exasperating wedding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

exasperating wedding

Post by Deborah on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:06 am

I had a dream last night I was attending a wedding. The event was at a church in a remote area, but the church was famous because it had just been photographed in a national magazine. I remember it had extremely high, knotty-pine ceilings. I don't recall knowing anyone at the wedding, but I recognized five beautiful women from the article I had read about the church.

Suddenly, someone asks me if I would be the pianist at the wedding, handed me some sheet music and said I owed $2 for the music. what I was a little perturbed--I mean, why should I pay for music when I'm doing them a major favor by playing, especially with such short notice? The ceremony starts and it's very boring. One of the beautiful women talks from the pulpit a very long time about a mundane subject no one cares about.

I remember feeling impatient and exasperated in this dream. I kept thinking this wedding could be beautiful had it had better planning.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: exasperating wedding

Post by dreamster on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 am

um think of ur piano as a gift of urs thats being drawn on by sumbody who then even makes u pay 4 the script, it kood be a church person whos part of the bride,, i think ur frustrated by church stuff thats irrelivent an long winded,,i kno thers more 2 this but im tyred frm travel, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:09 am

yeah i was thinking along the same lines as Dstr, it sounds like the wedding is the church bride and your role in it is to play piano , the whole being bored thing I feel is about you being frustrated and knowing that the wedding (church) could be beautiful with 'better planning'.........maybe you are the one to help in the planning process and also need to figure out if you want to a. keep paying for things you should be paid for or b. stop being purturbed by it and see it as a love offering perhaps..........

hope this helps, blessings.........

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:22 am

Thanks very much, yep, sounds about right. "Church as usual" is very, very boring to me. I go to a Bible study and the people who lead it asked me if I'd play piano, but the problem is there is no piano there, and I don't have a keyboard I could bring with me each week.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:36 am

ahhhhh........so are you feelin pressure to buy one?

I found I did not feel like going to church this morning as it is starting to feel like an appointment I have to attend..........I'm one of those people who likes change and hates institutionalisation.........not bagging church or anything, but i sooo understand that feeling.........I know for me God is saying, to trust what he is doin........I have been in home fellowship then no fellowship and occasionally going to church......it's been 3 months since i started going regularly again and this is the one thing I find challenging..........but hey, I have alot of friends that i meet with for coffees and this is where i find i connect and therefore do most of my fellowshipping.......God is doing a new thing these days, a real new thing.........God has been showing me that I am like a flower by the wayside, one of those pretty little flowers that the world calls a weed cause it straggles on the sides of the roads.......I'm not quite in the field but hey I get the cars attention (the world) as they pass by!!

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 am

hmmm ther is more 2 this i feel,, like the 5 virgins,, parable sumhow,, hmmmmmmmm

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:30 am

I posted this several weeks ago on this site:
Matthew 25: 1-13--the parable of the wise and foolish virgins. In verse 7 where it says the wise virgins "trimmed" their lamps, it comes from the word "kosmeo" (we get our word "cosmetics" from this word). It means to beautify, arrange, put in order.

This is the opposite of what those 5 beautiful women were doing in my dream--suppose that makes them the foolish virgins?

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:00 pm

um it kood be showen u that uve been used by the foolish vigins at ur own expense, ,, i think the woman goin on is indikative of sum churchs having a form of but deniyin the powa,, ,,,that has driven u 2 ,, it,, an feel like a ,,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top