Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ispeaktheword

Reading Materials

Hi Jen,

I appreciate you even responding to this post. We will forever be learning and growing in this area of ministry. I love to read! What is the name of the book your reading? Right now I'm reading "Humble is the Way". Its about walking in humility.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

The book is called Angelic Encounters by James W & Michal Ann Goll
He also has some great books on prophecy.
You should check them out!
Love,
Jen
thumbs

Here are some prophecy/ dream/ supepnatural books I like:
My favorite: Dream language by James W & Michal Ann Goll
I just read
Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle by Kris Vallotton and it is wonderful!!!
I also like dream stuff by John Paul with Streams ministries.. not sure his last name.
I'm currently reading a Joyce Meyer book called Approval Addiction..
very good!

I'd love to here what you enjoy reading.
Jen
bouncing

Hey Jen,

Thank you for the info on those books. I am definitely interested in reading Jim Goll's books. I recently read Understanding Prophetic People by Loren Sandford. I thought it was a very good book. Right now im reading Humble is the Way by David Jones and Kathryn Kuhlman's autobiography Daughters of Destiny. Both interesting so far. I just took a class called the "Art of Hearing God" through Streams Ministries. I wish John Paul Jackson taught the class, but it was still very good. I will check out the other books you've mentioned. Thanks Jen!

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

Yes same to you I want to check out your books.
Was john pauls class cool?
I listened to his CD set and it was awesome!
funny story.. I got the CD's from his Dad (who lives close by)
because my mom was his nurse for a while. She told him
about my dreams. He then loaned her John Paul's CD's so I could hear them. I'm so grateful, but I know it was a God thing!

happy dance

Wow Jen,

That's cool. That was definitely a God thing. Yes, I enjoyed the class. It was a 2 day class from 9am to 9pm. Yeah, long days. In between the teachings we had to do some group excercises in regards to moving in the prophetic. It was a good experience. I would take another class through his ministry. Thanks for asking..

Ispeaktheword

What sort of things did you do in the groups? I was thinking of taking his classes.. but it's so hard to take time off with a family. I'll bet they were awesome!!!
:yes:

Hey Jen,

They made half the class stand in a line with their eyes closed. The other half had to walk up to a person with their eyes closed and place their hand on the persons shoulder. The person with their eyes closed had to prophecy a word or words that they felt lead to say to the person that placed their hands on them. The lady that I had totally read me. wow

We did an excercise called "when I look at you". We were placed in groups of 6. We had to go in a circle and everyone in the group would say to the person, When I look at you I see Favor or Miracles or a Teacher etc. It was about going off of first impressions and getting you comfortable with speaking into someone's life. Someone would take notes for each person that the group was speaking to, so at the end you could refer to your notes and see all of the wonderful things that were spoken into your life. I enjoyed that.

At the end of the last class, if the teachers have a word for you they give it to you. They also did impartations at the end of the last class. It was fun and interactive.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

Ooohh I want to go.. that sounds awesome! Had you done those exercises before? How did you do? I have heard and read about it and thought , wow that seems so hard. I wonder if God gives all prophetic gifted people this ability to quickly see things when they touch others? That would be awesome wouldn't it? I guess it has to be developed though.

If you can.. PM me the exact name of the class.. so I can look into it myself!
Love,
Jen

ispeak: At your conference or in other things that you have done, did you do any exercises or learning about how to pray for someone based off the prophectic words you received for someone. Last November, I went to hear a lady's/missionary testimony at our church. When she was done, there were several of us hanging around and we started to pray for one another. K., the missionary, "sees" images as she prays for people. Then, using the images, she prays with that person or over that person, depending on their comfort level. She engaged us in it too. She said to just quiet ourselves and invite the Holy Spirit to wash over us. She said to just blurt out whatever images we were seeing about the person we were praying for. I "saw" these images too. Like one woman, an aquaintance from church, I saw an oasis of water when praying for her. But I wasn't too sure about all of it, and did not know how to turn that into a prayer. But several others in the group saw water too. And the prayer was that she would be a source of refreshing, even sustainance to those around her. Then, the main leader also saw a woman with many breasts. And prayed over this woman's ability to nurture many children. At the time of the prayer, that made no sense. This woman was a single lady, although she was a teacher in middle school. When the prayer time was over, the woman being prayed for said that her neighbor's kids were frequently left alone and neglected. She had been taking care of them a lot and was currently asking the Lord what she should do about them: turn them in to the state or continue to take care of them just as she had been. It was one of the most powerful times of prayer for me.
Anyways, just wondering if you had learned anything about using prophetic words to aid intercession. Thanks!

Hi Rnestseeker,

Thank you for your post. I actually learned alot from you! This class was a first for me. I am a babe when it comes to prophetic ministry. The class I took was called "The Art of Hearing God 101". This was like a beginners class so we just got the basics of prophetic ministry. The next class is called "Advanced Prophetic Ministry".

Thank you for being transparent about your experience and how you were not to sure about all of this stuff. Sometimes I wonder myself. God is really taking his time with me and not letting me experience everything all at once. Its interesting you spoke about seeing images over people. One of the teachers told me she saw a can of sardines being opened over me duh . She said something about the delicacies of the Lord. I questioned it at first but I decided to keep myself open because maybe she really did see a can of sardines being opened over me. I don't want to reject a word that may be from the Lord..

Rnestseeker thank you for sharing that info with me. It will definitely help me as I continue to learn more about this area of ministry.

God bless,
Ispeaktheword

Right back at ya'. The title of that class you took is gripping!
Hmmm- can of sardines? God's compliments can be funny, can't they? Hope the sardines mean "delicatesies" and not "stinky situation only cats would like." :giggle: Thank GOD my ways and thoughts are not His ways/thoughts!!!! Do you think she meant caviar?
Yes, I agree with you - learning to be open, but also discerning is a difficult balance to strike.
I have so enjoyed chatting with you. Blessings!

RnestseekR,

I have had many times when the Lord has shown me an image when I pray over someone. Sometimes I have no clue what it is or how to pray over it so I ask the Lord right then and there in the prayer.....Father, I thank you that you are revealing to me what to pray for right now and I come to you Lord and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal it to me that I may know how to pray....(if nothing comes to my mind or heart) then I pray in the spirit until the Lord gives me a release over that one subject. Sometimes that is a few minutes and sometimes much longer but I do not quit until he releases me. I usually just no longer have the urge to pray in the spirit over the one thing he showed me. Once I get that release I continue to pray over the person and usually then I will get a word from the Lord about the person. I pray that is of help to you.

Love in Christ,

Connie praying praying praying

One more note. I do not believe you should just blurt out what you see over a person. The reason I say this is because you may see them in an accident or some other type of situation that will not edify them. We are to lift them up. We are to encourage them when we pray over them. If I see something that is not favorable to the person or encouraging....then I pray in the spirit until I receive a release. The Lord is asking me at that point to intercede for them on their behalf. Then I will wait for the Lord to tell me what to tell the person. I have had many people tell me to blurt it out.....I do not agree with that as that is not how the Lord has instructed me in the past to do that.

I pray this is of help to you.

Connie