch of other stuff that wouldn’t fit into some modern day faith doctrines.

The most awesome Word that God ever spoke through me was, "Take comfort in My Goodness." This Word wasn't meant for me but it is the essence of God's care and protection of us and I will cherish it until the day I die. This sentence is the epitome of faith for me.

Until I know specifically what God plans to do in any situation in my life, I take comfort in His Goodness.[b]

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com
Mia Sherwood
Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Miracle Producing Faith Empty Re: Miracle Producing Faith

Post by mjtorrence on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:02 pm

:goodpost:
mjtorrence
mjtorrence